Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1685
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:15:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ugagrad06] [#1]
There's 14.5 million shares traded and stock price hasn't moved an inch.  There has been MASSIVE accumulation taking place over the past months.  The technology is critical for the Microsoft Hololens2 and IVAS.  By offloading manufacturing to Microsoft (and it being done in the USA), the final requirements for the IVAS program are met.

They have 5 different verticals that can provide explosive growth.

The MEMS approach to AR/VR/MR seems to be the favorite direction for all 5 verticals being addressed.

The company has been completely incompetent in executing on their business plan and it has cost shareholders MASSIVE amounts of money.  They have also proven time and again that they have zero regard for shareholders.

They are also in possession of over 500 patents tied to MEMS systems but (to my knowledge) aren't putting a ton of effort in to defending those patents.

Finally - MVIS patents have been cited by Apple, Samsung, Sharp, Microsoft, et al for head mounted displays, projectors, etc.  All of this is extremely well documented at the reddit.com/r/mvis message board.

All important data points to consider.  I'm sitting on over 30k shares across my various trading accounts with an ACB a shade over .80.  I haven't bought more at these levels as I'm not willing to lose more and I'm terrified of the impact of the R/S + dilution.

Between you, me, and the wall - i think people are stupid not to throw a little in the ring at these levels.  You could EASILY get your 10x shingle hung on your wall over this stock.  You could just as easily lose all of it.

I said the same thing when we were at 56, then up at 84, then when we briefly crossed $1.  

What I agree with most strongly in this thread is the title.  This is a pure, unadulterated throw of the dice.  This tech WILL be in MILLIONS of products in the future.  Whether or not common shareholders see the benefit is the only question.

Do your due diligence...
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ugagrad06:

Guys. This is a company I believe in. Incredible tech. But I lost 17,000 in less than 2 minutes in after hours trading due to the interactive speaker cancelation.

Do NOT put money in you are not ok with losing.

R/S authorization is still on the docket for ASM.

Incredible opportunity but ungodly risk.
View Quote

Well said and QFT.

Some more "color"...

When I got in 14 years ago I think my ASP was about $3.50, if that tells you anything. I personally went to multiple ASMs (lived in Gig Harbor, ASMs were held in Bellevue), and got to see and play with the tech firsthand. They actually made a product called a SHOWWX that was incredible, but never sold well...it was very expensive. Basically a cell phone sized laser projector that would throw a 100" HD picture on the wall in a dark room. It was amazing. The grail at that point was putting a projector into a standard cell phone. That got crushed too, which is bewildering when you consider how desperate the manufacturers are to differentiate their products. A bendable phone...seriously?

The green laser deal was a backbreaker, and MVIS management...well, they mostly lied about where we were in development. They used some kind of artificial device to approximate a diode green laser, which was hugely expensive and had fidelity issues. I kept accumulating at every "buying opportunity" (that's investor speak for your share price just got crucified). When the first R/S went through, I stood the pain as long as possible, then sold and recouped what I could through tax writeoffs.

Got back in when Ossram(?) licked the green laser diode issue, and micro LIDAR was developed. One thing I can tell you with great certainty...this is the most manipulated stock I've personally ever seen. Microvision will make a good gain, and it will get walked right back down in tens of thousands of small block sales at a .0001 loss. I've watched this act for a very, very long time. They moved 50 million shares in one day and didn't move the share price .02. Big money, corrupt money controls this trading; they are absolutely expert at shaking out weak hands and remorseless in doing so.

Remember that, and never fall in love with a stock. Seriously. Avenge me!
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]
There's 14.5 million shares traded and stock price hasn't moved an inch.  There has been MASSIVE accumulation taking place over the past months.  The technology is critical for the Microsoft Hololens2 and IVAS.  By offloading manufacturing to Microsoft (and it being done in the USA), the final requirements for the IVAS program are met.

The MEMS approach to AR/VR/MR seems to be the favorite direction for all 5 verticals being addressed.

The company has been completely incompetent in executing on their business plan and it has cost shareholders MASSIVE amounts of money.  They have also proven time and again that they have zero regard for shareholders.

They are also in possession of over 500 patents tied to MEMS systems but (to my knowledge) aren't putting a ton of effort in to defending those patents.

Finally - MVIS patents have been cited by Apple, Samsung, Sharp, Microsoft, et al for head mounted displays, projectors, etc.  All of this is extremely well documented at the reddit.com/r/mvis message board.

All important data points to consider.  I'm sitting on over 30k shares across my various trading accounts with an ACB a shade over .80.  I haven't bought more at these levels as I'm not willing to lose more and I'm terrified of the impact of the R/S + dilution.

Between you, me, and the wall - i think people are stupid not to throw a little in the ring at these levels.  You could EASILY get your 10x shingle hung on your wall over this stock.  You could just as easily lose all of it.

I said the same thing when we were at 56, then up at 84, then when we briefly crossed $1.  

What I agree with most strongly in this thread is the title.  This is a pure, unadulterated throw of the dice.  This tech WILL be in MILLIONS of products in the future.  Whether or not common shareholders see the benefit is the only question.

Do your due diligence...
View Quote

That's interesting, ugagrad06, our positions and ASP are almost identical, God help us.

If this boat ever comes in, a lot of people I've kept in touch with need to hold a get-together!
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Do your due diligence...
View Quote

Thanks for the reply.

My fear is that this current management chain will keep this company instead of selling it.

They seem really good at making products that are cool and amazing but incompetent at bringing it to market and running the business.

Great the tech is in tons of microsoft products but it seems easier to find HILLARY Clinton's email than proof of it.  For the love of all that is good and holy why allow microsoft to require the NDA's.

Why would microsoft buy the company when they can discount buy the licensing and not have to deal with any M&A?

I still believe there are real legs in this company provided the Craig hiring was for the real intention of selling the company and not cya by management.

I wonder why there have been no class action suits by shareholders.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Adding...

I'm a complete M&A idiot but I believe I could sell the company for around $4.75 just based on the NOL value.

So it seems that in addition to whatever or whomever is working against the stock price, we have management in the way enriching themselves.  That is the only reason a sale isn't imminent, management.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:
Adding...

I'm a complete M&A idiot but I believe I could sell the company for around $4.75 just based on the NOL value.

So it seems that in addition to whatever or whomever is working against the stock price, we have management in the way enriching themselves.  That is the only reason a sale isn't imminent, management.
View Quote

a 4.75 price and I would fly to wherever you live and take you out for dinner and beer.

You hit the nail on the head about Msft. Unless another agent comes in to buy them and holds the tech hostage from Msft.  Can they risk losing control of the tech it say... Samsung wants them?  Though I think STM is the most likely suitor.

Lidar is another serious reason to consider this company. Both consumer and automotive.

Handheld gaming is an interesting quirk right think through.

I think they may spin off their MEMS business...  sell chunks rather than the whole company?  

Honestly - I thought I’d be on a boat on vacation as a result of the amazon smart speaker by now. So don’t take my opinion for anything
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#7]

a 4.75 price and I would fly to wherever you live and take you out for dinner and beer.

You hit the nail on the head about Msft. Unless another agent comes in to buy them and holds the tech hostage from Msft.  Can they risk losing control of the tech it say... Samsung wants them?  Though I think STM is the most likely suitor.

Lidar is another serious reason to consider this company. Both consumer and automotive.

I think they may spin off their MEMS business...  sell chunks rather than the whole company?  

Honestly - I thought I’d be on a boat on vacation as a result of the amazon smart speaker by now. So don’t take my opinion for anything
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Adding...

Yeah about STM I just read an article that stated they were already spread too thin and being in the heart of Europe's covid mess they could have a negative free cash flow.  So I don't know of they are in play

MSFT really hosed the management of MVIS.  Maybe STM or other will come in, buy the company and start talking to investors and industry as to what their tech is included in.

Time will tell I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Yeah about STM I just read an article that stated they were already spread too thin and being in the heart of Europe's covid mess they could have a negative free cash flow.  So I don't know of they are in play

MSFT really hosed the management of MVIS.  Maybe STM or other will come in, buy the company and start talking to investors and industry as to what their tech is included in.

Time will tell I suppose.
View Quote

From the Reddit board / summary of the STM earnings call a week or so ago:

Won designs in flagship smartphones with time-of-flight ranging sensors, ambient-light, MEMS motion and water-proof pressure sensors

We have reduced our CAPEX plan for 2020 from $1.5B to a range between $1.0B to $1.2B, related to reduced additional capacity needs.

Our strategic initiatives are all confirmed, although with some short-term schedule adjustments;

2020 AGM which is now postponed to June 17, 2020

Reddit link

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Why not. In for $100.

I'll wrap my Lambo in OP's username if it goes to the moon.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought 15 shares earlier.  I'm down $.54 dammit
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:13:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boatswain] [#11]

View Quote

There's a lot of assumptions in this analysis:

- Where is the list of 500 Microvision patents?

- Many of these are old patents, quite close to the end of their 25 year life. e.g. that Reddit thread lists patents like 7,460,305 which expire in 2022.

- Other companies citing patents means very little. It's primarily to acknowledge prior art.

- In general old tech patents for emerging spaces don't sell for huge sums. Look at https://www.ast.com/ip3/ for an example. I think the average sale price was under $100k per patent, and those are patents with some life left on them. Source
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#12]
What's going on with MVIS today?  Glanced at it today and it's moving.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 1:15:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#13]
Originally Posted By Boatswain:

There's a lot of assumptions in this analysis:

- Where is the list of 500 Microvision patents?

- Many of these are old patents, quite close to the end of their 25 year life. e.g. that Reddit thread lists patents like 7,460,305 which expire in 2022.

- Other companies citing patents means very little. It's primarily to acknowledge prior art.

- In general old tech patents for emerging spaces don't sell for huge sums. Look at https://www.ast.com/ip3/ for an example. I think the average sale price was under $100k per patent, and those are patents with some life left on them. Source
View Quote

Here ya go, knock yourself out. Unless you have a PhD from MIT in particle optics, by the time you get to page 16 or so your attention may begin to wander. MVIS, despite being a tiny company has consistently ranked in the top 100 patent holders in the US.  

A critical number are original R&D, not derivative btw, and acknowledgement plays a critical role in patent disputes...critically important when courts start deciding financial penalties.

Microvision patent library with synopsis

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 1:24:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#14]
As late as Apr 9, average daily share volume was less than 2.5M.

4.5M in less than a half hour this morning, over 10M with two and a half hours left in trading...on no news.

Someone is accumulating under the radar based on info shareholders don't have. Told you these people don't play straight. Fuckers.

ETA: Not a SME, but from my reading...accumulation like this isn't necessarily because they know something good is coming. You buy enough under cover of proxies, you pay a lot less down the line when you do an acquisition. Because of reporting requirements, I believe it's a quarter or more away from mandatory disclosure based on share percentage ownership.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By rlltd42:
What's going on with MVIS today?  Glanced at it today and it's moving.
View Quote

No clue. Searched for news and couldnt find shit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Average share volume prior to today was 3.3M.

Today's trading volume was 19.6M, up 27% on zero news. On a Wednesday.

That's stealth accumulation. Pay close attention, they'll let it drift down again for a day or two before coming back to the trough.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I sold, and will keep an eye out for the next dip, I made 50%. Its enough for a tank of gas, for the commuter scooter.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Average share volume prior to today was 3.3M.

Today's trading volume was 19.6M, up 27% on zero news. On a Wednesday.

That's stealth accumulation. Pay close attention, they'll let it drift down again for a day or two before coming back to the trough.

View Quote

Saw some action on some options so I mirrored. We will see!

Someone knows something. We might actually get $1 out of this thing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:58:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rlltd42] [#19]
I'm up a whopping $100!  

Wish I had put in more but $175 was as much as I felt like lighting on fire and burning that night.  I figure it will be back to .25 in a few days, but I'm just sitting on it for the entertainment.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Let it ride!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By rlltd42:
I'm up a whopping $100!  

Wish I had put in more but $175 was as much as I felt like lighting on fire and burning that night.  I figure it will be back to .25 in a few days, but I'm just sitting on it for the entertainment.
View Quote
+$0.53 here.  NODS here I come
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Climb baby climb
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:15:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SlimBlundt] [#23]
Why does this place always cost me money? I’ll watch it tomorrow and jump in if it dips below $.30 because I put in a limit order @ $.26
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:16:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rlltd42] [#24]
I've been playing around watching & learning with small amounts the past few weeks (buy & hold, havent sold any).  Thus far I'm doing pretty good.  

For those who have used Robinhood for awhile how do they do their taxes?  I see they now work integrate with turbotax but it didn't say how.  Is it just another 1099 or is like crypto where it's much more involved?  If it's just a simple 1099 and turbotax tells you what to pay I might actually sell some stuff and wade in a little further.

I guess I'm scarred from the headache that became keeping track of tax stuff from crypto trading, which is why I quit crypto in the first place.  I sorted it out, paid my taxes, and said never again to the crypto headache.  Trying to avoid a repeat.

ETA:  This is just hobby stuff, I do mutual funds for my retirement account.  I've never done frequent buy/sell stuff before.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#25]
OST
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:39:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Was in at .25. Got out at .32.

May get in again if it goes back to .25.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Redarts:
LOL, an arfcom funded pump n dump.
View Quote

And??

I'm in short term for 15000 shares. I know the power of emotional optimism on a stock like this, especially with a historic volatility of 129%.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:49:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#28]

Well said and QFT.

Some more "color"...

When I got in 14 years ago I think my ASP was about $3.50, if that tells you anything. I personally went to multiple ASMs (lived in Gig Harbor, ASMs were held in Bellevue), and got to see and play with the tech firsthand. They actually made a product called a SHOWWX that was incredible, but never sold well...it was very expensive. Basically a cell phone sized laser projector that would throw a 100" HD picture on the wall in a dark room. It was amazing. The grail at that point was putting a projector into a standard cell phone. That got crushed too, which is bewildering when you consider how desperate the manufacturers are to differentiate their products. A bendable phone...seriously?

The green laser deal was a backbreaker, and MVIS management...well, they mostly lied about where we were in development. They used some kind of artificial device to approximate a diode green laser, which was hugely expensive and had fidelity issues. I kept accumulating at every "buying opportunity" (that's investor speak for your share price just got crucified). When the first R/S went through, I stood the pain as long as possible, then sold and recouped what I could through tax writeoffs.

Got back in when Ossram(?) licked the green laser diode issue, and micro LIDAR was developed. One thing I can tell you with great certainty...this is the most manipulated stock I've personally ever seen. Microvision will make a good gain, and it will get walked right back down in tens of thousands of small block sales at a .0001 loss. I've watched this act for a very, very long time. They moved 50 million shares in one day and didn't move the share price .02. Big money, corrupt money controls this trading; they are absolutely expert at shaking out weak hands and remorseless in doing so.

Remember that, and never fall in love with a stock. Seriously. Avenge me! 
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ugagrad06:

Guys. This is a company I believe in. Incredible tech. But I lost 17,000 in less than 2 minutes in after hours trading due to the interactive speaker cancelation. 

Do NOT put money in you are not ok with losing. 

R/S authorization is still on the docket for ASM. 

Incredible opportunity but ungodly risk.

Well said and QFT.

Some more "color"...

When I got in 14 years ago I think my ASP was about $3.50, if that tells you anything. I personally went to multiple ASMs (lived in Gig Harbor, ASMs were held in Bellevue), and got to see and play with the tech firsthand. They actually made a product called a SHOWWX that was incredible, but never sold well...it was very expensive. Basically a cell phone sized laser projector that would throw a 100" HD picture on the wall in a dark room. It was amazing. The grail at that point was putting a projector into a standard cell phone. That got crushed too, which is bewildering when you consider how desperate the manufacturers are to differentiate their products. A bendable phone...seriously?

The green laser deal was a backbreaker, and MVIS management...well, they mostly lied about where we were in development. They used some kind of artificial device to approximate a diode green laser, which was hugely expensive and had fidelity issues. I kept accumulating at every "buying opportunity" (that's investor speak for your share price just got crucified). When the first R/S went through, I stood the pain as long as possible, then sold and recouped what I could through tax writeoffs.

Got back in when Ossram(?) licked the green laser diode issue, and micro LIDAR was developed. One thing I can tell you with great certainty...this is the most manipulated stock I've personally ever seen. Microvision will make a good gain, and it will get walked right back down in tens of thousands of small block sales at a .0001 loss. I've watched this act for a very, very long time. They moved 50 million shares in one day and didn't move the share price .02. Big money, corrupt money controls this trading; they are absolutely expert at shaking out weak hands and remorseless in doing so.

Remember that, and never fall in love with a stock. Seriously. Avenge me! 

If what you are saying is true about big money controlling the stock price, it's because they are acquiring the stock. If they are acquiring and trying to buy in at a "controlled" price (which isn't quite so simple), then their intent is to make money on the stock they hold at a later date. Which means you can, too.

I have only been reviewing this stock for a few hours now but I don't think that's what is happening here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#30]
LOL Robin Hood investors nearly always loose money.  Heck on CNBC when TSLA and Virgin Galactic were spiking in Feb they were the #1 purchased security the day of the high.  And #1 purchased security a few weeks ago was USO which got halted.

Classic story about the Rabbit and the tortoise.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By redseacraft:
LOL Robin Hood investors nearly always loose money.  Heck on CNBC when TSLA and Virgin Galactic were spiking in Feb they were the #1 purchased security the day of the high.  And #1 purchased security a few weeks ago was USO which got halted. 

Classic story about the Rabbit and the tortoise.
View Quote

Yes, but we can spell
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Soaring up this morning. My only green holding.... wonder what's going on??
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#33]
nm

Thought it was a GILD thread.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Meh, better off taking a shot on SPCE
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By rlltd42:
I've been playing around watching & learning with small amounts the past few weeks (buy & hold, havent sold any).  Thus far I'm doing pretty good.  

For those who have used Robinhood for awhile how do they do their taxes?  I see they now work integrate with turbotax but it didn't say how.  Is it just another 1099 or is like crypto where it's much more involved?  If it's just a simple 1099 and turbotax tells you what to pay I might actually sell some stuff and wade in a little further.

I guess I'm scarred from the headache that became keeping track of tax stuff from crypto trading, which is why I quit crypto in the first place.  I sorted it out, paid my taxes, and said never again to the crypto headache.  Trying to avoid a repeat.

ETA:  This is just hobby stuff, I do mutual funds for my retirement account.  I've never done frequent buy/sell stuff before.
View Quote

I got a 1099 for 50 grand this year and was like WHAT THE FUCK
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By IAm4:
I sold, and will keep an eye out for the next dip, I made 50%. Its enough for a tank of gas, for the commuter scooter.
View Quote

nice score, must be nice that whatever you touch turns to gold

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#37]
It was fun while it lasted. SHould have dumped it at .42
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Sparky:
It was fun while it lasted. SHould have dumped it at .42 
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing... who knows though
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Layer60:

If what you are saying is true about big money controlling the stock price, it's because they are acquiring the stock. If they are acquiring and trying to buy in at a "controlled" price (which isn't quite so simple), then their intent is to make money on the stock they hold at a later date. Which means you can, too.

I have only been reviewing this stock for a few hours now but I don't think that's what is happening here.
View Quote

@Layer60, would appreciate your insight. Started to climb this morning and someone dumped hard to knock the bottom out. It never varies...

Large numbers of momentum traders capitalizing on the volatility? I'm dubious of that idea, because somehow they always manage to act in perfect concert.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Jumped in for the gamble.....16k shares at .30 ish

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#41]

@Layer60, would appreciate your insight. Started to climb this morning and someone dumped hard to knock the bottom out. It never varies...

Large numbers of momentum traders capitalizing on the volatility? I'm dubious of that idea, because somehow they always manage to act in perfect concert.
View All Quotes

If what you are saying is true about big money controlling the stock price, it's because they are acquiring the stock. If they are acquiring and trying to buy in at a "controlled" price (which isn't quite so simple), then their intent is to make money on the stock they hold at a later date. Which means you can, too.

I have only been reviewing this stock for a few hours now but I don't think that's what is happening here.

@Layer60, would appreciate your insight. Started to climb this morning and someone dumped hard to knock the bottom out. It never varies...

Large numbers of momentum traders capitalizing on the volatility? I'm dubious of that idea, because somehow they always manage to act in perfect concert.

It got shorted hard today - looks like half a million shares. Very unusual for what is effectively a penny stock. In the simplest terms, that could be a couple of things:

1) Someone wants the shares to stay lower.

2) Someone expects the shares to go lower.

#2 is more likely than #1.

I will say that anyone who expects a quick announcement on a buyout (if that even happens) is probably going to be disappointed. You don't negotiate a buyout with that level of IP in a casual couple of weeks. I would expect months, with enormous volatility in the stock's price.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Decided to put in a buy order for 600 shares if it drops to $0.25.

What the hell.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:06:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rlltd42] [#43]
Simplified numbers, but on RH if I:

Day 1:  Buy 10 shares of XYZ
Day 2:  Buy 5 shares of XYZ
Day 2:  Sell 10 shares of XYZ

Is that same day trading for PDT purposes?  Using FIFO I'd think not, but some on reddit are saying they will ding you anyways.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Was going to jump in today but missed opportunity. Lets see if it drops again
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:11:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rlltd42] [#45]
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Was going to jump in today but missed opportunity. Lets see if it drops again
View Quote

It will.  I'm undecided as to if I want to sell half and get back in when it drops.  I bought some earlier today when it dipped real low and if I sell now it's going on my "permanent record" (for 5 trading days).
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By redseacraft:
LOL Robin Hood investors nearly always loose money.  Heck on CNBC when TSLA and Virgin Galactic were spiking in Feb they were the #1 purchased security the day of the high.  And #1 purchased security a few weeks ago was USO which got halted.

Classic story about the Rabbit and the tortoise.
View Quote
This is why I'm in it for Dividends and not just stock price gains.

I don't want to watch the market every hour of every day to gamble on when is the right time to buy in low, then to watch to sell at the right time to not only take profits, but not miss any...  

Plus, just starting, I don't have the funds to leave in my account (not invested) to maintain a traders account and not get locked for "Trading"...

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Layer60:

It got shorted hard today - looks like half a million shares...
View Quote

Where does a person look to find this information?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#48]

It got shorted hard today - looks like half a million shares. Very unusual for what is effectively a penny stock. In the simplest terms, that could be a couple of things:

1) Someone wants the shares to stay lower. 

2) Someone expects the shares to go lower.

#2 is more likely than #1. 

I will say that anyone who expects a quick announcement on a buyout (if that even happens) is probably going to be disappointed. You don't negotiate a buyout with that level of IP in a casual couple of weeks. I would expect months, with enormous volatility in the stock's price.
View Quote

From Reddit, share availability for shorting today:
Fee / Available / Time:

1.9 % 200,000 2020-04-30 08:00:03

2.3 % 150,000 2020-04-30 10:15:02

2.3 % 100,000 2020-04-30 10:30:02

2.3 % 95,000 2020-04-30 11:45:02

2.3 % 90,000 2020-04-30 12:45:02

2.3 % 85,000 2020-04-30 16:00:02

No one in their right mind shorts a penny stock with the possibility of a buyout looming, unless they have a good deal of conviction in a set outcome. The only scenario that fits, to my mind, are people who agree with you that a deal can't be closed short-term and a reverse split will be forced prior to it happening. In that case, say at 20/1, you're not shorting a penny stock, you're shorting a six dollar share almost certain to lose over 30% in the first three post-split trading sessions. It's an ugly thought, but not implausible.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#49]

From Reddit, share availability for shorting today:
Fee / Available / Time:

1.9 % 200,000 2020-04-30 08:00:03

2.3 % 150,000 2020-04-30 10:15:02

2.3 % 100,000 2020-04-30 10:30:02

2.3 % 95,000 2020-04-30 11:45:02

2.3 % 90,000 2020-04-30 12:45:02

2.3 % 85,000 2020-04-30 16:00:02

No one in their right mind shorts a penny stock with the possibility of a buyout looming, unless they have a good deal of conviction in a set outcome. The only scenario that fits, to my mind, are people who agree with you that a deal can't be closed short-term and a reverse split will be forced prior to it happening. In that case, say at 20/1, you're not shorting a penny stock, you're shorting a six dollar share almost certain to lose over 30% in the first three post-split trading sessions. It's an ugly thought, but not implausible.
View All Quotes

It got shorted hard today - looks like half a million shares. Very unusual for what is effectively a penny stock. In the simplest terms, that could be a couple of things:

1) Someone wants the shares to stay lower. 

2) Someone expects the shares to go lower.

#2 is more likely than #1. 

I will say that anyone who expects a quick announcement on a buyout (if that even happens) is probably going to be disappointed. You don't negotiate a buyout with that level of IP in a casual couple of weeks. I would expect months, with enormous volatility in the stock's price.

From Reddit, share availability for shorting today:
Fee / Available / Time:

1.9 % 200,000 2020-04-30 08:00:03

2.3 % 150,000 2020-04-30 10:15:02

2.3 % 100,000 2020-04-30 10:30:02

2.3 % 95,000 2020-04-30 11:45:02

2.3 % 90,000 2020-04-30 12:45:02

2.3 % 85,000 2020-04-30 16:00:02

No one in their right mind shorts a penny stock with the possibility of a buyout looming, unless they have a good deal of conviction in a set outcome. The only scenario that fits, to my mind, are people who agree with you that a deal can't be closed short-term and a reverse split will be forced prior to it happening. In that case, say at 20/1, you're not shorting a penny stock, you're shorting a six dollar share almost certain to lose over 30% in the first three post-split trading sessions. It's an ugly thought, but not implausible.

Options are adjusted for splits.  Never shorted on margin.  Are short positions adjusted for splits?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:35:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 1685
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top