Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2004 10:09:49 AM EDT
Dick Cheney is a proud gun owner and hunter.

In April the Vice President addressed the NRA to wild cheers and acknowledged his own interest in guns.

But a source close to the White House tells NewsMax that Dick Cheney is a true gun aficionado.

Cheney's collection, our sources say, is in the hundreds of guns, including pistols, shotguns and machine guns -- from antique Thompsons to the most modern European automatic machine guns.

To let off some steam (God knows he has some to let off these days), the Vice President has been known to go out to the federal training center in Maryland where the Secret Service does its own gun practice.

A typical Cheney visit, told to us by a person who attended one, included the Vice President bringing some 30 guns from his own collection.

On the ranger, Cheney would blow away his targets -- with Thompson machine guns, the latest German and Austrian machine guns, Lugars, MP5s, shot guns, you name it.

One after another an aide would hand the Vice President his latest armament, and Cheney would fire away, no doubt imagining al-Qaeda terrorists in his gun sights.

We're told Cheney is a good shot to boot.

Cheney is not shy about his shooting activities. Another Cheney friend tells us that at the Cheneys' Christmas party last year he showcased to guests a video of himself shooting while hunting.

NewsMax.com
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh My God.
A GUN NUT!
A fanatic!
Just a heartbeat away!!!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Condi Rice is a very much Pro 2nd Amendment too......

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool.  I hope it's true.  More importantly I hope he supports my right to do the same.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Now we all know what Dick Cheney will be wearing when the White house is attacked: Bandoliers of 5.56 rounds with an m249 under one arm and a full auto m16 under the other. He'll be whackin' terrorists senseless like Elvis at a hempfest.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#5]
now why wont they band together and start killing some old gun legislation?  happy thoughts...
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I will vote for them if htey will take a stand second term to revoke 922(o)
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Dick Cheney's the man.  He sort of like the Hillary Clinton of the Right.  Republicans love him, but he evokes an unfathomable hatred on the Left.  What's so bad about this guy?  Did you see the VP debates?  Cheney and Lieberman were far more genial, intelligent, and likable than Bush or Gore.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What's so bad about this guy?

Ever heard of Halliburton or Brown&Root?

Just one of a thousand links I could post:

www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2000/08/cheney.html
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#9]
My only question is if Cheney is an FFL/SOT, because the common man can't get the from Austria or anywhere else for that matter.  I personally wouldn't mind a Sig 552, among others.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Nothing helps wipe away the pressures of a hard day like 500 rds of full auto orgasm.  Go Dick!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't believe that someone would post a link to "motherjones" and act like it has any truth in it.

It is a left-wing pinko liberal yellow-rag commie site.

And it's full of bovine scatology.

Dick Cheney is a fine fellow and a great American patriot.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#12]
now what would be really cool is if he was a poster on AR15.com  wouldn't that be something
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is a left-wing pinko liberal yellow-rag commie site.

that's never stopped Va before...
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Dick Cheney voted against the plastic gun ban of 1988.

I'm sure Dick has talked some sense into GWB about the assault weapons ban.

Problem is GWB is prez and Cheney ain't.

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
now what would be really cool is if he was a poster on AR15.com  wouldn't that be something

I am.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Uh...Dinger? You did note that all of the money and contracts cited in that article happened between 1992 and 1999. Is Mother Jones proposing that the Clinton Administration colluded with Dick Cheney to enrich their Republican rivals and Halliburton?

I think it is more likely that Clinton's military cutbacks made relying on such private contractors a necessity.

One other question, how many other American companies out there have the same logistical capabilities that Kellogg, Brown & Root have? How many of those companies are actively competing for Pentagon contracts? Exactly WHO is it that is supposedly being hurt by Cheney's close ties with Halliburton/KBR? What company out there has lost a contract they could have otherwise fufilled?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Dick Cheney voted against the plastic gun ban of 1988.

I'm sure Dick has talked some sense into GWB about the assault weapons ban.

Problem is GWB is prez and Cheney ain't.

Hell yeah!

Cheney is a kick-ass, take-names Patriot!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#18]
now what would be really cool is if he was a poster on AR15.com wouldn't that be something

Cheney = Imbroglio!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
now what would be really cool is if he was a poster on AR15.com wouldn't that be something

Cheney = Imbroglio!

LOL, a Veep certainly has time to post as much as he does. Well, Gore did anyways.

As far as Haliburton, there is only one other contractor in the world with the capability to take the role they did, and they are Russian.

If they contracted out the war it'd be over by now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I would love to see a video of Cheney firing a machine gun.  Those are the images those bastard terrorists need to see!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
He'll be whackin' terrorists senseless like Elvis at a hempfest.

Ben

I'm not really sure what that means, but it's still funny as hell.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Hmmmmm, "the latest German and Austrian machine guns ..."

Journalists being journalists (especally where firearms are concerned), I wonder what the "latest" means?

Think the Veep has any post 1986 full-auto firearms?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have, as a matter of fact.  My dad's done quite a few jobs for them on the North Slope.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#24]
You hit the nail on the head.
One of the planned results of the BRAC cuts, base re-alingments and troop downsizing (from both Bush1 and Clinton) was to shift more of the "support" functions of the military (base infrastructure, supply, chow, etc) from the military to civilians.

You can't reason with a nimrod that uses "mother jones" as a reference source.

Quoted:
Uh...Dinger? You did note that all of the money and contracts cited in that article happened between 1992 and 1999. Is Mother Jones proposing that the Clinton Administration colluded with Dick Cheney to enrich their Republican rivals and Halliburton?

I think it is more likely that Clinton's military cutbacks made relying on such private contractors a necessity.

One other question, how many other American companies out there have the same logistical capabilities that Kellogg, Brown & Root have? How many of those companies are actively competing for Pentagon contracts? Exactly WHO is it that is supposedly being hurt by Cheney's close ties with Halliburton/KBR? What company out there has lost a contract they could have otherwise fufilled?

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Go Dick Go!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Cool

Here someone send him an invite to join us (not that it would work probaly)

Vice President Richard Cheney: [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top