Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2001 8:04:14 PM EDT
Yeah, the show tonight was basically anti-gun. But there was a 45 second scene, which if you were going to the 'fridge for a beer you missed, where the docs are treating a guy for a graze GSW who shot the scumbag who was shooting kids. Guy who shot the scumbag said he didn't go to the park anymore without his gun after being mugged, and saw this guy shooting people and had to do something. Sounds good to me. The show didn't say whether he was licensed or not, and considering the locale is PR of Chicago, hero will probably get more jail time than the guy shooting kids for unlicensed carry. But for anyone who thought about that scenario, hey, cops can't catch the rampaging killer, but some citizen with a gun puts him down, what's with the "gun control"? Maybe if more citizens carried, ramapaging killers wouldn't get to the "rampage" stage.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
But Dr. Carter made a sarcastic comment to the guy. "Maybe we should arm everyone"  He said it while treating the guy like a mental case.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I thought the same thing. See my topic below. Now that I think of it, I will be buying a new gun tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#3]
That show now sucks.  It is about to enter my Boston Public file--do not watch under any circumstances.  Nice hypocracy of having Dr. Greene kill that guy.  Earlier this year Dr. Luka beat a man to death.  Violence sells for the Hollywood Pukes.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I think he might have been licensed due to his remark about "They taught us to shoot for center of mass."
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea, you can't shoot a guy in self defense and stop a murderous rampage as a citizen but doctors can be judge and jury and get away with murder.

I waas astounded they had Dr Carter make that statement given the circumstances.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree gunlvrphd...And i appluad(sp) you!!! I havnt watched boston public sense they bashed on the nra but do you remember when that same teacher pulled a gun in his classroom to prove a point. So was he for guns or against them!!!Just another example of hollywood talking out of what ever side of its mouth sells more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top