BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 415
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

plus the guy who 'broke' the story on ESPN ran with false and unverified info.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember at the time how the league's "scientific" case was shredded from various observers, but the problem was a scrutiny of the evidence of what actually happened never really made it into the courts, and the question that the appeals court decided was the league had the power to do what they wanted under the NFLPA agreement.  Ditto on the Zeke case that came later.

plus the guy who 'broke' the story on ESPN ran with false and unverified info.

Yes, I believe that was Chris Mortensen.   The league leaked false info to him and that #FakeNews established guilt in the public mind before the league even got to their shoddy investigation.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Antonio Brown has been ruled out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everybody says the Buccs were trending at the right time, and I know what the media says about their defense, but the Packers this year look really solid.  I don't see it being a super close time.  I've got the Packers by at least 10 or 14.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like the other famous Steeler, Le'Veon Bell might miss as well.  Not that he going to play much anyway.  

If I remember right, last years Chiefs aged RB hire, LeSean McCoy, was a healthy scratch in the playoffs.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]
GB brought back Tramon Williams.

I think that makes him & Rodgers the only guys on the roster from the 2010 SB.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

IIRC, The Patriots even fired a couple staffers due to the "scandal." If nobody did anything wrong (as the Patriots correctly and clearly stated), why fire anybody over it?
View Quote

It’s known that QBs fuck with their game balls. Rodgers even admitted liking an ‘over inflated’ ball.

Funny how 95% of the active QBs kept their mouths shut.

Also, someone had to be the scapegoat, of course they’d pick a ball boy over Brady.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

IIRC, The Patriots even fired a couple staffers due to the "scandal." If nobody did anything wrong (as the Patriots correctly and clearly stated), why fire anybody over it?
View Quote

In the court of public opinion facts don’t matter. Something had to be done, for the children ratings.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Everybody says the Buccs were trending at the right time, and I know what the media says about their defense, but the Packers this year look really solid.  I don't see it being a super close time.  I've got the Packers by at least 10 or 14.
View Quote

I posted this earlier in reply to another poster and I will post it again. If you’ll give me the Bucs +14 I’ll wager whatever you want.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I posted this earlier in reply to another poster and I will post it again. If you’ll give me the Bucs +14 I’ll wager whatever you want.
View Quote

I already lost one Bronze membership to HK.

Fool me once...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

They did.  I believe they were all "part time" guys, but sucks to lose a cool gig.  One of them guys fired was friends and neighbors with good friends of mine who lived back in NE.  He was at a party once and brought over a SuperBowl ring (Pats apparently give rings to everybody, even the part time equipment staff).  Pretty cool guy.  

Another thing I find interesting is when Antonio Brown went to the Pats all of a sudden all these accusations and civil court cases were filed against.  The court of the public mob were horrified, and AB was let go because clearly he didn't "deserve" to play football.

All of those cases are still outstanding against AB to my knowledge.  It's not like he was vindicated.  He's still the accused player he was back then, but suddenly it's fine he's playing football.  No issues from anyone.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fool me once...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fool me once...

Was that one of my 2016 team membership bets?

Between the Cowboys and Trump my team membership was paid up for 7 years.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah same year when you racked 'em up.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They did.  I believe they were all "part time" guys, but sucks to lose a cool gig.  One of them guys fired was friends and neighbors with good friends of mine who lived back in NE.  He was at a party once and brought over a SuperBowl ring (Pats apparently give rings to everybody, even the part time equipment staff).  Pretty cool guy.  

Another thing I find interesting is when Antonio Brown went to the Pats all of a sudden all these accusations and civil court cases were filed against.  The court of the public mob were horrified, and AB was let go because clearly he didn't "deserve" to play football.

All of those cases are still outstanding against AB to my knowledge.  It's not like he was vindicated.  He's still the accused player he was back then, but suddenly it's fine he's playing football.  No issues from anyone.
View Quote

One thing I remember.  One of the "damning" text messages between those guys...'deflate and give someone that jacket'...was found by the Patriots fan site section at SB Nation, to be referring to a Patriots at Packers game that season.  One of the guys only worked home games, so he would have been home that weekend watching the game on TV.  He sees on TV his guy on the sideline holding a jacket up for one of the players if they want it after they were coming off the field after a Packers score (was a late fall game).   So he sent that text after he saw that on TV.  The time stamp of the text, and the time and place of the happenings of that game synced up perfectly.  But that text was used as evidence of a conspiracy to deflate footballs.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was curious what the bet was so I looked it up.  You bet in July that the 2016 Cowboys would have a record worse than 8-8.  I bet their record would be better.  Right after the deal was struck you said you were breaking out your "Romo voodoo doll" and then Romo went down in the preseason.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

They saw the way it was heading and tried to avoid TB catching the blame imo.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

One thing I remember.  One of the "damning" text messages between those guys...'deflate and give someone that jacket'...was found by the Patriots fan site section at SB Nation, to be referring to a Patriots at Packers game that season.  One of the guys only worked home games, so he would have been home that weekend watching the game on TV.  He sees on TV his guy on the sideline holding a jacket up for one of the players if they want it after they were coming off the field after a Packers score (was a late fall game).   So he sent that text after he saw that on TV.  The time stamp of the text, and the time and place of the happenings of that game synced up perfectly.  But that text was used as evidence of a conspiracy to deflate footballs.
View Quote

The guy holding the jacket was a fat guy who needed to "deflate". The whole string of "damning" text messages between the two started after a ref at a Pats-Jets game overinflated the balls to 15 psi. Brady bitched out the assistants instead of the ref and the incident became a running joke between the two.

Nobody who believes Brady is guilty will explain why 3 out of the 4 Colts balls tested were also under inflated.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought it was more probable than not that arfcom was generally aware that deflate gate was a complete joke and about the god king establishing the NFL's authority and not anything New England may have probably been aware of doing.

22 million dollar, 2 year battle, giant legalese piece of shit "investigation" that proved nothing except that the NFL and its investigators were incapable of understanding high school level science.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I thought it was more probable than not that arfcom was generally aware that deflate gate was a complete joke and about the god king establishing the NFL's authority and not anything New England may have probably been aware of doing.

22 million dollar, 2 year battle, giant legalese piece of shit "investigation" that proved nothing except that the NFL and its investigators were incapable of understanding high school level science.
View Quote

IMO deflategate was the dumbest NFL "scandal" I can remember.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still waiting for the NFL to release their findings from the full year of extended ball pressure testing for every game the next season.

Strange that they haven't talked about that. I wonder what the results could have been that they didn't quickly come running and shouting about it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rather pathetic when they were a good team in the playoffs not that long ago.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm still waiting for the NFL to release their findings from the full year of extended ball pressure testing for every game the next season.

Strange that they haven't talked about that. I wonder what the results could have been that they didn't quickly come running and shouting about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was mentioned in the article about the documentary...apparently it went down the memory hole.

The NFL would go on to get caught mischaracterizing testimony, providing the Patriots with bogus information to keep them on their heels and the next season even giving up on a supposed study of pressure levels that scientists guaranteed would prove Brady’s innocence … if actually conducted.

By 2016, when footballs in a Giants-Steelers game were recorded as below the league’s supposed standards, the NFL brushed it off as a natural occurrence. Of course.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's putting it lightly.

One year ago they had a 24-0 lead in a divisional playoff game with arguably the easiest path to a Super Bowl appearance ANY team has EVER had.

They end up allowing the other team to go on a 51-7 run, get blown out in probably the biggest non-Super Bowl postseason choke job in history, are one of the worst teams in the NFL the following season despite having a top 10 QB, don't any any picks in the first two rounds of the draft, and their franchise QB wants to leave.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Speaking of the Texans: when was the last time a team had their franchise QB play the whole season, their QB had a top 2 passer rating, and the team still had a record so bad they were slated to get a top 3 draft pick?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Speaking of the Texans: when was the last time a team had their franchise QB play the whole season, their QB had a top 2 passer rating, and the team still had a record so bad they were slated to get a top 3 draft pick?
View Quote

To be fair to the Texans they didn’t get the top 3 pick.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why I said they were slated to get it.  Not that they got it.

Though, just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "to be fair to the Texans"?  Usually when someone says that it's because they are defending something, but it seems to me not getting the pick makes it even worse.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looking at the stats he put up they should be a top 10 team at the end of the regular season. Just shows how much the team around him fucking sucked, and obvious people stopped giving a shit in the locker room. They're professionals getting paid a lot of money to perform but still humans with emotions, and hard to blame some guys for not giving 100% effort week after week when your own front office fucked the whole organization for years to come.

Even the teams that tank leverage that into draft picks, and the Texans don't even have that to build on. If you're going to suck at least do what the Browns and Miami did or some other teams where they have a fuck ton of good draft picks ahead of them. The Jets, Dolphins, and Jaguars are all top 8 teams in 2021 projected cap space. The Browns are also 12th on the list in positive cap. The Texans are NEGATIVE 17.6 million while they get to watch Miami pick a top 3 talent in this years draft with their pick.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Looking at the stats he put up they should be a top 10 team at the end of the regular season. Just shows how much the team around him fucking sucked, and obvious people stopped giving a shit in the locker room. They're professionals getting paid a lot of money to perform but still humans with emotions, and hard to blame some guys for not giving 100% effort week after week when your own front office fucked the whole organization for years to come.

Even the teams that tank leverage that into draft picks, and the Texans don't even have that to build on. If you're going to suck at least do what the Browns and Miami did or some other teams where they have a fuck ton of good draft picks ahead of them. The Jets, Dolphins, and Jaguars are all top 8 teams in 2021 projected cap space. The Browns are also 12th on the list in positive cap. The Texans are NEGATIVE 17.6 million while they get to watch Miami pick a top 3 talent in this years draft with their pick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno, man.  Consider the following:

- You have a 7 figure a year job (or at least mid-high 6 figure).

- There is no guarantee you'll have a job in 1-3 years.

- You only have to really "work" hard about 9 minutes a week.

- There are at least a dozen cameras watching you while you work.

- That footage will be used, in part, to determine your next job and how much you'll get paid.

Honestly, I can't think of a valid excuse for someone to halfass it in a situation like that.  I sure as hell wouldn't.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Though, just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "to be fair to the Texans"?  Usually when someone says that it's because they are defending something, but it seems to me not getting the pick makes it even worse.
View Quote

Only bad teams pick at the top of the draft. They aren’t picking until the third round. This is clearly a team with a solid foundation.

You just posted about how they had the chiefs on the ropes last year with an easy path to the SB. They could potentially upgrade their QB this off-season and be right back in the picture.

I mean it’s a long shot but it’s 2021 and 2020 taught me anything was possible.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Only bad teams pick at the top of the draft. They aren’t picking until the third round. This is clearly a team with a solid foundation.

You just posted about how they had the chiefs on the ropes last year with an easy path to the SB. They could potentially upgrade their QB this off-season and be right back in the picture.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

- That footage will be used, in part, to determine your next job and how much you'll get paid.

Honestly, I can't think of a valid excuse for someone to halfass it in a situation like that.  I sure as hell wouldn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theres always going to be some of that because people are people. Teams in positions of having to win to get a playoff spot play harder than guys who are planning their vacation out with a month to go because they already know their season ends the minute their week 17 game is over.

The guys that are on a contract year or need to get themselves on tape will do it if they want, and some guys are checking out vacation spots instead of pulling up game film on an opponent in a meaningless game.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What separates winners and losers is the hard work they do in the weight room, film study and on the practice field. Bad teams are bad all week.  

That is why a guy like Haskins got cut, he was bad all week and they were trying to build a better culture in Washington.  Houston has a terrible culture from the top down.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Theres always going to be some of that because people are people. Teams in positions of having to win to get a playoff spot play harder than guys who are planning their vacation out with a month to go because they already know their season ends the minute their week 17 game is over.

The guys that are on a contract year or need to get themselves on tape will do it if they want, and some guys are checking out vacation spots instead of pulling up game film on an opponent in a meaningless game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't talking about whether or not some players phone it in.  I was responding specifically to your "hard to blame them" comment.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree, but it's a personality/mentality thing. Some people can't help it IMO, at least not without some soul searching.

You'd like to think people with the drive & talent to reach the NFL would have " it" but not all of them have faced that kind of scenario before, at least on the field.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Today's NFL Turning Point, young Bucs stealing the show.

How the Young Bucs Stole the Show from Brees & Brady | NFL Turning Point

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I wasn't talking about whether or not some players phone it in.  I was responding specifically to your "hard to blame them" comment.
View Quote

Theres a difference when you're on a team with a winning attitude and culture vs. a team that put BOB in charge then fired him after he set the franchise back years.

I'm someone who responds well to a positive team environment, and people around you can give you extra motivation to make hard work easier. Putting in hard work becomes a suck fest and discouraging when the attitude around you is piss poor. I absolutely hate a work environment where everyone is constantly bitching and there's a constant stream of negativity. Putting in that extra little bit of work or detail into something becomes a lot easier to ignore and say "fuck it". Time drags on and on.

Positive environments change all of that to where time flies by, hard work becomes a sense of pride, and you feel like other people are setting you up for success.

Of course with the way the NFL works they are all big boys and can make their own decisions. Dudes on the bubble or looking for a FA contract next season can motivate themselves outside of the team culture.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Theres a difference when you're on a team with a winning attitude and culture vs. a team that put BOB in charge then fired him after he set the franchise back years.

I'm someone who responds well to a positive team environment, and people around you can give you extra motivation to make hard work easier. Putting in hard work becomes a suck fest and discouraging when the attitude around you is piss poor. I absolutely hate a work environment where everyone is constantly bitching and there's a constant stream of negativity. Putting in that extra little bit of work or detail into something becomes a lot easier to ignore and say "fuck it". Time drags on and on.

Positive environments change all of that to where time flies by, hard work becomes a sense of pride, and you feel like other people are setting you up for success.

Of course with the way the NFL works they are all big boys and can make their own decisions. Dudes on the bubble or looking for a FA contract next season can motivate themselves outside of the team culture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're getting paid 7 figures a year I don't think it's a lot to ask to bust your ass for 9 minutes over the course of 3 hours 16 times a year regardless of whether or not your employers are providing you with a positive work environment, your coworkers are giving you motivation, etc.

Personally, a 7 figure salary with my future employment on the line is all the motivation I would need regardless of what anyone else was doing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I was curious what the bet was so I looked it up.  You bet in July that the 2016 Cowboys would have a record worse than 8-8.  I bet their record would be better.  Right after the deal was struck you said you were breaking out your "Romo voodoo doll" and then Romo went down in the preseason.

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_melif5gGVQ1r7a2bao1_400.gif
View Quote

I thought it was a pretty darn safe bet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:16:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't forget about Mason Crosby
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silver Fox

Crosby kicks a 51-yard Field Goal - Green Bay Packers vs Dallas Cowboys - NFL Playoff Divisional

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good call, I wasn't thinking ST.

I was more thinking about guys who can tell the younger guys what it's like to actually play in one. I'm sure your kicker can do that...but lets be honest, it's going to be completely different than your QB or a defensive leader talking about it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Deflategate was a complete nothingburger. I don't know for certain why Brady destroyed evidence, maybe there was some far higher level cheating going on, but as far as the pressure of the footballs it's been proven over and over that there is absolutely nothing damning in the facts of the case. Pressure drops when temperature does, and there were no controlled tests to prove that the Pats' balls were illegal. No proof whatsoever.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure hope he's fully healthy.

Very good chance we'll need accurate kicking on Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Multiple posters in this thread have called GB +14, are they going to FG them to death?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Multiple posters in this thread have called GB +14, are they going to FG them to death?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If GB wins by 14 I'll dance a jig. I am skeptical that will happen. I think both sides will score 28+, and it will come down to who can make a few more stops in the red zone and in the 4th quarter.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:58:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If GB wins by 14 I'll dance a jig. I am skeptical that will happen. I think both sides will score 28+, and it will come down to who can make a few more stops in the red zone and in the 4th quarter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it comes down to a couple defensive stops in the 4th quarter I like the Bucs. If the Packers let the Bucs hang around until the end of the game, the Bucs have the superior defense and captain 4th quarter himself.
If the Packers win, it has to be just putting their foot down on the Bucs all game long just like the Saints did to the Bucs in the first two meetings this season.

3 of the Bucs 5 losses came in games in which they trailed by multiple scores.
The other 2 were against the Rams (1st defense) and the Bears at the beginning of the season when they were still a top 5 defense, and were by 3 and 1 points.

Packers need to be in the first category, not the second.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If it comes down to a couple defensive stops in the 4th quarter I like the Bucs. If the Packers let the Bucs hang around until the end of the game, the Bucs have the superior defense and captain 4th quarter himself.
If the Packers win, it has to be just putting their foot down on the Bucs all game long just like the Saints did to the Bucs in the first two meetings this season.

The other 2 were against the Rams (1st defense) and the Bears at the beginning of the season when they were still a top 5 defense, and were by 3 and 1 points.

View Quote

IMO, GB doesn't play well when they get ahead early because they don't keep their foot on the gas. They've been good about being able to throttle back up when necessary, but that's a dangerous game when you play Brady and a opportunistic defense. It's possible they win that way, but it's one that makes me nervous.

Honestly, if GB wins I see it as more of a back and forth. Not necessarily a shootout per se, but something where the thought of "playing it safe" doesn't become the strategy. Those are actually situations where GB's defense has been able to come up with late game stops via INT's or big sacks.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

IMO, GB doesn't play well when they get ahead early because they don't keep their foot on the gas. They've been good about being able to throttle back up when necessary, but that's a dangerous game when you play Brady and a opportunistic defense. It's possible they win that way, but it's one that makes me nervous.

Honestly, if GB wins I see it as more of a back and forth. Not necessarily a shootout per se, but something where the thought of "playing it safe" doesn't become the strategy. Those are actually situations where GB's defense has been able to come up with late game stops via INT's or big sacks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't watched a lot of Packers games this season, so just going off stat sheets. It could simply be because they didn't have the opportunities because they were so proficient, but out of all their victories, only 2 came when they didn't have a 10+ point lead with 10 minutes remaining. One was the shootout with the Saints. One was a 4th quarter comeback, 3 point win, over the Jaguars. So in 12 of their 14 wins (including the post season) they had at LEAST a 10 point lead with 10 minutes left. Many of them were far more than 10 points, where they either kept gassing or just put it in cruise and coasted to an easy win.

For their 3 losses, they were dominated by the Bucs and the Vikings, and then lost a close one with the Colts.

So there really isn't enough to say they could consistently win close ones this year, since they haven't had to. Their 3 closest games, they lost 1 to the Colts, barely beat the shit Jaguars, and then beat the Saints by 1 possession. So 1-1 against playoff teams, and 1-0 against the #1 drafting Jags.
But you can definitely say their MO this season (by statistical appearances) has been to get up early and either continue or hang on until the end.

The Bucs also won a lot of games handily, but they also have had some pretty substantial come back games. But then again they also have a loss by 3 to the Chiefs, a loss by 3 to the Rams and a loss by 1 to the Bears. The bigger difference for the games they won handily in is that they did most of the scoring in the 3rd and 4th quarters. They were 3rd in the NFL in 3rd quarter points, and 2nd in 4th quarter points. The Packers were TWENTY SECOND in 4th quarter points...

If it is close in the 4th, I'm taking the Bucs.

Edit: For context, Packers were 17th in the 1st qtr, 1st in the 2nd, 4th in the 3rd and then 22 in the 4th. So they start slow, fucking kill it in the middle, then cruise in the 4th. Statistically speaking.
Bucs are 13th in the 1st, 4th in the 2nd, 3rd in the 3rd and 2nd in the 4th. So start slow but then are just better and better and better until the end.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:02:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Haven't watched a lot of Packers games this season, so just going off stat sheets. It could simply be because they didn't have the opportunities because they were so proficient, but out of all their victories, only 2 came when they didn't have a 10+ point lead with 10 minutes remaining. One was the shootout with the Saints. One was a 4th quarter comeback, 3 point win, over the Jaguars. So in 12 of their 14 wins (including the post season) they had at LEAST a 10 point lead with 10 minutes left. Many of them were far more than 10 points, where they either kept gassing or just put it in cruise and coasted to an easy win.

For their 3 losses, they were dominated by the Bucs and the Vikings, and then lost a close one with the Colts.

So there really isn't enough to say they could consistently win close ones this year, since they haven't had to. Their 3 closest games, they lost 1 to the Colts, barely beat the shit Jaguars, and then beat the Saints by 1 possession. So 1-1 against playoff teams, and 1-0 against the #1 drafting Jags.
But you can definitely say their MO this season (by statistical appearances) has been to get up early and either continue or hang on until the end.

The Bucs also won a lot of games handily, but they also have had some pretty substantial come back games. But then again they also have a loss by 3 to the Chiefs, a loss by 3 to the Rams and a loss by 1 to the Bears. The bigger difference for the games they won handily in is that they did most of the scoring in the 3rd and 4th quarters. They were 3rd in the NFL in 3rd quarter points, and 2nd in 4th quarter points. The Packers were TWENTY SECOND in 4th quarter points...

If it is close in the 4th, I'm taking the Bucs.

Edit: For context, Packers were 17th in the 1st qtr, 1st in the 2nd, 4th in the 3rd and then 22 in the 4th. So they start slow, fucking kill it in the middle, then cruise in the 4th. Statistically speaking.
Bucs are 13th in the 1st, 4th in the 2nd, 3rd in the 3rd and 2nd in the 4th. So start slow but then are just better and better and better until the end.
View Quote

Take this year & last into account. When they get up in the 1st half they let way too many teams hang around.

Think 2019 Packers vs Cowboys, but not all the games to that extreme.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:10:29 AM EDT
[#50]
304 pages of the gheys.
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top