User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2020 10:01:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for later.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#2]
There were a few things I left out of the video because of censorship, but this is a good place to discuss. The first is the cool story of P.A. Luty. His design is shown in the video, but if you have the time, read this. Basically, he was an Englishman who designed a scratch built SMG and published the plans to make a political point. Guns based on his design have been seized by police all over the world.

Luty’s clear — indeed, his stated — intent was to make a political point on the subject of gun control. If a firearm could be manufactured entirely from scratch using commonly available materials, then anyone with the requisite skill would be able to bypass national or local firearms law and restrictions on sale.
View Quote

The other thing that I couldn't really go into a lot of detail about was the ingenious method of rifling that I just referred to as "electrochemical" in the video. Basically, what IvanTheTroll did was to 3D print a jig that held wires in place on the inside of the barrel, then he passed saltwater and electricity through it to etch away a portion of the surface.

If your urge to know more is intensifying, join the Deterrence Dispensed keybase team here.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#3]
The modern version of the liberator pistol.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Literally, the hardest thing to do in Luty's design, or any open-bolt SMG design, is to make semi-automatic work.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Literally, the hardest thing to do in Luty's design, or any open-bolt SMG design, is to make semi-automatic work.
View Quote

Yeah, a fixed firing pin blowback SMG is ridiculously simple. You could use the trigger mechanism from a medieval crossbow to get it to work. But disconnectors are more complicated.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
How is it that the DHS memo wasn't the end of gun store and shooting range closures right then and there?  Why in the blue fuck do we have to SUE state governments for them to do as they are told?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
The memo was just advisory. The federal government does not and should not have the authority to dictate what states do in this matter.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Good video. OP (and that other guy ) are gaining quality with each effort, IMO. Well done...

...also, is the acronym FCG, which equates to Fuck Gun Control, intentionally out of order to throw off the commies?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#9]
No, I'm just stupid and wrote "FCG" like 87 times in my script, then read it like Ron Burgundy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Just reminded me of something I forgot
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Unfortunately, Wayne LaPierre will be the last one left to bankrupt the NRA and shut the lights..... after he puts the last of the coffee machine filters and the copy-machine cartridges in his briefcase.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#12]
This made a fantastically poignant movie scene in my head. Thank you. Firm, resolute, but wistful look on his face as he loots the last remains of the office. Until he clicks the light on the way out and as he turns you see a slight twinkle in his eye and a subtle, sardonic smile, nearly as inscrutable as the Mona Lisa. And then he was gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top