Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2001 6:45:38 PM EDT
I was checking out who was registered and saw the handle "Dirk Pitt".  Made me think of Cussler and the fact that his last 2 novels SUCK, relatively speaking.  Is it just me or has he lost his touch?  I'm a huge fan but am not impressed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Finally another Cussler fan!!! I have most of his books in hardcover, but like you the last couple have been lacking something. I think it may be because he is working with a co-author. Anyway I hope he gets back in the groove, I really enjoy his books. I haven't noticed the Dirk Pitt user name I wish I would have thought of that!
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Inca Gold is awesome.  

What is your favorite Cussler book?  

Hell, I think almost all are good.  Just wish I had a new one to read  :(

Edited due to the fact I can't spell.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
They are getting pretty predictable.

I loved Inca Gold.  They all rock.  Deep Six,  Vixen 03, The Mediterranian Caper, etc.  

I've read them each about 3-4 times.   Been a few years so it is almost time to read them again.

Btw,  can we find someone like Loren to elect to our Senate or Congress?  

Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of authors fall into a trap.  They come up with a 'formula' that works, but after years of writting to that formula, they get bored and the works begins to suffer.  Arthur Conan Doyle, who wrote Sherlock Holmes, and Ian Fleming, creator of James Bond, came to HATE their own creations.
I believe that Tom Clancy's last few works have slipped also.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Inca Gold, Shock Wave, Serpent, Flood Tide, Atlantis Found, The Sea Hunters, Blue Gold, although I don't like the Kurt Austin ones as good as the Dirk Pitt ones.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I believe that Tom Clancy's last few works have slipped also.
View Quote

Yeah, but they always make great door stops and speedbumps... [}:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:40:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Inca Gold was awesome but I think my overall favorite is Treasure.  The story line with the Romans and the "Barbarians" was very cool.

I don't like the new character- Austin.  Clive needs to go back to his roots and stick with Dirk (even though he's something like 99 years old).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top