Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2001 1:35:43 AM EDT
Anyone ever handle or shoot the paraordinance LDA7?  It's supossed to be like a 1911 pistol but onlu with a sweet double action only trigger.  I think the magazine is a single stack that holds 7 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 1:42:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I've handled it in a store and it didn't look/feel that good to me.

The quality didn't look as good as the single action models.

Of course I've also noticed my s/s P10 Limited has exhibited some rust.  Never even shot the damm thing before!

My advice, compare the Para DA and the SA side by side and you will see the diference.

Link Posted: 5/19/2001 1:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
A friend of mine bought aP14 LDA and he loves it. Of course he also once got his finger stuck in the buttstock of an AK in a gunstore.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, gunmonkey. Could have been worse, at least it was only his finger![:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My advice, compare the Para DA and the SA side by side and you will see the diference.

View Quote

Compare both of them side by side with
any other 1911 in the same price range.
If you can, check out the underside of
the slide. While looking at a Para, if you have ever built a model car, you will instantly recall the excess plastic referred to as flash that had to be filed off the pieces. Para
doesn't bother removing excess metal.
If you start on one end with a new Q-Tip
and run it the lenght of the slide,
you most likely will have nothing but a
paper stick by the time you reach the opposite end.
Also check out the dreadful broach marks in Para barrels. Crud checks in but it doesn't check out.
If looks and lack of Q.C. do not bother you,
they are OK, because they (at least full size
with long cartridges) do function.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top