Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2001 1:12:43 PM EDT
  Hey guys,....I picked up an issue of "GUNS" magazine yesterday, and read a letter to the editor that quoted Charlton Heston as saying he feels it is "inappropriate for anyone to own an AK 47"..... Is this old news that I missed? Or is it misinformation? whats the deal?
                                      [:\]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it is true. He said that during an interview at a san francisco radio station. He has since then tried to backtrack saying he meant machineguns, which only pissed off more people.

IMO heston is only good for reading prepared statements.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Paul almost had it right...what he meant to say was "Inappropriate for anyone to own an AK47 UNLESS they own an AR first!"
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#5]
He said "It is inappropriate for anyone to own a Semi-Automatic AK47." "They should own Fully Automatic AK47!"[:D]
Lynn  [uzi]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Chuck is just a talking head. I appreciate his commitment but He aint the brightest star in the sky
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe he said "I hear AK-47.net is for sale".
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#8]
How about this:  It is inappropriate for anyone to own an AK-47 as they are the products of communist nations.  Instead people should be purchasing AMERICAN made AR-15 type rifles, and not supporting communist regimes.

But if you get a really good deal on a used one, go for it.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#9]
  My concern over this is wether the NRA will protect our rights to own "EVIL" "MEAN" "NASTY" weapons with those "EXTRA SUPER DEADLY" pistol grips, detachable mags, and "REALLY REALLY REALLY DEADLY" bayonet lugs. Or will they only stick up for deer rifles, and bird guns.
I am thinking of joining the NRA, but all of my weapons are "[red]DEVIL GUNS[/red]" I hope they wont punk out.

Link Posted: 5/17/2001 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:I am thinking of joining the NRA,...
View Quote

Stop Right There!!  Join Gun Owners of America
[url]http://www.gunowers.org[/url]  Don't waste your money on the nra

Quoted:
...but all of my weapons are "[red]DEVIL GUNS[/red]"...
View Quote

Even more reason to join GOA!!
[url]http://www.gunowers.org[/url]

Also take a look at KeepAndBearArms.com [url]http://www.keepandbeararms.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Should be gunowNers, right?

Anyone here signed up for the long distance plan they have?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
  Hey guys,....I picked up an issue of "GUNS" magazine yesterday, and read a letter to the editor that quoted Charlton Heston as saying he feels it is "inappropriate for anyone to own an AK 47"..... Is this old news that I missed? Or is it misinformation? whats the deal?
                                      [:\]
View Quote

I guess I'm very unappropriate!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Actually, MOSES does`nt really understand the concept........[uzi]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Chuck is just a talking head. I appreciate his commitment but He aint the brightest star in the sky
View Quote

What he said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top