Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 415
Posted: 3/18/2020 12:15:37 AM EDT
league year started 15 min ago east coast time...

Quoted:
As a reminder, here's the upcoming schedule:

Feb. 23: The earliest day teams can place franchise or transition designations on players in advance of free agency. Both tags are designed to ensure that a team doesn’t lose a select free agent on the open market without some form of compensation.

March 9: The deadline for franchise and transition tag use is 4 p.m. ET.

March 15-17: The three-day stretch known as the “legal tampering window” commences. Teams can engage in dialogue with the representatives of free agent players from other teams but cannot officially sign any such players to contracts.

March 17: The 2021 league year officially kicks off at 4 p.m. ET, and so does the start of free agency. Teams can begin signing free agents to contracts.

April 5: This should mark the date when teams that have hired new head coaches can begin offseason workout programs. However, COVID protocol will likely affect these arrangements. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell indicated last week leading up to the Super Bowl that the NFL and NFL Players Association could agree to modified offseason program formats. Last season, teams held virtual workouts rather than in-person conditioning programs. People familiar with preliminary discussions expect the same this time around.

April 19: Teams with returning head coaches can begin offseason workouts. But again, these workouts are likely to take place virtually.

April 23: The deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer streets.

April 28: The last day for clubs to match offer sheets for restricted free agents.

April 29-May 1: The 2021 NFL draft is slated for Cleveland. Considering how last year’s draft took place virtually, it’s possible that the league’s top prospects will not be on hand for this event.

I think contract extensions can now be signed whenever. Trades can be "agreed upon in principle," but they cannot be officially announced or take effect until March 17th.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#1]
In.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#2]
obligatory HTTR post.

Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:57:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:01:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will be weird seeing Brady in a Bucs jersey.
View Quote
As a Dolphins fan I'm celebrating the end of the Patriots dynasty. The pats are going to take 3rd or 4th in the division this year. BB will probably retire at the end of the season.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:04:23 AM EDT
[#7]
In on 1
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:06:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Tom Brady’s career will end this year with a whimper.

Patriots will be mediocre and miss the playoffs.

Chiefs will win another SB this year.

Book it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:11:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Book it.
View Quote
I believe all of that except the Chiefs winning the SB this year. I think it will be an NFC team, mor than likely from the NFC West.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:12:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Subbed
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:19:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It will be weird seeing Brady in a Bucs jersey.
View Quote
Shit, Jason Witten signed with the Raiders. How much weirder is Brady than that? Not much, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Chiefs will win another SB this year. Book it.
View Quote
You might want to go back & learn-up on what's called the "Super Bowl hangover". I think the last exam to repeat a SB win was John Elway's Broncos, was it not?
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:23:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Page 1 is franchise tagged.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:26:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:54:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh.  You were serious.

View Quote
ya, the Pats are going back to being the laughing stock of the AFC East. Without Brady they are not the same team. The Bills and the Dolphins will finish above the Patriots.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:59:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:01:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Can't believe Brady is actually gone.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:02:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Chase Daniel to Detroit! One of the best career backup QBs of all time. He will now have been a Lion, a Tiger, and a Bear. Oh my.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:03:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Bills, maybe.  The Dolphins, lol, will be bottom feeders with the Jets.
View Quote
Nope, their defense will be top 15 and that's enough to be better than the pats.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:04:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Book it.
View Quote
I hope the chiefs don't win. They shouldn't have won last month. Garapollo turns it over too much.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:05:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:13:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
As a Dolphins fan I'm celebrating the end of the Patriots dynasty. The pats are going to take 3rd or 4th in the division this year. BB will probably retire at the end of the season.
View Quote
Keep thinking that. Your nightmare isn’t going anywhere. Brady is 50 percent of what he was and they still won the division. Stidham is gonna break it off in the AFCE for the next 15 years. And no I’m not delusional. Brady had been declining for the past 2 years. Slow to react, slow to make decisions. Bad inaccurate passes to guys like White and Edelman.

A new young QB on BB’s leash with McD running the offense? Stud o line and a stable of RBs with 12 picks in the draft. Sorry, your boy Flores’ big shot was this season. Now, harder schedule and be just good enough to never get better.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:14:48 AM EDT
[#24]
3 (or at least 2) future Hall of Famers who have played their entire 15+ year careers with the same team will be playing for different teams this season.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:15:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
ya, the Pats are going back to being the laughing stock of the AFC East. Without Brady they are not the same team. The Bills and the Dolphins will finish above the Patriots.
View Quote
More delusion. Man it must really suck to have a false sense of hope.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Keep thinking that. Your nightmare isn't going anywhere. Brady is 50 percent of what he was and they still won the division. Stidham is gonna break it off in the AFCE for the next 15 years. And no I'm not delusional. Brady had been declining for the past 2 years. Slow to react, slow to make decisions. Bad inaccurate passes to guys like White and Edelman.

A new young QB on BB's leash with McD running the offense? Stud o line and a stable of RBs with 12 picks in the draft. Sorry, your boy Flores' big shot was this season. Now, harder schedule and be just good enough to never get better.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:18:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Pats better pick up somebody, instead of relying on Stidham.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't believe Brady is actually gone.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:22:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:24:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
People in the know (non Pats personnel) think Stidham is a stud. They say he has the “it” factor. Now, whether that proves itself remains to be seen. He did not look great in his game action this season, but he was a rookie with not many practice reps with first team. However, after that  he started to get more reps as old man Brady needed more and more days off from practice as the season went on. Scuttlebutt is he improved dramatically as he got more comfortable.

I’m sure when Montana got released NFCW teams’ fans were doing cartwheels until Young broke it off in them even longer.

My guess? Same scenario here.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:24:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will say that the Pats will be 3rd in their division, behind the Bills and Miami. Miami is building a good defense right now. The Jets once again will be taking up the rear.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:27:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Updated Super Bowl odds after all the moves of the past 48 hours.

The biggest changes were the Texans taking a nosedive after O’Brien’s latest moronic trade and the Bucs shooting up to 6th after replacing Crab Legs with the GOAT.

Kansas City Chiefs +500

Baltimore Ravens +650

San Francisco 49ers +1200

Dallas Cowboys +1500

New Orleans Saints +1500

Tampa Bay Buccanneers +1800

Green Bay Packers +2000

Seattle Seahawks +2000

Philadelphia Eagles +2500

Pittsburgh Steelers +2500

Buffalo Bills +3000

Indianapolis Colts +3000

New England Patriots +3000

Chicago Bears +3500

Cleveland Browns +4000

Los Angeles Rams +4000

Minnesota Vikings +4000

Arizona Cardinals +5000

Las Vegas Raiders +5000

Los Angeles Chargers +5000

Tennessee Titans +5000

Atlanta Falcons +6000

Denver Broncos +6000

New York Giants +6000

New York Jets +7500

Houston Texans +8000

Miami Dolphins +10000

Detroit Lions +12500

Carolina Panthers +15000

Washington Redskins +25000

Cincinnati Bengals +30000

Jacksonville Jaguars +30000
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:30:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Won’t be laughing at the end of the season saying wtf just happened? But keep being delusional. It’s kept you sane as a sports fan for so long, might as well keep it up. The Championship DNA is there for the Pats. That doesn’t just disappear. If BB and McD were both gone and the defense sucked I’d be more worried.

Are you a Bills fan? Who was the DPoY? I can’t remember his name and if he is even playing next year...
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:33:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.  You were serious.

If you’re feeling confident, here are the current odds to win the AFC East:

Patriots -120

Bills +160

Jets +600

Dolphins +1000
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:35:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Updated Super Bowl odds after all the moves of the past 48 hours.

The biggest changes were the Texans taking a nosedive after O’Brien’s latest moronic trade and the Bucs shooting up to 6th after replacing Crab Legs with the GOAT.

Kansas City Chiefs +500

Baltimore Ravens +650

San Francisco 49ers +1200

Dallas Cowboys +1500

New Orleans Saints +1500

Tampa Bay Buccanneers +1800

Green Bay Packers +2000

Seattle Seahawks +2000

Philadelphia Eagles +2500

Pittsburgh Steelers +2500

Buffalo Bills +3000

Indianapolis Colts +3000

New England Patriots +3000

Chicago Bears +3500

Cleveland Browns +4000

Los Angeles Rams +4000

Minnesota Vikings +4000

Arizona Cardinals +5000

Las Vegas Raiders +5000

Los Angeles Chargers +5000

Tennessee Titans +5000

Atlanta Falcons +6000

Denver Broncos +6000

New York Giants +6000

New York Jets +7500

Houston Texans +8000

Miami Dolphins +10000

Detroit Lions +12500

Carolina Panthers +15000

Washington Redskins +25000

Cincinnati Bengals +30000

Jacksonville Jaguars +30000
View Quote
Finally I see my skins trending in the right direction.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:36:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:37:59 AM EDT
[#36]
#GoPackGo

Brady/Bucs will be a better team than the Pats this year
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:56:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Patriots -120

Bills +160

Jets +600

Dolphins +1000
View Quote
Hmmm....
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 6:55:29 AM EDT
[#38]
In.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#39]
OST
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#40]
What are the Bucs going to do with Winston ?

Or have they already dumped him ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Fuck the NFL
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Go Pack. Go Browns. Go Eagles.

To Hell with everyone else.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You might want to go back & learn-up on what's called the "Super Bowl hangover". I think the last exam to repeat a SB win was John Elway's Broncos, was it not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Super Bowl Hangover is usually talking about the loser of the Super Bowl having a bad year the next year. Repeats aren't all that uncommon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pats, Broncos, and Cowboys have all won back to backs in the last 30 years.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Rams are gonna win it all this year...
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Fuck the NFL
View Quote
Go start another virus thread.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#47]
The league year doesn't technically start until this afternoon.

Since this is my first post of the thread, I think I'm supposed to post things like this?

Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think the Bucs will have a decent year this year.  Playoffs, but not past the 2nd round.

The Pats, depending on who they pick up for QB, will be a playoff team as well. No matter what, they will have a winning season though.

The Cheifs will get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.  If they sneak in as a wild card.
View Quote

Get your carbon monoxide detector checked ASAP.

Quoted:

I hope the chiefs don't win. They shouldn't have won last month. Garapollo turns it over too much.
View Quote

Maybe the 49ers shouldn't give up 21 unanswered points in the last 10 minutes of the game.

But their HC specializes in that sort of thing, so they'll probably do it again.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Patriots -120

Bills +160

Jets +600

Dolphins +1000
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.  You were serious.

Patriots -120

Bills +160

Jets +600

Dolphins +1000
If I were a betting man, knowing what we know right now, I'd put my money on the Bills.

The Bills have a damn good defense that is well established and, I think, remaining intact. On the offensive side, they just landed a playmaker that can impact games. Stefon Diggs may not be some crazy elite guy, but he's still a damn good WR, and having him out there is going to create opportunities for the other WRs/TEs.

Meanwhile, in the last month or two, the Patriots have lost their franchise QB, their two best pass rushers, Coach Scar, and their special teams coordinator. Looking at their roster, the only area that looks good right now is their defensive secondary. If they don't make some significant moves and/or kill it in the draft, 2020 is going to be a rough season for the Pats. Belichick is going to be trying to build a team out of popsicle sticks and duct tape like Tomlin was last year.

The Dolphins are loading up on talent right now, they still have plenty of cap space, and they have a war chest of draft picks. It's going to take time for all those pieces to gel and for the schemes to get established, but I don't see them being basement dwellers this year. They should be better than the Jets. They might pass the Pats, but I wouldn't bet on it. But they could still party like the Browns, too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top