Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 320
Posted: 9/7/2020 8:56:39 PM EDT
Link to live stream

There's a guy trying right now and he won't make it. Probably thought him being a big boy meant it would have been easy to do.

Direct link to camera without going to Big Texan website:https://v.angelcam.com/iframe?v=9klzdgn2y4&autoplay=1
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
That place is a tourist trap. Much better places to eat in Amarillo.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
i've heard the hardest part about getting through that steak is that it's a shitty steak.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Monty pythons, Mr creosote, Full version,
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
He looks like hes in pain
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#5]
He's not gonna do it. Already struggling.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The video quality is so good. If he pukes, we'll see the individual chunks in it!
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#8]
His failure will be public.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#9]
WTF am I doing here watching some fat ass eat a steak? Time to turn off the internet for the evening.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WTF am I doing here watching some fat ass eat a steak? Time to turn off the internet for the evening.
View Quote

you know you're going to watch to the end.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#12]
the look of regret.. that'll be $72 + tax sir
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Is he the sub 3 minutes left?

He has barely eaten anything if so
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Hes done. Not a very good attempt.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
That's him. He was struggling when he was working on the sides. That steak has barely been touched.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot of eating.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Tubbs isn't going to make it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Ya gotta eat the gristle
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
For a shitty steak too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#20]
He stood up.  It's over.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He’s done. Not a very good attempt.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#22]
as a former restaurant industry guy, it's driving me crazy how long some of those plates have been sitting dying in the expo window.

RUN THAT FOOD
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#23]
And, he's by himself.  This is the kind of thing you do with a few buddies rooting you along, slamming beers.

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Grill guy picked the salt shaker up off the floor using the tongs he’s flipping the steaks with.

Don’t watch what’s going on in the kitchen. Ignorance is bliss.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I tried that challenge at a similar steakhouse in Alabama back in ‘90. I was able to give the potato and bread away before they had someone to watch you eat. I got all but 8oz of the “steak” down. I threw up several times on the way home that night.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Grill guy picked the salt shaker up off the floor using the tongs he’s flipping the steaks with.

Don’t watch what’s going on in the kitchen. Ignorance is bliss.
View Quote

you saw that too huh. lol.

what a terrible place.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't think I could finish that meal if I stayed from open to close, but I could have done much better than that

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

you guys tax food down there?

thats gayer than vehicle inspection stickers.

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Staff took the plates to the dishwasher, LOL
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

you guys tax food down there?

thats gayer than vehicle inspection stickers.

View Quote

so is your state tax, and food for on site consumption is taxed in ohio, isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

so is your state tax, and food for on site consumption is taxed in ohio, isn't it?
View Quote

nah we don't tax food.

there's a "carbonation tax" for soft drinks but no tax at all for food

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Those are some of the worst cooks I've ever seen. Absolute fucking trash motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

nah we don't tax food.

there's a "carbonation tax" for soft drinks but no tax at all for food

View Quote

you sure?

https://tax.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/tax/help-center/resources/tax-education/everyday-purchases

"You'll notice this when you purchase food from a drive-thru. After purchasing your meal, look at your receipt.  Food items will not be taxed.  However, if you go into the restaurant and eat your meal, your food items will be taxed. Also, it does not matter if you purchase soft drinks at a drive-thru or with your meal in the restaurant. Soft drinks are not considered “food” and are therefore taxable."
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Those are some of the worst cooks I've ever seen. Absolute fucking trash motherfuckers.
View Quote
Wait staff is worthless too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

you sure?

https://tax.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/tax/help-center/resources/tax-education/everyday-purchases

"You'll notice this when you purchase food from a drive-thru. After purchasing your meal, look at your receipt.  Food items will not be taxed.  However, if you go into the restaurant and eat your meal, your food items will be taxed. Also, it does not matter if you purchase soft drinks at a drive-thru or with your meal in the restaurant. Soft drinks are not considered "food" and are therefore taxable."
View Quote

hmmm. Maybe you're right and I've never noticed.

But I swear if I buy only food through a drive thru the listed price is what it is. As long as I don't buy a drink. Always been that way. At any drive thru place.

I swear I've never paid a "drive thru" tax on any food. Ever. Nor at a grocery store. Huh. Weird.

Eta: oh ok it's "dine in" only. maybe it's because I never dine in? Maybe that's it. Weird

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

hmmm. Maybe you're right and I've never noticed.

But I swear if I buy only food through a drive thru the listed price is what it is. As long as I don't buy a drink. Always been that way. At any drive thru place.

I swear I've never paid a "drive thru" tax on any food. Ever. Nor at a grocery store. Huh. Weird.

Eta: oh ok it's "dine in" only. maybe it's because I never dine in? Maybe that's it. Weird

View Quote

yeah, that's what it says. all prepared food sold from a restaurant drive thru or dine in here is taxed iirc, but food sold at the grocery store or for off-site cooking isn't taxed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#37]
God dam just saw meat go from the grill back to the raw cutting table where it was cut into pieces and placed on a plate for serving. Waitress took it to some poor customer.

That camera will get them shut down by the health department.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#38]
There is a 120lb chick that could eat two of those in 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#39]
There was a 120lb chick that ate two of those back to back. Truly a spectacle

Edit- Damn, beat
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Mediocre food at best. Beer is okay though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
God dam just saw meat go from the grill back to the raw cutting table where it was cut into pieces and placed on a plate for serving. Waitress took it to some poor customer.

View Quote

hey no one here has yet to claim that place is any good.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I saw that too. I also thought using same tongs for raw and cooked meat was a no no.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#43]
WORLD FAMOUS 72OZ BIG TEXAN STEAK CHALLENGE
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Every steak I've seen them flip that wasnt just starting has looked stiff and dried out like its way overdone. I dont know if its actually overdone, or if they just get that way b/c those plates they're using to press the steaks onto the grill have pressed out all the steak's juices. I guess those things purpose is to make the grill marks more prominent, but it just seems like a great way to ruin a steak.

And I just watched one dude cut up a cooked steak that he plated and sent out to a customer on the same blood/fluid covered board that they're prepping the raw meat on. I'm not exactly paranoid about food... but thats a bit much. I wouldn't even do that at home.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#45]
I figured that 120 pound eating machine Molly Schuyler must have tried it so I looked back through their lists of successful attempts.  She at one on May 26, 2014 in 4 minutes, 58 seconds.  Then followed it by eating a second one in 9 minutes, 59 seconds.  Her comment was "Should've had a 3rd!"  Two complete meals in 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Could I get 72oz of NY Strip or something instead of whatever fucking cut of beef that is
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Lol my buddy, her bf now, crushed it in half the time but he is literally twice her size.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

What I saw was "steak abuse".  My Dad would be rolling over in his grave if he ever saw me treat a steak like that.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Some lady doing it now....looks to be doing a pretty good job on it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Some lady doing it now....looks to be doing a pretty good job on it.
View Quote
lol Looks like she's struggling and hasn't even made a dent to me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top