Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

would that go in the pleasure Journal Duty log?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder whose winning the combat jack contests for number of places jacked and number of times?

would that go in the pleasure Journal Duty log?
ROOM SECURE BATTLE BUDDY!

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
The day after the troops leave:

Congressman who never served, "Look at all these socks laying around"

Staffer who did 2 tours in sandbox. "Don't touch them!"
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Reminds me of military takeovers of many 2 bit dictators elsewhere in the world, banana republic?
View Quote

Congress will approve a bill so they can start building barracks for them next to the Capitol for safety reasons.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#6]
So let me make sure I've got this straight.  Congress is afraid of the people, so they've surrounded themselves with the military?  

Alarm bells are ringing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

the smart NCOs brought a stack of counseling forms and training records, and are knocking out their unit's annual SHARP, EO, LOAC, and other training requirements
View Quote

Not sure about NG, but if they were to give liberty to active duty line units it would most likely create even more problems.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats some really good optics for the rest of the world to see
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t see a single magazine in those photos.
View Quote

and you never will as long as congress is present.  they fear armed citizens, even if it is the Military
View Quote

Yep. There are suddenly countless news articles on the military and LE having "extremists/domestic-terrorist-sympathizers in their ranks". The purges are coming.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Congress will approve a bill so they can start building barracks for them next to the Capitol for safety reasons.
View Quote

I wonder if they let them use the bathrooms in the building? And showers? Logistics must be strange
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Couldn’t even get them mags for their rifles....
View Quote

Even empty mags in magwells represent too much of a threat the the "eLiTe" of congress.  They'd pee a little whilst walking by.  I wonder how many actually stop to talk with the NG Soldiers, and how many step over them with a look of disgust on their faces.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So let me make sure I've got this straight.  Congress is afraid of the people, so they've surrounded themselves with the military?  

Alarm bells are ringing.
View Quote

They need the military to protect their coup while hiding behind the constitution yo..
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#14]
That looks disgraceful to me.

I hope the senior NCO's are trying to do something for those people.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They probably rotate in and out of duty on a schedule. They are humans, they have to rest at some point.

Any where I ever deployed we did similar stuff.
View Quote

Looks like something I have done.

Don't worry, they are fucking ready.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You know how I know you don't know many Marines?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're GI's, not Marines.

Pretty sure GIs are the dick drawers and jar heads are the crayon eaters.  But feel free to correct if I'm wrong.

You know how I know you don't know many Marines?

He's right you know.  Marines love the D.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#17]
CSPAN reported a few minutes ago that
there are more military personnel
in the Capitol than at any time in its history.

Duh..

also, that there are now more in DC than in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bunch of unsecured weapons if you ask me.
View Quote

Probably no ammo issued unless crowds start to gather and after the political elites are confirmed safe.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thats some really good optics for the rest of the world to see
View Quote

Other countries are now seeing just how powerful big tech is. Hopefully they dump everyone and start their own country based platforms.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
CSPAN reported a few minutes ago that
there are more military personnel
in the Capitol than at any time in its history.

Duh..

also, that there are now more in DC than in Iraq and Afghanistan.

View Quote

more than when the Brits burnt Washington DC down?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like they were told to  STAY OFF THE FURNITURE!  
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#23]
ITT seditionists are surprised that the government is fighting back.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Where are they from? News is reporting 15K are in DC. IIRC, most individual state NG strengths are below that.
View Quote

There was a list in the other threads. Blue states. Mostly from the NE. Have to minimize the possibility of those sympathetic to the insurrectionists.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That looks disgraceful to me.

I hope the senior NCO's are trying to do something for those people.
View Quote

you're right they should take their little tents and put them up on the National Mall like a civil war encampment.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Those pics gave away opsec. Now everyone knows there's a few hundred armed soldiers inside the Capitol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Having spent time in the military and in the NG, from experience I can say that is exactly how things look when missions are thrown together last minute and the chain of command failed to secure proper housing accommodations.  In this case I bet Congress cried that they needed 24 hour protection and want them there all the time.  Which is stupid since none of them are armed and are mostly ceremonial at this point.  Protect us all with your lives, while we refuse to give you the tools to do so.  That is disgraceful.  

I have slept in far worse conditions on far worse sleeping spots across the US and the world.  Those are not bad accommodations for soldiers.  Reasonably warm and dry is great.  

I guarantee those Guardsmen are bored and wishing they were back home with a warm bed.  Most are thinking that their present orders are full retard and that congress should unfuck itself and get back to serving the citizens properly instead of pissing them all off.    Despite that, they will do their duty, follow their orders, and bitch all the time while sucking it up.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

more than when the Brits burnt Washington DC down?
View Quote

Don’t shoot The Messenger.

Just spreadin’ the
NYooooze....
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Man that's eerie.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Did they set up port-o-potties outside for them? I don't think that congress critters would want to share facilities!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Isn't this the exact definition of quartering soldiers.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

- COVID concerns are for controlling your behavior, not theirs.
View Quote

Yeah, I was just about to comment on how there is a significant lack of "social distancing" and mask protocol being enforced

I thank God that I'm out...

Disgusting how our service members put up with so much and those same law makers walking past them have no problem with passing legislation and/or supporting orders that put them in unnecessary harm's way and/or blocks them from compensation and/or medical services after service
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Did they set up port-o-potties outside for them? I don't think that congress critters would want to share facilities!
View Quote

Shitting on the floor would be appropriate.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Came for the false flag, stayed for the debt crisis
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There was a list in the other threads. Blue states. Mostly from the NE. Have to minimize the possibility of those sympathetic to the insurrectionists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are they from? News is reporting 15K are in DC. IIRC, most individual state NG strengths are below that.

no  the inauguration was a schedule event it's usually based on FEMA regions.  the exception was region II which included New York and New Jersey. I suspect their participation was just vertue signalling they can't be left out of all this government cheddar of course.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Its not their fault that they are forced to sleep on the floor.

ill bet the majority of them don't even want to be there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#38]
A bunch of dudes need to go make Pelosi's office look like Michael J Fox tried to paint the ceiling.

Just saying, if I were in the Capitol, I'd rid one out, just to say I did.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I just want to walk in there and yell “at ease” so loud it echos the halls
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That's disgraceful.
View Quote

Why?
There are rarely that many spare beds available at the bases around Washintoon, DC.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

MRE shits may shut down the entire city's sewer system. LOL
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Damn they really have all those Joes posted in there without even anything to rest on, on the fucking hard ass cold floor. That looks like shit on their leadership, which given they’re in the capitol, I guess goes all the way to the top.

Having armed military posted up there looks like shit anyway. It looks like some third world bullshit, or like that part in Dark Knight Rises where they are all fucking around in government buildings doing whatever having kangaroo court. Weird times.
View Quote

Mmhm.

Have to have masks! Have to stop the “riots!”

But no beds, no mags, no rooms set aside for quarters.

What a fucking joke.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#43]

And make "faith" "fear"

Religion has not done this to us, that movie was retarded in that aspect.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Having spent time in the military and in the NG, from experience I can say that is exactly how things look when missions are thrown together last minute and the chain of command failed to secure proper housing accommodations.  In this case I bet Congress cried that they needed 24 hour protection and want them there all the time.  Which is stupid since none of them are armed and are mostly ceremonial at this point.  Protect us all with your lives, while we refuse to give you the tools to do so.  That is disgraceful.  

I have slept in far worse conditions on far worse sleeping spots across the US and the world.  Those are not bad accommodations for soldiers.  Reasonably warm and dry is great.  

I guarantee those Guardsmen are bored and wishing they were back home with a warm bed.  Most are thinking that their present orders are full retard and that congress should unfuck itself and get back to serving the citizens properly instead of pissing them all off.    Despite that, they will do their duty, follow their orders, and bitch all the time while sucking it up.

View Quote

That's what I was thinking. At least they're in a building with heat/AC and dry. Its a lot better than living in some bullshit tint or out of a vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Wonder how many COVID cases will come from this.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Couldn't get those men some cots or something?

View Quote

Too expensive!   That would cost at least $10k. Gotta maintain fiscal discipline.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Big damn heroes.

Will there be a service medal for this opera(tion)?
View Quote

It's not their fault.  I'm fairly sure very few of them want to be there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Congress must be really frightened, what a government we have now
View Quote

I heard they each have three guardsmen assigned to each of their bedrooms.

BTW, this is also what a military coup might look like.  Seriously.  Keep lethal force on hand to keep the disloyal legislators from doing anything too interesting.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Remember when having an armed forces parade was a sign that Trump was a dictator and shit?

View Quote

Now we all realize everything the left says is projection and political.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#50]
These poor bastards are being used by Democrat politicians to create the image of some dire threat to the country. This is orchestrated propaganda for the MSM.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top