Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2001 8:32:01 AM EDT
Get the gobernment to give kali the Navy's mothball fleet. The coastal cities could hook up to the ships generators. Temporary fix, but would help.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#1]
i thought the were already doing that...mmmmmmmmm moth BALLS
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Im sure it is a fair amount, but how much power can a ships generator produce?
[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
i dont know about ships but i know the army has some that can power small to mid size towns and there not loanin those out
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#4]
The problem is not generating enough power. We could use diesel generators but another issue is the amount of pollution produced, and those old Navy boats have no pollution standards.  

I propose sending all non-critical PRK citizens to other states.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The problem is not generating enough power. We could use diesel generators but another issue is the amount of pollution produced, and those old Navy boats have no pollution standards.  

View Quote

Oh no you don't, you can shit can that idea bro. Here is my proposal. I propose going to the San Andreas fault and set expolsive charges. Bon voyage pilgrim!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Sink cali into ocean-No more electric problem.

someone suggested hooking our nuke subs to electric grid-there is a good use of a zillion dollar generator!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember there was an emergency y2k plan to power critical systems in certain coastal cities if the grid failed using the electricity generated from aircraft carriers.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

And what other states do you suggest? We have a bounty on PRK democrats in Wy. We have no pollution either.
Augie
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I think you guys are missing the point:

The issue isn't about lack of power as much as it is about price controls that the state of Kali put on power several years ago.

They held the retail price of power (almost) constant (i.e. the price consumer pay) while allowing the wholesale price (i.e. the price the producers pay) to continue to grow.  Therefore producers (the "evil" power companies) had no profit motive to build new plants.  This held retail prices down, reduced any incentive to design and build new power plants (no profit motive) and made power so cheap conservation and other alternative power sources are not profitable.

I went to LA this week:  Do you know how many solar systems (to heat hot water for example) that I saw?  None, not one.  Someone here going to tell me that you can't heat hot water with solar in S. Kali?  

Now that the Kali Board of Utilities had to increase power prices across the board, the capitalistic forces of supply and demand will increase the motives to not only save but to increase the motive to produce more power (i..e build more plants).  Hopefully the power situation in Kali will have one unintended consequence for all liberals:  It will kill the environmental wacko Nazi movement.

Just ask yourself one question:  Why are the liberals screaming about "deregulation" causing all these power shortages?  Simple, they know that they shortcircuited the demand/supply-based capitalistic system years ago and their chickens have now come home to roost.

Flame on.

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top