Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2001 12:15:29 PM EDT
I see pics on the internet or in magazines of really cool guns but I never see them in the local gun shops or gun shows. There was a Bill Goodman gun show yesterday and today but I didn't go to it. I usually go every month but I never find anything good. I like exotic looking rifles and pistols but all I ever see are AR's, SKS's, Mac 90's, shotguns and bolt action rifles. I never see anything like a streetsweeper, striker 12, uzi's, HK 53, a decent Ak 47 or anything good for that matter. Usually the junk they have is way over priced. Anyone else ever notice this or are there better gun shows where you live???
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Nighthawk: know what you mean. I didn't go to that show, either. Tired of seeing the same vendors / dealers, with the same WAY overpriced shit. Also, ever notice that none of the local (mid-TN) shows have any good ammo dealers? They're fine if you want surplus Madigascar-mfd. Swahili Liberation Army .303, but good luck getting more than 2 boxes of Federal Hydra-Shok .45.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nighthawk: know what you mean. I didn't go to that show, either. Tired of seeing the same vendors / dealers, with the same WAY overpriced shit. Also, ever notice that none of the local (mid-TN) shows have any good ammo dealers? They're fine if you want surplus Madigascar-mfd. Swahili Liberation Army .303, but good luck getting more than 2 boxes of Federal Hydra-Shok .45.
View Quote

I'll have to agree too. I live in TN, and Goodman's is not my sort of show(still wanted to go for fun, I enjoy the exercise, and laughing at $900 postban kit guns, if nothing else), but most of the shops are "sporting purpose only" on long guns, and some on handguns too. All just pretty lame around here in mid TN since Gun Mart got busted for buying stolen firearms, or some such thing.

I recommend, for all TN gun show goers, Bob Pope's show at the I-24 Expo center right near Smyrna. some junk, some exotic, some rare, some trash, as with even the best shows. It's the only place I ever see any new guns that show up in the gun rags. Ammo? Might still want to deal with Ammoman on ammo, their selection is limited, but they do pretty darned well on guns there. Always lots of private sales walking around too.

Next show in Nashville is June 23-24. They're at [url]www.guns4you.org[/url].

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Juggernaut, I did go to the last Bob Pope show and it is a little better than Bill's. I bought a flare launcher and an 120rd drum for my AR while I was there. Now they did have a killer 50 cal there about 5 tables down from the entrance door that was pretty cool. They also had a couple HK of some kind but I'm not sure what modle they were. One was a 45 cal and the other may have been 223 but I'm not sure about that one. They were a light grey plastic gun and I wasn't sure on the quality of the gun since I never saw one like that before. Did you happen to see the guns I'm talking about?
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Havoc and Juggernaut, what part of TN are you from? If you don't mind me asking. I live in Manchester, about 30 min from Murfreesboro.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Nighthawk: Those were HK's new rifles (duh): the .45 is the USC .45, patterned after the UMP .45 subgun, and the .223 is the SL-8, patterned after the G-36. Those were at Specialty Arms' table (they're in Lavegne). The fifty you were talking about... Did it have a thermal imager? If so, you can get more info from Aurora Tactical (www.auroratactical.com).
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey Juggernaut, I did go to the last Bob Pope show and it is a little better than Bill's. I bought a flare launcher and an 120rd drum for my AR while I was there. Now they did have a killer 50 cal there about 5 tables down from the entrance door that was pretty cool. They also had a couple HK of some kind but I'm not sure what modle they were. One was a 45 cal and the other may have been 223 but I'm not sure about that one. They were a light grey plastic gun and I wasn't sure on the quality of the gun since I never saw one like that before. Did you happen to see the guns I'm talking about?
View Quote

Yep-the new .45 is the politically correct USC, and the .223 is the politically correct SL-8. Neither over 10 rounds. Neither are, in my mind, really worth the cash, but HK can't sell us HK94's or MP5's here, so this is what we get. I'd skip 'em, unless you're rich and want toys.

The 50 you mentioned MAY have been the new Armalite AR-50 I saw. Big scary thing...

I actually was pretty happy with the show, I saw some well priced HK tacticals, a .40 USP I would have bought w/ hicaps, if I wasn't broke, $300 HS2000(Croation Glock-type), Steyr Scout rifle, $2000 preban UZI Fullsize semi,  and some others. I also sold my Mini-14 for $450. Whoo-hoo! It all depends on what you want-for example, if I want AR parts, I visit J&T's parts booth, but AK parts are nowhere to be found-neither are cheap AK's. They also cater a lot to collectors and antiques types, rather than decent utlity guns on some tables. These I avoid. There's a lot I wish they had, but I'd be even worse off if they weren't there at all..

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey Havoc and Juggernaut, what part of TN are you from? If you don't mind me asking. I live in Manchester, about 30 min from Murfreesboro.
View Quote

Hendersonville, Mid-Tenn. About an hour-45 minutes from Nashville.

Wish there was more around here that was geared towards the shooting market, but there isn't...

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I usually don't go to the Goodman shows because it's the same ol' rehashed crap, just traded hands. I was bored with nothing to do, so like a sucker I plunked down my $6 to get in. I wished I hadn't wasted the trip from Murfreesboro.

Will be going to the Pope show late next month.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
That may be true and I think you deserve better
for no outher reason than you gave al gore the
shaft.
I think the NRA owes you people a major mega
gunshow with all the trimmings.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Juggernaut: Oops, forgot about the A'lite .50. Nice piece, but it won't win any beauty contests.

Nighthawk: I live in Nashville, near Brentwood. I've only lived here for a little over a year, and I'm always looking for new places and faces to share range time with. If you guys are ever up for it, let me know.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Hangfire,
 Never looked at it that way. NRA owes us bigtime!
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That may be true and I think you deserve better
for no outher reason than you gave al gore the
shaft.
I think the NRA owes you people a major mega
gunshow with all the trimmings.
View Quote

Right on!

Seriously, most of TN hates Al Bore. Only in his "Hometown" does he have serious support.

We gave our electoral votes gladly.

Now, when is the NRA gonna setup that gunshow for us? We're languishing!

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I live in New York and we have the crappiest gun shows on earth nothing cool looking ever!  The coolest things I saw at gun store was a Dae Woo and a Calico!
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Try an Idaho gun show,We can own anything the feds haven't banned, and chances are you can find anything the feds haven't banned.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Lets see you go to a gun show where some dealer travels on his Owen dime, pays forty five or fifty bucks for a table. You come along look over his inventory handle his guns or get ideas for accessories for your AR, but you buy nothing, because you can save ten or fifteen dollars on the internet. Then you spend that ten or fifteen dollars to have it shipped to you. Or you want a gun but you see it’s wholesale price in the Shotgun News and think that should be your price. Or AR 15.com comes up with a special price on an AR and you think all of those Bushmasters and Olys should cost the same and the dealers are screwing you. But the big problems are you go they’re with no intention of buying anything at all, or you like a gun you see and won’t make an offer on it. The answnser your too cheap and the dealers stay away from your town. The result some gun shows are boring. Don’t mind me just venting!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top