Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2001 7:52:17 AM EDT
I am going to buy an AR this weekend but I haven't been able to find much information concerning the type of scope one would use on the shorty carbines?What scope do you all have on your AR's and how accurate are they?I heard the Bushy's are real accurate for the $$.Thanks in advance for any and all help,Josey
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
My Oly M4gery will get 2-3" groups at 100 yds with open sights. With PMC ammo.

I'm sure I could do 1.5" with a scope.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]
With properly adjusted iron sights added, the LEGP rifles will do 2" or better, all day long!

Priced at only $660 ([i]and being the "official" AR15.COM rifle[/i]), you may want to take a very serious look at these...  [url]www.castle-arms.com[/url]

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/rifle/rifle.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/rifle/engraving.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#3]
it depends on the ammo and the shooter
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
On my M4, I use a Trijicon ACOG NSN and love it. It was specifically designed for carbines and calibrated for the 5.56 round.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an OLY M4gery, National Match rear sights (it came that way....16" barrel/NM sights....). It has a 16" stainless barrel with a phantom FS. I have shot appx 300 rnds through it. 1st time shooting at appx 25 yds. 1 and 3 shot into the same hole (I jerked the 2nd, my bad). Next time at appx 100 yds., 2 consecutive shots in the same hole. I haven't tried zeroing because I AM replacing th NM rear sights. But my point is the weapon is very accurate, far more accurate than me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top