Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2001 5:10:26 PM EDT
I just started a new job.  They (co-workers) were all asking me about my previous work, most all firearms companies.  Come to find out, everyone there loves guns.  They even told me that they were glad to have me because it made them feel safer, some previous employee's threatened violence.  This just floored me in todays world of being ostricized for being a gun owner and reprimanded at most jobs for talking about, it in case you make someone nervous.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I see you got a job at Starbucks.

:)

radioman
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Could you get me a Post Office cap at your new job?
Seriously, congrats on a positive work enviornment.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]
How do I get a job with the post office?  No really I am serious!  ATF
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Are they still hiring?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Most of the guys at my work hate guns or are afraid of them. A few ex-military guys own and shoot on a regular basis, but the most outspoken of them, an ex-Marine, hates guns and says no one should own one.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Must be nice. Hope I am that fortunate in the future. Congratulations on the new work situation.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 3:49:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been 20 years at this job, and if you don't own a gun you probably won't get hired in the first place.  I just about always have one leaning around my office, and the machine shop is available on weekends if anyone wants to work on a gun or car.  The only problem I've run into is when I'm on a mill or lathe making gun parts, so many people gather 'round to watch it's hard to get stuff done.
Built four custom AR's here, and everyone stops by the office to paw them.

Eat your hearts out, bros...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top