Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2001 10:53:14 AM EDT
Did any of you catch the "ER" episode, where a guy went on a mass murdering rampage with a 9mm pistol that had a 13 round capacity?  Well, it seems as though the liberal communist prickless producers felt that it was important enough to put in a number of pot shots at gun ownership and for "high capacity" mags that enabled the shooter to take out 3 more people, or atleast 3 more shots...

The only pro-gun comment was made by the male receptionist who said the obvious "guns don't kill people, people kill people" which was promptly shot down by the gimp/dyke Carrie and Greene, the man who was bitch beat and promptly bought a pistol for self protection.  

To top off the crap that this show spout out to the public, in the end when a member of the public shot the mass murderer, the ER attendants harrassed him for carrying a gun, which stopped the rampage.  The legal gun owner/hero was thus demonized, even though Greene's wife and child were in emminent danger of being the last on the murderers rampage.  

It struck me as very odd that the producers would take these very open shots at gun ownership, when it was clear that this man could have killed as many people with any number of weapons, considering he had a very specific goal of killing certain people.  Oh yeah, I guess the pro-homosexual tone of the episode topped off the worst episode of ER I had the misfortune of watching.  

What do you guys thing about last night's show?
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I like maura tierney.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did any of you catch the "ER" episode, where a guy went on a mass murdering rampage with a 9mm pistol that had a 13 round capacity?  Well, it seems as though the liberal communist prickless producers felt that it was important enough to put in a number of pot shots at gun ownership and for "high capacity" mags that enabled the shooter to take out 3 more people, or atleast 3 more shots...

The only pro-gun comment was made by the male receptionist who said the obvious "guns don't kill people, people kill people" which was promptly shot down by the gimp/dyke Carrie and Greene, the man who was bitch beat and promptly bought a pistol for self protection.  

To top off the crap that this show spout out to the public, in the end when a member of the public shot the mass murderer, the ER attendants harrassed him for carrying a gun, which stopped the rampage.  The legal gun owner/hero was thus demonized, even though Greene's wife and child were in emminent danger of being the last on the murderers rampage.  

It struck me as very odd that the producers would take these very open shots at gun ownership, when it was clear that this man could have killed as many people with any number of weapons, considering he had a very specific goal of killing certain people.  Oh yeah, I guess the pro-homosexual tone of the episode topped off the worst episode of ER I had the misfortune of watching.  

What do you guys thing about last night's show?
View Quote

ER is a stupid show to begin with so, why would the people who make the show be any smarter.

[shotgun]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#3]
AS soon as the ambulances rolled in, and they started saying "multiple GSW" I left the room, figuring I didn't need to artificially elevate my blood pressure with their BS.

Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm with ya except for the gay/disability bashing statements. I did note there wasn't any mention if the guy had a CCW or not and I suppose since it was Chicago they were inferring it was an illegal carry. Then again the producer/writers probably didn't want to address it as it might hurt the gun bash agenda.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry I missed it, but my wife and I were watching "Miss Congeniality"...  Now theres a very funny, very pro-gun movie.

Most every man's fantasy...  Sandra Bullock packing heat! [:P]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Considering how anti-gun most shows are these days, I thought that this ER episode was actually more balanced than most. They could have easily taken the easy way out. Think about it, it could of easily ended with a cop shooting the badguy and then giving a little speech bashing gun ownership. But no, it was an ordinary citizen with a concealed carry weapon that ended his killing spree. The cops and all of the victims were totally helpless during the entire rampage. The entire episode, police were running around like headless chickens while casualties kept coming in hand over fist. Both from gun shots and from getting run over.

Out of all the BS programs on TV today, like Boston Public, Titus etc, this ER season ender allows the audience make up their own mind. As the gunshot victims were coming in, it was also brought up by the gung ho male desk attendant that the killer also ran the cop over with his car. "Assult with a deadly weapon". While trying to get away, he hit a cop with his car and then dragged him down the street for about a 100 yards. Every bit as deadly as his pistol.

I think that the Killers gun was probably a .40 S&W, they never really mentioned the caliber but 12+1 is a common load for a .40. 9's are more like 15+1, or 17+1. The hero did stop the rampage using a 9mm, 5 shots to the torso.

I did applaud Dr. Mark Green's actions at the end, he let that M-F'er die on the gurney as he started to arrest.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd have to disagree on the balanced part. Even though the citizen shooting was an Advocates Dream they still berated the former cop/desk assistant and the guy who actually did the shooting. Then Dr. Green commits murder! So shooting a guy in self defense and defending others (with a gun) is bad yet for a doctor to coldly look into a patients eyes as he withholds treatment and covers his tracks is OK.....

WTF!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Also Dr. Covatch (sp?) (the Croat) killed a guy earlier this season by bashing his head in the he lied to the cops about it.  ER stars are above the law.  I doubt I will be watching ER anymore.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to be a HUGE ER fan in its early seasons - but I stopped watching when the show's writing quality dropped dramatically and every character had slept with every other character - now it's just another 'General Hospital'.  They oughta change the name from ER to BS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top