BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

First thing I thought...  CID/NCIS (or whatever it is in the USMC) is going to be busy as these things are "lost" in the field.
View Quote

Legit for marines to actually have boating accidents, right?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So many things are gonna get melted/ caught on fire.
View Quote

This.

Bed liner and some pants are guilty of this.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, my hearing is fucked from shooting indoors no hearing pro. But frags and IEDs fucked it way worse.

I guess I don't totally understand why. The gun gets hotter faster, and you'll still be wearing ear pro and still be deaf.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yeah, my hearing is fucked from shooting indoors no hearing pro. But frags and IEDs fucked it way worse.

I guess I don't totally understand why. The gun gets hotter faster, and you'll still be wearing ear pro and still be deaf.

From the OP
CWO4 David Tomlinson, MCSC’s infantry weapons officer, emphasized the importance of suppressors in exchanging information during battle, explaining that “the most important thing the suppressor does is allow for better inter-squad, inter-platoon communication. It allows the operators to communicate laterally up and down the line during a fire fight.”
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They will find a way to make them pregnant.....just because.
View Quote

It has two holes.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is M27 like an AR-RPK?
View Quote
Nope, that was a way to get around the whole rigmarole of replacing a standard issue service rifle.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Any predictions on how well these will hold up under service conditions?  

Not a suppressor guy, I'm genuinely curious.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I get out and we start getting cool stuff.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#8]
It should be shaped like a dick....or at least have one drawn on the side.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, these arnt new in fact quite old. They've been issued all over for quite some time. Kac actually makes a newer design as well likely picked this due to pedigree.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Plenty of units have already used these for deployments. Just not on this scale. Some of the Marine recon units come to mind. I don't have specifics, but they'll do just fine.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I love the way the kac looks. I thought the army was also looking at cans but they liked the oss helix or whatever.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice to see the Uncle Fudds with a college degree are retiring.

2006-2010....brass and Gunners didn't want us using suppressors on the Mk12, didn't want snipers painting their weapons, didn't want us using short barrels on the SAW unless it was a dire need (replacing hot barrel), gave us some seriously shitty armor (MTV). Didn't want enlisted with M4s.
I "learned" from the Gunner that a short barrel greatly reduces your effective range . Hence M4s and short barrel SAWs were no good past 300m.............................................................

I think the only "new thing on the block" they wanted us to use was some sort of inner-ear earpro/comms that sucked royally. Had to be fit to your ear, which everyone is apparently a size medium, and sweat inhibits the device from working properly. Works good if you're sitting down in an air-conditioned room.
But we also had a commander who told us he paid the Iraqi police and mayor to keep "bad guys" away. I'm guessing that's why the 2/3 BC got blown up in 2008 because they weren't going to pay millions of dollars. I guess anyways
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Expected to see this silencer.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
NT4 is old tech isn't it?
View Quote

It is older but it is built like a tank and can take some major abuse. Drawback is weight.

Some people say that it doesn't "meter" as well as some other cans. To my ear, my NT4 has a much more pleasant tone to it compared to other cans. It is a deeper tone and not as sharp sounding, which makes it seem quieter, to me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

The KAC cans have seen extensive use since about 2000 or so. It was the issued SOCOM/JSOC  can for years. It can hold up to a lot of abuse.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Haha. Whoops

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
About fucking time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Yeah, that can is about to take a ride downrange...
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So "in common usage" soon
View Quote

The only common usage those thing will be used for will be stencils for dicks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#20]
What, OSA finally do something good? Six years in the Army, and my ears ring like a motherphucker.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@home_alone1

Hatari was hoping his stamp was around the corner

the 30k the marines are getting just got put on the top of the pile

View Quote

The federal government does not register its weapons with the ATF.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quiet can be very useful, but they will become infrared glow sticks when used for sustained fire.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm genuinely curious.  16.5 + this suppressor seems like at least 24 inches long.   10 inches longer than a standard M4.  I wouldn't want to be in a house to house situation with that.  I think I'd rather just have electronic ear muffs.
View Quote

I cleared plenty of houses rocking M16A2/M203 in Iraq 04.  Just takes practice.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quiet can be very useful, but they will become infrared glow sticks when used for sustained fire.
View Quote

Special ops have been using suppressors for a really long time.  A lot of the time at night.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL, yeah no.

Now anyone that has or wants an "assault suppressor" must turn it in for the mandatory buyback. You can't have military level weaponry. Now pick up that can!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Great, another serialized item to be accounted for.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The M16A4 was always "coming soon".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The M16A4 was always "coming soon".

I'm guessing he meant as a precedent for citizen ownership?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder how many of those suppressors will be "lost" in combat....?????
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sweet.

I look forward to the used Flash Hider/suppressor mounts hitting the market.
View Quote

Gonna get you a sweet sweet deal on a beat to shit a2 flash hider?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#33]
The better to serve us with
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I wonder how many of those suppressors will be reported as "lost" in combat....?????
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wonder how many of those suppressors will be reported as "lost" in combat....?????
View Quote

I'm going to just go out on a limb here and say you've never witnessed a service member loosing their issued sensitive serialized equipment. Yet alone, a Marine.

Hell I once was hazed until I wished for death because I was the blame for losing batteries for Motorola radios that I had yet to draw out from our company office for my squad. Come to find out the entire company was short 50 batteries out of 200. All I tried to draw was 7 batteries, and there were none left to get
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I always heard how cumbersome and unworkable 20 inch barrel guns for for vehicles and house to house.  Now we're fielding something even longer.

What's the idea, do they take it off whenever they do house to house?  That seems like the best time to have it.
View Quote

Huh? We’ve cleared a lot of houses with M16A2’s. M16’s. M-14’s. M1 Garands, etc etc.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

When I draw my weapon they scan all items deemed sensitive, weapon, optic, laser, and suppressor. If I came back without any of those it would be a real bad day for me unless I had a REAL good reason.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#40]
PewPewPew.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
About fucking time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sounds like KAC should have serialized their USMC marked rear sights then also. Same with Colt or FN detachable carry handles, and all those boxes of Brownells tan follower magazines that are only available on the secondhand market. Half of us have this stuff, we're just afraid to admit it now.
View Quote

Most of those things got replaced by something else at some point and the unit doesn't really give a shit about them.  None of those items are either sensitive or have a high dollar value assigned to them. Most of them also arent on the property book at most units.

It all just sits in boxes for years until it either walks off or some self motivated individual turns it in to DRMO.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I love the way the kac looks. I thought the army was also looking at cans but they liked the oss helix or whatever.
View Quote

The army's compact semi-auto sniper system selected the original OSS can that is two-part and octagonal.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:01:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

When I draw my weapon they scan all items deemed sensitive, weapon, optic, laser, and suppressor. If I came back without any of those it would be a real bad day for me unless I had a REAL good reason.
View Quote

Lasers in particular seem to make it to the grey market with some frequency.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Lasers in particular seem to make it to the grey market with some frequency.
View Quote

It isnt just military that use them. But if they are military equipment it wasn't stolen at the user level.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This.

Bed liner and some pants are guilty of this.
View Quote

A couple of months ago I was doing some shooting. Wasn’t really thinking and laid my suppressed gun down on a folding plastic table. That table now has a nice RECCE 5 sized hole in it.

On the bright side, it was oddly satisfying pealing that plastic off of my suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#47]
How long till we start seeing the circle pattern burns/scarification being a thing?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Based on the unanimous US v Miller decision, this would mean that suppressors are protected under the 2nd Amendment and not subject to NFA. The reason is that suppressors are now clearly demonstrating military application.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:27:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Based on the unanimous US v Miller decision, this would mean that suppressors are protected under the 2nd Amendment and not subject to NFA. The reason is that suppressors are now clearly demonstrating military application.
View Quote

So how's that going for machine guns, SBRs, grenades, and functional tanks?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:06:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

When the 7-ton runs over the NVG's, the hazing is reduced by 3/4 as long as you find the serial number to turn in.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top