Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2001 7:33:01 PM EDT
Since the AK board is gone I have to ask here.  I know you are mainly AR guys/girls but you know more than anyone.  Here goes.

Are the kits from Kvar any good.  Look at the pieces in the link it says auto sear, am I missing something?

[url]http://www.k-varcorp.com/ak47partset.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.k-varcorp.com/ak47partslist.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard good things about them. If youre still wondering about them toward the end of the summer, I will be able to give you first hand info!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
k- var stuff is very good excellent quality good service too

I went out and put together one of their rifle kits on a milled bulgarian reciever last summer.
Reason being i hate thumbhole stocks and the lack luster quality control of the current pc import ak's bugs me to no end.
I guess the ar-15 has spoiled me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I went out and put together one of their rifle kits on a milled bulgarian reciever last summer.
Reason being i hate thumbhole stocks and the lack luster quality control of the current pc import ak's bugs me to no end.
View Quote

I know I should save this question for the "Build it yourself" forum, but how do you install an AK barrel? I hear you heat the receiver in an oven and freeze the barrel, greese it and slide them together right away. How did you do it?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I do like the black AK look.  Another evil black rifle.

What about the auto sear with the kit?  Is that legal?

To bug you guy more where is the best place to find a reciever?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I know I should save this question for the "Build it yourself" forum, but how do you install an AK barrel? I hear you heat the receiver in an oven and freeze the barrel, greese it and slide them together right away. How did you do it?
View Quote

Excelent question I want to know too!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 5:33:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I think kpel308 has gottcha there! BUMMER!!
BUMMER and BUMMER again!!!!!!!!!
Anyone have a link to Soupbowl Enterprises?

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Aside from the foreign parts. Is the auto sear legal?
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#10]
[url]http://www.concentric.net/~Ldrennan/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
  The K VAR parts are awesome. Bulgarian ak parts are the best you can find these days, and the ones from Arsenal Bulgaria are brand new, not surplus. I would suggest getting a milled reciever from Tennesee Guns, (also made by Arsenal Bulgaria).
  If you were on AK47.NET, you probably saw references to someone called "Informer" you can send your parts to him, and he will do a professional build up for you, everyone says he's the best.....It will cost you a little more than just buying an SAR 1, 2, or 3, but if you have ever looked at one of those, you know they look like they were built by a drunk 4 year old with a hammer, and a dremmel.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Did Informer ever get his Web Site up? Link?

Address? E-Mail?

TIA
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
they look like they were built by a drunk 4 year old with a hammer, and a dremmel.
View Quote

LOL!
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#14]
KVARs parts sets are awesome.  Their service is also very good.  This is a pic of milled reciever AK built with a new KVAR milled parts set,  with USA KVAR furniture and USA fire control parts, and USA slant brake,  so it will accept any mag legally.  The rifle was assembled, and then the barrel was laser aligned and pressed.  The trigger is lightened and slop removed.  The rifle was then parked,  and gun coated.  Work was done by Informer.  His work is unbelievably immaculate.  I would recommend him to anyone.  His turn around time is not really quick,  but when you see his work, you will realize that the wait will be worth it.  I have about $750 in the above AK, and it shoots 1.5" groups, when I do my job.

[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1482572&a=12923903&p=39028644[/img]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#15]
   I have an Arsenal Bulgaria milled parts kit, and reciever in the mail, on its way to Informer right now. Pretty much the same as you described AC Doctor,(I cant see the pic you posted though) Did you get the teflon coating? About how long was your turn around time?
BTW....the comment I made about SAR's looking like a 4 year old with a hammer and dremmel built them was not a knock at ALL AKs. just the super cheap ones that joe blow slapped together to make a quick buck. (you know the ones with the serial numbers sloppily hand engraved)
[heavy]
I didnt know Informer was putting up a web site, I'd like to have the link....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top