Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1687
Posted: 4/6/2020 1:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61]
Bored, and want to live dangerously?

Company I've been in for 14 years is in it's death throes...got pounded by the 'Rona. They own a wall of patents on MEMS laser projection and LIDAR, and just signed an agreement with MSFT last week to transfer manufacture of the light engine in Hololens II to a royalty agreement. The next day 50M shares traded...and there are only 150M shares total for the company. Looks now like they were cleaning up for a sale/merger because...

..."MVIS-Today announced it has retained investment banking firm Craig-Hallum Capital Group LLC to serve as its financial advisor as it explores various licensing and other strategic alternatives, including a potential sale or merger of the company."

Selling this morning at .22 to .23 a share. Speculation is rampant about what a sale would bring, because potential suitors include MSFT, Apple, STM, Sony and others. Read this thread carefully to see what's going on!...and don't gamble money you can't afford to lose. A reverse-split is also still  on the table, and those almost always destroy shareholder value*.

ETA: *"destroy shareholder value" is a euphemism for "individual investor loses his shirt".

MVIS retains Craig Hallum

Full disclosure: I hold 30K shares at an .84 ASP. If they sell for a buck a share I make beer money. If it goes for $5 I make Porsche money. Point is, at .23 right now a buck sale will be a three bagger...

UPDATE: CEO just sent out a memo begging shareholders to vote "yes" on the reverse split...heavy implication is they're getting hammered by "no" votes, and the motion won't pass, or is in serious danger.

MVIS Reddit is lighting up. I won't pretend to fully understand the repercussions, but it sure is entertaining. If you have proxy voting rights, please use them and support the vote of no confidence on item 3!

Go here and do some (non-technical) Reddit reading. Emotions running high. Share is up 28% as I type.
Form_defa14a
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MongooseKY:
What's the significance of (and risk of investing in) a deficient stock? ZOM, BNGO, and TNXP are all showing as deficient.
View Quote

I believe this just applies to the exchanges listing requirements.  If you don't met certain thresholds over certain time periods you can get delisted .  So, in the scheme of things not always a big deal in my book.    Thjs type of stuff can be taken advantage of, asymmetrical risk/reward
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BeerMeNow:

$10 by EOW or early next week. 25-35 mid year and somewhere near $100 in mid 2022.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

What are your expectations for BNGO?

$10 by EOW or early next week. 25-35 mid year and somewhere near $100 in mid 2022.

Get out!  I just placed an order.   I have to buy some now.   Anything you could add, and yes I don't have time to research this particular item so maybe can help you out with something if you can give me an overview of what you are thinking here.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
maybe this isnt the thread for you.
everyone here, up until now, posts helpful insight along with their suggestions.

View All Quotes

I'm not writing a long post about it. Do the research. Also watch the symposium they are doing this week. Started yesterday and ends Friday.
everyone here, up until now, posts helpful insight along with their suggestions.

Offer him something in return, like I did.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#4]

I'm not writing a long post about it. Do the research. Also watch the symposium they are doing this week. Started yesterday and ends Friday.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:

@BeerMeNow

What leads you to believe those numbers may happen with BNGO?  

You don't have to write a long post about it but something more involved than verbiage that sounds like it came from stocktwits or /r/moonshot would be appreciated - especially since it's down 5% today.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Well what the fuck BIOL.

It was dead until today, now it's over $1
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]

I believe this just applies to the exchanges listing requirements.  If you don't met certain thresholds over certain time periods you can get delisted .  So, in the scheme of things not always a big deal in my book.    Thjs type of stuff can be taken advantage of, asymmetrical risk/reward
View All Quotes
What's the significance of (and risk of investing in) a deficient stock? ZOM, BNGO, and TNXP are all showing as deficient.

So delisting would just mean you couldn't invest in additional shares through the market, but it wouldn't affect shares you own?

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:38:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#7]
So delisting would just mean you couldn't invest in additional shares through the market, but it wouldn't affect shares you own?

View All Quotes

The stock is usually still available but if they ultimately fail to cure whatever deficiency they have it will be moved to the pink sheets or over the counter markets, so now institutions and pension funds might have to bail out, brokers might charge a commission since now a penny stock etc.

The ones we are discussing here, for example, are still listed as they were, however they've been given notices to cure delinquencies.  So maybe 90 days to have their share price greater than $1 or $5 for example.  I think many of them are in various stages of this and if they fail, then will be booted off the NYSE or whatever.

So, here is BNGO - still trading but they need to take care of something soon:

*Nasdaq FSI: *Deficient: Issuer Failed to Meet NASDAQ Continued Listing Requirements

edit:

oh, and here is a blurb about it I found -

Nasdaq granted Bionano Genomics (NASDAQ:BNGO) an additional 180-day compliance period, or until June 28, 2021, to regain compliance with its minimum $1.00 closing bid price per share requirement.
The company was notified of non-compliance in April last week.
During the second compliance period, the company indicated that to cure the deficiency it will implement a reverse stock split, if necessary.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Good, I have a job tomorrow now.

I don't have to sit here and get my BP up in this thread.

I'm holding the ZOM I have, along with the PTE and TNXP, hopefully when I come back to my portfolio next week cool thiings have happened.

It will probably look like an airplane crash though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#9]

The stock is usually still available but if they ultimately fail to cure whatever deficiency they have it will be moved to the pink sheets or over the counter markets, so now institutions and pension funds might have to bail out, brokers might charge a commission since now a penny stock etc.

The ones we are discussing here, for example, are still listed as they were, however they've been given notices to cure delinquencies.  So maybe 90 days to have their share price greater than $1 or $5 for example.  I think many of them are in various stages of this and if they fail, then will be booted off the NYSE or whatever.

*Nasdaq FSI: *Deficient: Issuer Failed to Meet NASDAQ Continued Listing Requirements

edit:

Nasdaq granted Bionano Genomics (NASDAQ:BNGO) an additional 180-day compliance period, or until June 28, 2021, to regain compliance with its minimum $1.00 closing bid price per share requirement.
During the second compliance period, the company indicated that to cure the deficiency it will implement a reverse stock split, if necessary.
View Quote
In a reverse stock split, would you see something like a 1:2 where you now own half as many shares but the per share price is double what it was before the split?

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

I'm holding the ZOM I have, along with the PTE and TNXP, hopefully when I come back to my portfolio next week cool thiings have happened.

View Quote

I will offer to manage that for you until then.  No charge.  Need acct, rout numbers, SSN, DOB, email, password,  No problem.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#11]
In a reverse stock split, would you see something like a 1:2 where you now own half as many shares but the per share price is double what it was before the split?

View All Quotes

edit:

That is one solution although it seems maybe a solution of last resort.  Whatever dynamic is causing the price to be so low is not repaired so that could be a last resort type fix and would NOT go over well with shareholders.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CamelPatriot:
Zom predictions by March 30 product launch?
View Quote

I personally think $3-4/share. That's purely speculation. It's been steadily climbing and holding new floors. I'd say it'll level out and cool down some but who knows what'll happen in March. Maybe all the crazy cat ladies will come out and load it up on launch day
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#13]

I will offer to manage that for you until then.  No charge.  Need acct, rout numbers, SSN, DOB, email, password,  No problem.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

I'm gonna use the "set it and forget it" strategy.

Every single time I jump the gun with stuff like this, I miss out on some real potential.

I'm not holding thousands of shares like some of you guys, but hundreds of them with a big jump is still some nice pocket money.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#14]
This is what I get when trying to join the discord server?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TWO_LABS:
This is what I get when trying to join the discord server?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/421844/D47F855E-FF80-4B45-885D-23F8CDA69AB1_png-1776534.JPG
View Quote

Invite me so I can find out if it does it to me too
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

Invite me so I can find out if it does it to me too
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#17]
A big dump there for ZOM down to $1.14
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Holy FUBO. I am no expert but I bought this on recommendation of motley fool and it has gone nothing but up. 32% today. They seem to think its going to $60 this year
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone have any idea how the inauguration will impact market and our positions?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Dont know how you guys have money to be buying huge shares of $30+ stock. I'll go be poor somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Dont know how you guys have money to be buying huge shares of $30+ stock. I'll go be poor somewhere else.
View Quote

Gotta start somewhere

I have no idea what I'm doing,  messing around on Robinhood with some play/beer budget cash
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Invite me as well to the discord
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TheOldRepublic:

Gotta start somewhere

I have no idea what I'm doing,  messing around on Robinhood with some play/beer budget cash
View Quote

Yup i started messing around in robinhood based on this thread.  I think i'm $650 in over the past few months and portfolio is around $2300, It could be much higher if i would have played things right but him still learning.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#24]
NAK is up 10% after hours.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Grizbacker:
Holy FUBO. I am no expert but I bought this on recommendation of motley fool and it has gone nothing but up. 32% today. They seem to think its going to $60 this year
View Quote

Chart shows that hit $60 a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#26]
NAK going wayyyy up after hours
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By myfathersson:

Chart shows that hit $60 a few weeks ago.
View Quote

Yep and Motley Fool sure seems to think its gonna get back there and then some. I know traderstewie on twitter is big on it too. Outside of that I have no basis as a am an amateur, but those people know a lot more than me so I took the jump and bought some. Up 34% today on it but who knows what will happen tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

I’m not buying big amounts of shares, but I started with my stimulus check. Bought $2k worth of a mix of AMC and NCLH in March . Sold both in July for $3600 and bought OLN. Sold OLN in December for little over $8k and bought SHLX. I should receive around $400 a quarter dividend from SHLX, plus it’s value is increasing. I’m by no means an expert. Always wanted to get into stocks and saw this as an opportunity. Any stimulus or extra money I get I buy other stocks since I never had the money....to me it won’t be a loss if it goes belly up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#29]
ACRX has done very well today, it's been pretty much flat for weeks and popped today. I sold half of what I had.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:10:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#30]
View Quote
I have 70% invested in two funds...  VFIAX and FBGRX. You can buy these shares in portions, you don't have to buy one entire stock. And they have very low fund mgt fees.  They are a very good place to get your feet wet. You won't be buying and selling them, so much as just buying more and letting them grow. But, once you have an account, you can buy into other stocks easily.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Sorry guys I'm not subscribed here so I didn't see this but one of the guys let me know.

https://discord.gg/4azthkZenp

Here's an invite, and apologies to Osprey for the dersil
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#32]
GOEV broke $16 to over $20 after hours
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:35:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scare_Crow] [#33]
View Quote

We all start somewhere
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo] [#34]
Any thoughts on GSAT?  It was up 71% today.  Does it look like it has momentum to continue going up tomorrow?  Just wondering if we can still catch the wave...
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Sorry guys I'm not subscribed here so I didn't see this but one of the guys let me know.

View Quote

No worries, actually very gratifying to see a lot of people take a deep interest in investing.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

No worries, actually very gratifying to see a lot of people take a deep interest in investing.

View Quote

Most of it due to your thread, if you ever make it to the magic valley let me know, beers are on me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

View Quote

Thank you Osprey61 and to all the fine people that have contributed to this thread. You all have been a tremendous help in teaching this first year investor how to make some significant amounts of money and hopefully secure a comfortable retirement some day.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:20:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View Quote

Stratton Arfmont
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:48:48 AM EDT
[#39]
ENZC

Jump on the money train fellas!

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:11:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By DeereDigger:
ENZC

Jump on the money train fellas!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490893/22DBDF38-0CAD-4143-8E98-DE04A3970FDD-1777313.jpg
View Quote

System error?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

He'd need to actually have info to share, sounds like he just bought into someone else's hype
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By super_dirt_bags:
NAK going wayyyy up after hours
View Quote

I've seen some information that they will be filing an appeal for the Pebble Mine rejection. Maybe people speculating on a favorable decision. Couldn't find any other news driving the increase.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#43]
GSAT apparently announced a deal with Nokia and started to climb.

Might be a quick gain if it spikes today.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:41:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Profit taking on ZOM?  Short action?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Profit taking on ZOM?  Short action?
View Quote

Probably, their volume the last two days was crazy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Looks like there might be a good time for entry with ZOM after market open.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Given the current situation, have we looked at POWW yet (Ammo, Inc)?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:22:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#48]
Careful with ZOM. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a public or direct offering soon. Probably the last day to get in $BNGO under $6.

http://bionanogenomics.com/
View Quote

Lets see how this plays out. It's still down after hours $5.33.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:00:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jacobsk] [#49]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
Any thoughts on GSAT?  It was up 71% today.  Doe's it look like it has momentum to continue going up tomorrow?  Just wondering if we can still catch the wave...
View Quote

I can’t explain it, but it’s at $1.09

ETA news on another contract with some livestock tracking device.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:18:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: super_dirt_bags] [#50]
Originally Posted By Jabroni45:
Given the current situation, have we looked at POWW yet (Ammo, Inc)?
View Quote

Curious about this too

Edit: I bought in at $5.80 and it shot up to 6.70 on open

Now $7.20
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1687
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top