Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2001 7:06:54 AM EDT
BUSINESS.
I was running our Golden in the fenced retaining
pond behind the StarvinMarvin. Poor fella tried
to defecate and could'nt. He would squat, strain, then move up a foot and try again. After
20 or so tries I loaded him up in the truck and
we went to the Eckerd Drugstore to get some
rubber gloves, petrolium jelly, and an saline enema. We returned to the StarvinMarvin and had Kimba lay on the grass. I put on some rubber
gloves, lubercated the enema bottle with pjelly
and gave him  2oz.. He was a little nervous and
I was reassuring and petting him when this jeep
screeched to a stop horn blaring. A guy and girl leap out of the jeep and run up to the fence screaming "Hey you  What are you doing to that dog!" Kimba freaked out with all the noise and jumped to his feet and ran. I stood up and turned to the screaming interlopers. "What are
you doing to that dog? We love animals and I
demand to know what you are doing"! "YAYABLAHBLAH!! I am giving the dog an
enema I retorted. "An enema" the guy screamed.
"Your giving that dog an enema; are you a Vet?" the girl screamed. The guy started calling Kimba "Here boy, Here boy". As I  moved to the gate where they were standing I gave Kimba a sitstay. I told them no I am not a Vet and that
it was'nt any of there damm business what I was
doing and if they did'nt get the hell out of here I was going to stick an enema up her ass.
I then held up the enema bottle an squeezed it
causing what was left to shoot out of the bottle. They freaked and jumped back into their
jeep screaming "We are going to call the Police, thats animal abuse"!!! I screamed that
the number was 911 and I will be right here
waiting on them.
I spent the next half hour trying to find evidence that the enema had worked.
The Police never came.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:11:39 AM EDT
[#1]
and if they did'nt get the hell out of here I was going to stick an enema up her ass
View Quote

LOL. Good one!
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/turdpile.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I really f*ck with the PETA types.  ,m a hunter, which we all know that they hate hunters.  But the thing is that my dad is a veterinarian.  I've spent all of my life helping my dad at his clinic working with sick animals.  That really screws with their minds.  Of course, they freak when they watch somebody like me deal with a horse that is somewhat difficult.  Try it the nice way, then try it the way it works.  I haven't killed a single animal I've worked on yet dealing with them the way I was taught.  And it's alot faster and safer than going "easy horsey, i just want to take 20 minutes to talk to you and stick this needle in your ass."  Usually the horse figures it out and kicks the shit outta the person.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
This sounds like a scene out of National Lampoon movie. If you are an animal lover you should be able to appreciate their concern with what looked,"really weird". Try a laxative next time as you will be less suspect.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:28:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Give them an enema, perhaps thats the best thing you could do for them. They sound like they are so impacted that when they open their mouths they orally deficate.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I really f*ck with the PETA types.  ,m a hunter, which we all know that they hate hunters.  But the thing is that my dad is a veterinarian.  I've spent all of my life helping my dad at his clinic working with sick animals.  That really screws with their minds.  Of course, they freak when they watch somebody like me deal with a horse that is somewhat difficult.  Try it the nice way, then try it the way it works.  I haven't killed a single animal I've worked on yet dealing with them the way I was taught.  And it's alot faster and safer than going "easy horsey, i just want to take 20 minutes to talk to you and stick this needle in your ass."  Usually the horse figures it out and kicks the shit outta the person.
View Quote

My Uncle had a Morgan that would swell up every
time he tried to saddle her. Her belly ballooned
out so much the cinch strap would just touch
the cinch ring. Everytime he saddled up he had to give her a hard knee in the belly.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm mixed on this subject.  On the one hand, I understand their concern, as I would be, but on the other, I think they could have approached this with a legitimate question in a non-aggressive, polite demeanor.  Ex:  "Hello, is everything OK?"  "Is there a problem?"  I don't think it's necessary to start yelling at someone in some sort of holier-than-thou attitude.  I would have reacted the same way as HANGFIRE and told them to mind their own business.  I do understand the other side, however.  Here in Arizona, I have a real problem with a$$holes leaving their pets in cars during the summer with absolutely no ventilation.  Even with the windows down, the heat inside the car/truck can "cook" an animals brain in a relatively short time.  To me, it IS my business when I see ignorant, dumba$$ pet owners neglecting their pets, as in the example above.  Similar to a child, that animal is totally dependent upon you, the pet owner.  He doesn't have a choice or a say.  Ignorance/stupidity at times nullifies minding one's own business, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By garden weasel:
View Quote
????
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
????
View Quote

I think it's supposed to represent a pile of sh*t. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Im down for protecting animal rights and not abusing animals and all but some people definately go over the edge with it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Some people are so blinded by self-righteousness they would try to correct God to his own face.

Those people make me sick.

radioman
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#13]
If these are the type of people HANGFIRE has to put up with every single day then I can kinda understand why he always seems to be pissed off.

I'd be really pissed off as well in that situation, especially after they tried to call over MY dog to try and save it from me.   I've got two dogs that are very friendly and when strangers are around it's hard as hell to get them to obey or to stay still because they get all over excited and their little pea brains can't handle commands any more.

As for the annoying people in the Jeep, I'd have written their license plate in the dirt so that I could come back later to write it down on a piece of paper so if the cops did show up I could prove to them that they caused me enough concern that I took steps to identify them in the case that they tried to remain annonomous and just call the police as an interested party.   Since you were wearing rubber gloves I'd have gone over and picked up a nice steaming piece of dog filth if I could have found it and I would have likely thrown it at their Jeep, if that wasn't evidence enough of why you were giving the dog an enema then perhaps the only other way to make them understand would be to wipe it in their noses.

The way people approach you has a lot to do with the way they will be treated, in this case I would have been pretty angered.   If they had been a bit nicer about it and allowed a rational response to a fairly honest question or concern then I'd be able to approach it a little easier.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
????
View Quote

I think it's supposed to represent a pile of sh*t. [rolleyes]
View Quote

Is this one of those "a picture is worth a 1000
words" things?
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By
View Quote
????

Is this one of those "a picture is worth a 1000
words" things?
View Quote

Hardly, but since you asked for it,
here was the plan:

HANGFIRE:???? [i]translation:[/i]WHAT THE HELL
IS THIS?

garden weasel: If you don't recognize it then
I take it the enema did not work.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top