Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2001 10:49:07 AM EDT
Just got back from my local gunshop and they had these selling for $499. I'm interested in something .308 and this caught my eye. Opinions anyone?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#1]
i heard that the hesse receiver rifles are not that well made.mmk
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed...if it is a Hesse receiver I say pass it up.

If it isn't...maybe...I've shot several, and aside from eating the brass and having a MB they're nice.

I hate MBs...

peace!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
had prob with hesse before i think its crap lowest bidder type weapon
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#6]
btt
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Most of the CETME's out there were assembled by Century Arms International.  Century orignally used cast stainless steel receivers from Special Weapons.  These are usually good weapons.  From what I can tell, the SW receivers ran out and they started using Hesse receivers.  The Hesse receiver CETME's do not have a good reputation for quality and reliability.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got one and they are great deals.You need to get one that has(believe it or not)the Special Weapons stainless steel receiver.The S.W. receiver has the paddle sight rear sight and the Hesse has the drum rear sight.

The wood furniture is great looking on these.Accuracy is OK,for $500 bocks you can't expect sub MOA.I mean I don't expect the same results as I get out of my $1500 AR10.It should come with 2 20 rd CETME mags.They are curved instead of straight like the HK 20 rd mags.

aimsurplus.com did have the 20rd mags for 5 for $100.Usually they run $25 each.The only problem you might find is there's not enough adjustment in the front sight when you zero it in.Century,the manufactore,had a problem when they 1st built these.They will fix it if you send it back no questions asked,no charge.I sent mine back and it cost $10 UPS and I had it back in 3 weeks.

Don't let this scare you,as you are getting the very reliable HK operation(delayed blowback)for a fraction of the cost of a HK.You will not have a "REAL HK" but you won't pay real HK prices.

I would certainly buy another if I could hide enogh stash money from momma.Check out HK91.com for more info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top