Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2001 8:15:20 PM EDT
My brother is thinking about getting one. I would also like to have one and just wanted to know the quality of fit, finish, and reliability.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 2:11:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 6:10:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I have seen quite a few of these things. They look good and work great. Yeah, they are not GI, but the GI's are getting very pricey and harder to find. Like Troy said, they are getting old too, which could cause you problems if you like to shoot a lot. If you are more of a collector, then these are probably not for you. If you like WWII weapons and like to shoot, IAI carbines should satisfy you just fine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 6:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Troy:

Does IAI ship the M888 with 10-round magazines for those of us behind enemy lines?
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Got one last week...walnut stock and upper handguard.  Imagine being a GI and issued a brand new War Baby and that's what it looks like... BEAUTIFUL.  Took it to the range and it fucnctioned 100%!!! The IAI is the most accurate carbine i've ever owned (6).

Yes it does come with a Klinton magazine, but there zillions of cheap (right now) 15 & 30 rounders.

Buss
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an original Underwood M1 30 cal and I love it. It has a bayonet lug, synthetic pistol grip retractible stock, and steel ventilated heat shield. It functions flawlessly and its fun to shoot. But beware of some of the 30 rd mags. Some of them will not function very good. I recomend the 15 rd or 10 rd mags. They are straight and I've never had any trouble out of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top