Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 1/13/2021 9:26:16 AM EDT
Local Academy Sports, Cabelas, Gander and most LGS are out of everything and nothing has been delivered in two weeks. Walmarts are down to 28 gauge shotgun shells.

Before the new year all of these places would get random shipments and it would be gone fast, but they were still getting SOMETHING.

On local dealer says he’s on hold while distributors reevaluate pricing schedules, again.

Gun inventory, same story,
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Both sides are panic buying like never before, for good reason.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder why that may be.

I managed to get two boxes of 300 BLK and one box of Tula yesterday/ the day before for what is on the high end of pre panic prices.  Limited to 1 box per caliber per day, so I’ve been swinging by when I can.  Sad when that counts as an ammo score.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#3]
My 1k rounds of wolf was pushed back from Feb to April (sportsmans guide)
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I'm starting to regret having sold all of mine. Doesn't look like the opportunity to replenish is going to come cheap.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I was just wondering about the yearly production rates and where those numbers are today

There are plenty of raw resources for component/ammunition production.

Every month ammo production produces a consistent number, is there a graph for 2020?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, yep.  Bought 1k in Sep last year and it was supposed to ship Nov..... then Dec....then Jan....now Feb.  I am starting to have doubts it will ever ship.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Are they holding your funds hostage?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#8]
The Arfcom mantra has been repeated incessantly since I first started here:  

“Buy cheap, stack deep.”
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know where I can get some cheap 9mm?

I don't really want to pay more than .20/rd.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah I'm starting to regret having sold all of mine. Doesn't look like the opportunity to replenish is going to come cheap.
View Quote

This situation feels different.  Guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

You’re gonna need a time machine
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like the "big money" flippers got fucked by trying to make a few hundred dollars in the short term.  Too shortsighted in their part.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Plot twist, all resources are gone, covid and gov locked it all down. Whats left is what's mined and stored. Civil War coming and gov gonna ban ammo
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:40:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

You never sell your entire position. Always have to leave skin in the game.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Neckbeards are buying it up and selling it.

When you stop buying at astronomically inflated prices the price will go down.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

That’s only a part of it. Manufacturers are experiencing issues with raw materials and transportation delays.  All that ammunition the Federal CEO was showing on that video was likely destined for the military.  

I predict that many of the smaller fun stores go out of business as firearms are suffering the same fate.

With reloading components at an absolute premium, these smaller shops are fucked.  They’ll be closing, unless the government shits more money for them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#17]
So are the mfgs unable to get components because they are made in China?  How does one make a primer?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks like the "big money" flippers got fucked by trying to make a few hundred dollars in the short term.  Too shortsighted in their part.
View Quote

Yes, sadly you are correct. I can't begin to explain the feeling of uneasiness I'm experiencing right  now living without any guns or ammo. Simply did not see any of this coming. I'm decently skilled with a bo staff but that isn't going to get me very far when things really start to pop off.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The Arfcom mantra has been repeated incessantly since I first started here:  

“Buy cheap, stack deep.”
View Quote

And for at least the foreseeable future, that mantra has been replaced with "buy extremely high and in quantities so low it isn't even deserving of being described as a stack".

For the people who didn't lay back some ammo before the current crisis (because they were complacent or maybe just broke), they probably aren't going to be doing much shooting in the next year. Any ammo being found/bought will be in smaller quantities for all but the wealthy. And it will be reserved for serious purposes, not for plinking or general blasting.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Ive had some ammo listed on armslist for 60day. Couple of inquiries, but this week ive gotten double the messages versus what ive had before.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes, sadly you are correct. I can't begin to explain the feeling of uneasiness I'm experiencing right  now living without any guns or ammo. Simply did not see any of this coming. I'm decently skilled with a bo staff but that isn't going to get me very far when things really start to pop off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So are the mfgs unable to get components because they are made in China?  How does one make a primer?
View Quote

there are videos on youtube where federal tours the plant and shows the people making primers and how they do it.

the "match" primers really are not any different from the standard line, the folks they put on the match primer line are the ones who have been doing it for years so its more consistent.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I guess you can take the money you made and stock up on Toilet paper to get ahead of the next TP panic.

Just don’t sell it all! Lol keep some around to wipe your own ass
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#24]
If the Dems have their way, I predict they will put most of the ammo makers out of business and restrict most of it for police and gov. thugs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I predict that many of the smaller fun stores go out of business as firearms are suffering the same fate.
View Quote

Not necessarily.  My local FFL dealer (Pawn shop) said he had about 20K of ammo coming in from various sources.  He will not sell by the case (because fuckers will buy it up and triple the price at gun shows).  He'll sell by the box and gives a better price if purchased with a firearm.

Wife's cousin called me.  He picked up a Ruger 556 and the shop said they would sell him a couple boxes of ammo because he bought a firearm.  I think a lot of business are doing this; limiting ammo sales to gun sales.  Makes sense, most people won't spend money on a gun they can't feed.

I've got more than enough ammo, but I'm slowing down on my personal training/shooting.  Now is the time for other priorities.  

Honestly, now that the C19 pandemic is essentially cured, the media and gov't will stop talking about it, the economy has to reopen for positive news on the new administration.  People will be able to get out and spend money elsewhere and supplies will catch up to demand. Or we go the other route and a draconian regime eliminates the 2A, taxes gun owners, buys all the ammo and starts shooting opposition...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Lol, yep.  Bought 1k in Sep last year and it was supposed to ship Nov..... then Dec....then Jan....now Feb.  I am starting to have doubts it will ever ship.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Last Wednesday I popped into cabelas north Denver. Picked up 250rds of aguilla for a friend for their 4h kids (5 box limit). They also had crap tons of remington 9mm 115gr fmj for 17.99 a box and a whole bunch of winchester m855 150rd boxes for 74.99 all with 5 box limit. There was so much there it probably lasted through most of the day even with the 5 box limit.

Not saying the ammo shortage is getting less severe but it is coming into stock shortly here and there if a guy has time to look around.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#28]
It’s starting to make its way here. Dealer told me to buy whatever I need now because he can’t get much.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#29]

I don't really want to pay more than .20/rd. ”
View Quote

LOL good luck with that...
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Got notice last night that a bunch of Wolf X39 I backordered in November is being delivered this week. FedEx guy ain't gonna be happy. The 4 pay plan helps to ease the pain. Still got a bunch of stuff on B/O at Optics Planet I'll probably never see. At least Sportsman's Guide has always come thru for me on their backorders. It's always crazy to get those backorders shipped in and have the current value of the items be 2.5X what I bought it for a couple months back. Better than gold.....unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Last Wednesday I popped into cabelas north Denver. Picked up 250rds of aguilla for a friend for their 4h kids (5 box limit). They also had crap tons of remington 9mm 115gr fmj for 17.99 a box and a whole bunch of winchester m855 150rd boxes for 74.99 all with 5 box limit. There was so much there it probably lasted through most of the day even with the 5 box limit.

Not saying the ammo shortage is getting less severe but it is coming into stock shortly here and there if a guy has time to look around.
View Quote

That will change now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#33]
A buddy of mine paid $469 for 1k .223 that was the reject/blemished stuff...said he thought he got a good deal.  I was like damn, when its that much for potentially messed up ammo and its a deal its bad times.  I think I paid that for 1k of green tip a few months ago and felt like it was high.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This was always a known risk.  I kept a good 10k in reserve for personal use.  Put quite a bit of the gain from my ammo fort into nice guns I wanted.

Ammo is still available if you really need it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Are they holding your funds hostage?
View Quote

No, SG doesn't charge until it ships.  

I received 2K of 308 and 1K of 17HMR from them.  

Still have 4K of 9MM and 2K of 308 on B/O - been kicked a couple of times but I've gotten some of it (ordered in late summer).
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Neckbeards are buying it up and selling it.
View Quote

Where are they buying it?

The best that even a dedicated neckbeard could do wouldn’t yield a huge profit. Maybe they buy 5.56 at .62-.65 and sell for .80-1.0. This isn’t like early 2013 when you could triple your money.

I get the distinct impression that most buyers are holding, not re-selling. And the market pricing and inventory numbers bear that out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Same here, my Academy was getting random ammo shipments, now NOTHING. Gun counter is bare too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/469224/Screenshot_2021-01-13_084648_jpg-1777404.JPG

Good luck, my Wolf order is from July '20 and says shipping 4/13/21

Win 9MM still says 1/25/21 but I don't really expect it then.  PPU 308 as well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#39]
I haven't even sold the ammo I have no guns for anymore.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#40]
We were warned to buy during the salad days.  Shame on you if you didn't.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

You were warned...unless you needed the money don't sell it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Just got 8 boxes of .45 ACP Golden Sabers for $23.99 per at the LGS. Seems spotty but things are still coming in.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#43]
My bass pro is getting stuff but as soon as it hits the shelves it's picked clean.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Shit sandwich days.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Even reloading supplies are wiped out
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#46]
There isn't really a huge shortage on guns at least locally. Its ammo that's the issue.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#47]
I never really understood people who sell part or all of their stash to make a "nice profit" in this tenuous political and economic climate.

Really???

If you need the extra cash, get a fucking side job delivering pizza or something and you get to have your "nice profit" AND keep your stash.

SMH
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

LMFAO

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

The problem is that there's nothing to panic buy anymore. I'm not disputing that it's being manufactured, but it seems to not be reaching the retailers. Where's it going?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#50]
I feel old, got into reloading post 9/11.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top