Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2004 1:20:53 PM EDT

A guy I new in middle and highschool was killed in Iraq a few days ago. 23 years old, married to another girl I new. It puts a whole new perspective on the war, doesn't make me against it at all, but its a different feeling thats hard to explain. I was in a liquor store yesterday, and the lady clerk was reading the story with his picture on the paper. She was saying it was sad and the they should kill Bush. I handed her my money and walked out thinking how stupid she was. People we know are dying and these fools are against it and they don't even know why. The only thing I am against is brave soldiers fighting and dying for people who don't respect them, or their country.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Everybody has a right to an opinion.  That doesn't mean you have to give a rat's ass what some liqour store clerk thinks.  You should have told her to STFU and bought you booze down the street.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry  to hear about that.  I have been running into a lot of people who have had at least inderect contact with people who have been lost in Iraq or Afganistsan. That is when the situation really hits home.
 As for the sheeple, my brother once said, "If only you could harness the power of stupidity..."
I suppose that the public disdain for the troops is actually directed mostly towards the politicians that are running the show. I personally have seen mostly support for the troops, personally.
 But, as you said, the shallow lack of appreciation for the situation is really unbelievable. At least till the next terrorist attack.  Then these same jackasses will be calling for more action, more terrorist blood, and will be flying thier flags in droves.
...At least for six months or so.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry to hear about this.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear about that. I know it maked me think when I hear of people dieing that I knew back when.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
tactmaster

I posted a thread about Adam a few days ago. It's several pages back now. There's going to be a memorial service friday, and the funeral is saturday. My son Ryan is coming home from Camp Pendleton and will be one of the pall bearers. They were good friends. The SJ Mercury will likely have something this week about when the funeral is.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I found out that a guy I went to middle school with got killed, in Afghanistan.  He was a good kid, the class clown.  Ruined my day.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#7]
We knew seven people including 2 little kids killed on 9-11.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top