Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2004 10:10:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Enough of this--7.) Posting topics or discussions with the desire to do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to fun
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Enough of this--7.) Posting topics or discussions with the desire to do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to fun
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
After review, unlocked.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]
bumped, and I'll check back...gotta work now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Beekeeper. There is some good info here, stuff I wondered about but really didn't know where to look. Talk to ya'll later.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By SYSTEM MESSAGE:
After review, unlocked.

<SIGH>

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Good post, S_A.  I love reading about this stuff (Its why I kept my "Scriptures of the World's Religions" textbook, instead of selling it back
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By SYSTEM MESSAGE:
After review, unlocked.

That's just like The Man. Lock first, review later!!!

motown_X
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Source?
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I'd like a source too.

I have often wondered about what exactly Mohammad's relationship to Judism was, since Islamic law is so close to Mosaic Law in many respects.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I have often wondered about what exactly Mohammad's relationship to Judism was, since Islamic law is so close to Mosaic Law in many respects.

I was involved in something interesting once.

I had to attend a Diversity class off-site for my company because we were going to be involved with some muslims.  We were given a 4 hour course on Islam.  No joke.

One of the first exercises was a handout with 20 scriptures on it.  You were supposed to mark them as whether you thought they were from the Koran or the Bible.

Now, I read the Bible daily, and immediately recognized that all of them were not from the Bible.  I even told my buddy that they were all non-Biblical.  He had them marked about 50-50.

Well, the instructor asked if we were all finished and then went through them one by one and sure enough, they were all from the Koran.

It was not only that I realized that they were non-Biblical because I didn't recognize them, but they were un-Biblical in their content.

Once, as a policeman, I attended a course by the Secret Service about conterfeit money.  They said that their agents spent hours and hours studying real money.  They hardly even looked at fake money.

But once you were familiar enough with the real thing, it was easy to spot fake money.

Likewise, with the Word.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Tagged.

Edited to add:  "My Active Topics" ain't working....yet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
 Tagged.

Edited to add:  "My Active Topics" ain't working....yet.

mentally tagged

Good read
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#16]
glad it was unlocked, but REALLY curious why it was locked in the first place.
Plenty of real information about the foundations of Islam out there folks (admins), better read some (other than what the apologists / dissemblers have to say about it).

I'm wondering about the reasoning capabilities of some people here - presented with a wealth of real factual information, they either fail to acknowledge it, or call the messenger a 'hater'. Or reflexively LOCK a thread about Islam.

As long as the information presented is sourced, factual, historically accurate, and kept in some sort of context, how can it be denied or labelled anything?

Learn about Islam. Whether Islam is directly responsible, or as some claim, been perverted, is open to debate. But the factual litany of global terrorism and mass murders committed in the name of Allah is NOT. They ARE happening, and whether Islam is hijacked or not, those attacks and those perpetrating them MUST be dealt with effectively and decisively, with no time or effort wasted on the niceties of 'Political Correctness'.

Read from the follwing links, you'll have some idea of the global reach of the problem -
Jihad Watch
MEMRI - MiddleEast Media Research Institute

The Thais just handled things correctly - some pics
Plenty of news stories about the problems in their territories bordering with Malaysia.
a few days ago in the same province, the same band of jihadis was rasing hell - Two killed, 15 schools on fire in Thai Muslim south

Churches burned in Kosovo last month.
Jordanian UN security troops open fire on and kill US-UN troops in Kosovo last week,
100,000 killed in the Sudan by muslims in the last year.
Muslim violence all over northern India, against Hindus, weekly.
The bombings against Western tourists in Bali
Bombing of British Bank in Turkey, killing mainly dozens of muslims
Bombings in Casablanca, Morrocco, killing mainly dozens of muslims.
Bombings of Shia holy day celebrations in Iraq, killing muslimsmuslims.
Multiple bombings of Shiites in Karbala and Najaf
Bombing of Marriott Hotel in Jakarta, killing mainly muslims and buddhists.

Just look at a few global sources, you'll see that murders, mass-killings are occuring EVERYWHERE that Islam is a majority religion, or even a significant minority.

Again I say, if there are "moderate" Muslims, you need to stop providing funding, shelter and cover to the "radicals" in your midst.

We're 30yrs into a global jihad, and we have folks HERE at ARFCOM calling other board members 'haters' for daring to point it out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#17]
and lastly - speaking of apologists and dissemblers for Islam - look at Campus Watch to read about the Saudi-Wahhabi-funded "Muslim Student Associations" being planted in major US universities, distorting Islamic Arab history, seeking to suppress any criticism of Islam.

Or read about the very real ties to Terrorism / Terrorist Orgnizations by CAIR - Frontpage article
CAIR's reps routinely show up on sympathetic media networks to shuck and jive / dissemble about Terrorism.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Very interesting read.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Once, as a policeman, I attended a course by the Secret Service about conterfeit money.  They said that their agents spent hours and hours studying real money.  They hardly even looked at fake money.

Great analogy, OP!
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#20]
You are correct Rayra, BTT
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Source?

A jewish rabbi.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Source?

A jewish rabbi.

Even better. a Rabbi who posted a bibliography for his site.

Cool.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Heh,
I'm glad this got unlocked...read it at work and wondered why it got locked...inciting and insiteful.

Link Posted: 4/29/2004 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was involved in something interesting once.

I had to attend a Diversity class off-site for my company because we were going to be involved with some muslims.  We were given a 4 hour course on Islam.  No joke.

One of the first exercises was a handout with 20 scriptures on it.  You were supposed to mark them as whether you thought they were from the Koran or the Bible.

Now, I read the Bible daily, and immediately recognized that all of them were not from the Bible.  I even told my buddy that they were all non-Biblical.  He had them marked about 50-50.

Well, the instructor asked if we were all finished and then went through them one by one and sure enough, they were all from the Koran.

It was not only that I realized that they were non-Biblical because I didn't recognize them, but they were un-Biblical in their content.

But once you were familiar enough with the real thing, it was easy to spot fake money.

Likewise, with the Word.

Awesome story OP.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 6:57:18 AM EDT
[#26]
You mean this religon is based on expansion by the sword and treachery?   say it ain't so!

Link Posted: 5/1/2004 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#27]
bleh.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#28]
feh.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 7:01:01 AM EDT
[#29]
delete button would be nice.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Very interesting read.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's some more 'Islam in their own words' info -

Call For Incorporating Sharia Into International Law

CAIRO, April 30 (IslamOnline.net) – World Muslim scholars meeting in Cairo urged incorporation of Sharia into the International Law to avoid eruption of more crises or other forms of injustice.

"Some western researchers have found out that Islamic principles could be used to develop the International Law and incorporate its moral values into it," said Jaafar Abdel-Salam, the secretary general of the Islamic Universities Association.

He was speaking at the International Islamic Conference, held in Cairo from April 28 till May 1 under the title of "Tolerance in Islamic Civilization".

Addressing the sixteenth session of the Conference, Abdel-Salam, himself a professor of International Law, said the application of Sharia along with the International Law would help set up a world system "turning countries closer to each other".

"Islam, with its practices, is the best of international systems that could achieve peace," said Mohamed Dissouki, an International Law professor at Al-Azhar University, in the conference.

They mean to rule the World, and are using our own petrodollars to do it to us.

And lastly - the US gives Egypt $2 BILLION / yr in Aid, and in return we get constant anti-American incitement in their state-run media.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#33]
and here's a site with 111 Jihad-related verses in the Koran - The Koran’s 111 Jihad Verses
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#34]
And 9 days later, we have the Neil Berg atrocity, the butchers chanted 'Allah Ackbar!' while sawing at his neck.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:17:08 AM EDT
[#35]
good posts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top