BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 502
Posted: 11/18/2020 10:40:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: captainpooby]
Congrats to all the hodlrs!!!

Gold closed the day, week, month, quarter at an all time of $2251 on 3/29/24 and closed the 1st week of April at a new ATH of $2330. Now at a new high of $2375

With BTC up near ATHs as well it appears that people are waking up to what a mess our betters have put us in. Good luck to all the smart people who saw the damage being done to our fiat system of currency and chose an alternative. Let's all hope that this good fortune doesn't come at too great a cost.

$72k 3/11/24

$70,199 3/8/24

$69,324 3/5/24

68.49 Nov 9

66.99 Oct 20

64.8 Apr 14

63.2k Apr 13

61.7k Mar 13

58.3k Jan 21

57.4k Jan 20z

56.3k Feb 19

52.6k Feb 18

51.7k Feb 17

50k  Feb 16

49.7k Feb 14

48.9k Feb 11

47.4k Feb 8

44.9k Feb 8

43.8k Feb 8

41.6k Jan 8

40.4k Jan 7

36.8 jan 6

32.8k Jan 2

31.2k Jan 2nd 2021

Update: Blackrock, the worlds largest asset manager that manages $7 + TRILLION says they are “dabbling” in bitcoin. I don’t know how big a dabble is but a dabble of 7 trillion has got to be a lot.

Update: Elon Musk just tweeted that Tesla will buy $1.5B of bitcoin and begin accepting bitcoin as payment for Tesla cars. Bitcoin soars.

Update: BTC is up 6k in the last week of 2020 first days of 2021.

Update: Bitcoin reaches new ATH over 24k Dec 19 2020. Up 5k in the last week and 8k in the last month.

From 11,400 to 17,900 in the last month. ATH few years ago was about 20k.

I wonder whatever happened to the board member here who cashed out 21,000 bitcoins when it hit a thousand bucks. It’d be worth nearly 400 million now. Yoiks!

link to live crypto prices
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Crime must be up.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:43:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: captainpooby] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Crime must be up.  
View Quote

GBTC  is over 20 today.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been watching GBTC climb again in my portfolio and I have been wondering why I haven't heard much about it in the news.

Gold has been dropping during the same timeframe so it isn't a flight to quality type scenario, or maybe it is I don't know.

Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]
my plan is the same: I bought 3.5 BTC when it was about 400'ish.  

I'm not doing anything with them till I retire. They'll either be worthless, or they'll be worth 50K apiece or something.

I think there is better crypto now, but since there's not enough bitcoin in the world for everyone to have one,  I think it's always going to be somewhat "Collectible" and prices will continue to rise over time.

I will retire in 15-20 years probably.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:41:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Third_Rail] [#5]
I should check my balance.

ETA: I'm buying another MG.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

I'm not doing anything with them till I retire. They'll either be worthless, or they'll be worth 50K apiece or something.

I think there is better crypto now, but since there's not enough bitcoin in the world for everyone to have one,  I think it's always going to be somewhat "Collectible" and prices will continue to rise over time.

View Quote

60k birds in the hand are worth more than zero in the bush...
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

HODL 4 Life
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By hvla:

View Quote

Not if those birds are dead and nobody wants them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By noFoTeeneR:

Not if those birds are dead and nobody wants them.
View Quote

What? People dont want $s? News to me. Cash that shit out and buy real estate.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#10]
How much has Tether printed this month?
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

I’m holding until 2025.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

He wouldn't have gotten to $60k in the first place if he had that attitude.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#13]
XRP is where it’s at.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]
teach us how to make money with bitcoin.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
View Quote

Buy it and wait 5 years.  This is the way.

Also, a time machine would help.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Who was the guy who bought in early when it was still dirt cheap? Kstanton?

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:04:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aIIan] [#17]
View Quote

Learn how to say/type/yell/scream HODL and repeat ad nauseam.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By woodsie:

View Quote
and then sell?
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

^^^
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Some investors pumping in to make the illusion its going to the moon, then when the bubble hits. Boom!
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Buy low, sell high, don't obsess in the meantime, or you'll end up selling a crash and being financially ruined.

I would not buy bitcoin right now personally.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#23]
and then sell?
View All Quotes

and then sell?

Meh...no.  HODL.

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By captainpooby:
I wonder whatever happened to the board member here who cashed out 21,000 bitcoins when it hit a thousand bucks. It’d be worth nearly 400 million now. Yoiks!
View Quote

Dont worry about him, I wonder about the guy who threw his HDD out with a bunch of mined bitcoins.  When I read about him, he spent his days digging around the landfill looking for that old hard drive with his private key on it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:10:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fives] [#25]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Buy low, sell high, don't obsess in the meantime, or you'll end up selling a crash and being financially ruined.

View All Quotes

I wouldn't buy any at all right now. I dabbled in the frenzy when it went from 800 to 20k in just 6 months. Then I witnessed the big pop and bam, people started jumping ship.
I told my self I would by when it gets back down to 2-3k.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#26]
HODL!
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:14:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Knife_Sniper] [#27]
and then sell?
View Quote

No, why would you replace it with monopoly money which has lost more than 90% of it's value?

Lend yourself money with the btc as a collateral and spend the useless USD and keep the BTC wrapped in smart contracts and keep it forever.

Service the 2% loan with inflating USD and wait another few more years and boom take out another loan after BTC further appreciates. No taxable events occured.

People just don't realize what we are sitting on.

I took out a $600 dollar loan and paid for a gun I wanted. I never sold my ETH. It's at net 1% interest and since then it has gone up in value substantially. I pay the loan back on my time, when I want, and I retrieve my rapidly appreciating ETH.

Without. A. Bank.

This shit is gonna go bonkers in both value and tech disruption.

Don't say we didn't warn you if you miss out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Crime must be up.  
View Quote

LOL, because the dollar has never been used in a crime. I get a chuckle when people say this though.  Thanks for the chuckle.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Said every guy watching it break through all time highs in 2017 on a daily basis.

Its entirely possible that Bitcoin corrects back to $10,000 before moving on and its entirely possible that it doesn't.  Bitcoins normal trading range is just that large.

The real truth is that it doesn't whether you enter at $10k or $18k.   The only reason to gamble on Bitcoin is for the next bubble if there is one.  If we have a 4th bubble, getting in at $10k vs $18k will be irrelevant.

But the ticket, take the ride, and understand that it could take years if it happens at all.

This is gambling son.  This is not a sensible investment.

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I sold out at 16K
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Institutional acceptance has already happened, and they are acquiring like crazy.

When guys like Ricardo are announcing this it's plain to see BTC is not just a scam, it's a real deal store of wealth.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-18/billionaire-salinas-has-10-of-liquid-portfolio-in-bitcoin

LINK
RLC
UNI
MATIC
OCEAN
EWT
UBT
DOT
RSR
REN
BTT

All of the above have legit business use cases and have serious corporate backing, Defi is especially interesting.  2021 is going to be a crazy year in crypto.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Pita_146:
I sold out at 16K
View Quote

But why?
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Institutional acceptance has already happened, and they are acquiring like crazy.

When guys like Ricardo are announcing this it's plain to see BTC is not just a scam, it's a real deal store of wealth.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-18/billionaire-salinas-has-10-of-liquid-portfolio-in-bitcoin

LINK
RLC
UNI
MATIC
OCEAN
EWT
UBT
DOT
RSR
REN
BTT

All of the above have legit business use cases and have serious corporate backing, Defi is especially interesting.  2021 is going to be a crazy year in crypto.
View Quote

Preach it brother!  LINK is going to be ridiculous.  Many do not want to face that the world is changing around them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Why is Bitcoin going on another run anyway?  It had been left for dead the past few years and nobody was even talking about it anymore.  Are people just buying it because they think the FED will make our money worthless or something?
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I still think we'll cross $40k in less than 4 years.  The way this last month has gone, it may take quite a bit less time than 4 years.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Kingsmen:
Why is Bitcoin going on another run anyway?  It had been left for dead the past few years and nobody was even talking about it anymore.  Are people just buying it because they think the FED will make our money worthless or something?
View Quote

money printer go brrr 1080p
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#37]
One of the richest men in Mexico put 10 percent of his billions in bitcoin.. the adoption is real. If you can own 1 bitcoin you should..
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Optimal:
One of the richest men in Mexico put 10 percent of his billions in bitcoin.. the adoption is real. If you can own 1 bitcoin you should..
View Quote

10% of his liquid assets.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
It's a bubble making machine.  True believers hold on, a few people adopt, prices start to climb, no one wants to sell because they're all looking for the new high, prices climb faster, people pay attention because it's going up, more money piles in, the bubble goes higher.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:29:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Default-Gateway] [#40]
View Quote

They have printed more dollars in the past 9 months than in the 100 yrs prior.  Go figure why BTC is up.
Institutional money is flooding in and there are only 3ish million BTC left to be mined.

For reference, if you invested that $1200 check you got from Uncle Sam a couple months ago in BTC, it would be worth over $3200 now.  Let that sink in.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Can’t tell if being serious about the FED comment.  The fed is actively working at making our money worthless.  They have to in order to be able to service the debt they hold and in order to keep our economy going.  People are piling in because many people currently believe that leaving your net worth in the hands of government that will inflate your money away at best or have a currency collapse at worst is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Because major retailers, financial institutions, banks, travel companies, and just about anyone with technical foresight now sees it as a legitimate way to store and transfer wealth.

Blockchain will change everyone's life. We are at the pre-Amazon/Google/Tesla IPO stage of Blockchain development, get in now if you can.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Bitcoin bubbles are an inevitable consequence of the design of the protocol.   Bitcoin bubbles don't need a reason, they only need enough time and an excuse.

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

Because major retailers, financial institutions, banks, travel companies, and just about anyone with technical foresight now sees it as a legitimate way to store and transfer wealth.

Blockchain will change everyone's life. We are at the pre-Amazon/Google/Tesla IPO stage of Blockchain development, get in now if you can.
View Quote

the internet of money

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Knife_Sniper:

No, why would you replace it with monopoly money which has lost more than 90% of it's value?

Lend yourself money with the btc as a collateral and spend the useless USD and keep the BTC wrapped in smart contracts and keep it forever.

Service the 2% loan with inflating USD and wait another few more years and boom take out another loan after BTC further appreciates. No taxable events occured.

I took out a $600 dollar loan and paid for a gun I wanted. I never sold my ETH. It's at net 1% interest and since then it has gone up in value substantially. I pay the loan back on my time, when I want, and I retrieve my rapidly appreciating ETH.

Without. A. Bank.

View Quote

Wait. What? How do you do this?
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Wait. What? How do you do this?
View Quote

https://atomic.loans/
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Without. A. Bank.

View All Quotes
and then sell?

Without. A. Bank.

FFS, Finally someone who gets it.  Some people can't handle being their own bank.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Started buying it at around $70, bought more all the way up to $130. Haven't sold any yet, but used to offer my youngest $7 in cash to mow the lawn or $10 in btc. He always took the btc. He might be the highest paid lawn mower in history.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#49]
There was supposed to be a Moon and I was promised many Lambos.

Still HODLing....
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:50:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By mmm_horsemeat:
Started buying it at around $70, bought more all the way up to $130. Haven't sold any yet, but used to offer my youngest $7 in cash to mow the lawn or $10 in btc. He always took the btc. He might be the highest paid lawn mower in history.
View Quote
He'll have quite the story to tell his kids.

Friend of mine bought 20 bitcoin for $100 when he got drunk one night. He still has all those plus some more.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 502
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top