Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2001 6:58:57 PM EDT
They asked for me, said who I was. Then they asked if I was over 18. I said no... then he asked if there was another person in the houseold named Cody. I stated no.

Then he said he was from the NRA, and asking me why I havent renewed my membership, and that kinda bull.

I said it was a little odd having them call me like this over the phone.

The name then states that the UNITED NATIONS is trying to have some kinda meeting, where they wanna ban all small arms. And how they're trying to sneak it past the media. And how the NRA will be there with "full force"

They said they'd send me a letter asking me to join for 5 years, and I said, I'll think about it. The guy said OK, great.   That was about the end of it...

anyone else had this happen before????
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
put yer tin-foil hat on brother, that wasn't the NRA.

NSF
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  I just sent in my first NRA membership check a few days ago.  If they call me and tell me to "prepare for the worst", I'll get back to ya...

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
think it was bs?
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeh.  For sure.  You are under 18 and they want you?  Nah.  Someone wants your info.  I would unplug the phone, turn the lights out, and sleep with my rifle.  I do that every  night.

NSF
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
well, they had my address, and i just varified it.

shit.   captain obvious isnt feeling very good anymore.....
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
DUDE ONLY TWO POSTS TILL YOU ARE S.M.  You can do it!!!

NSF
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF! the server cheated me a post!!!!!

i should be at 250 counting this one....... but only 249.. strange. i'm 100% sure my last one was 249, but it only says 248...
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#8]
On another note.  You are pegged for something.  Watch your six when you go out.  Start memorizing plates of cars you see around you.  Any repeating numbers that are not verifiably neighbors or friends should be put under survelince.  start running mid-night observations and recon missions in and around your home.  Check everything for bugs, especially the phone, and only use yours to order pizza, buy supermarket calling cards to place personal calls on pay phones located in shopping malls and supermarkets.  

Just friendly advice from a guy who knows he's under survelience.

NSF
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
On another note.  You are pegged for something.  Watch your six when you go out.  Start memorizing plates of cars you see around you.  Any repeating numbers that are not verifiably neighbors or friends should be put under survelince.  start running mid-night observations and recon missions in and around your home.  Check everything for bugs, especially the phone, and only use yours to order pizza, buy supermarket calling cards to place personal calls on pay phones located in shopping malls and supermarkets.  

Just friendly advice from a guy who knows he's under survelience.

NSF
View Quote

Yo man, i already do that.......

anytime i'm on the high way, i see a plate i dont reconize, i write it down, and have  acopper friend of mine run it, lol

SENIOR MEMBER!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got a call to thats the first time the NRA has called me a bit strange. they wanted me to renew for 5 yrs when I said no they got pushy for me to renew for 2 or 3 yrs. the talk I got was the UN was holding a special meeting classifying all guns as military thus illegal for citizens to own. Countries like Libya, Iran, Iraq, and Syria would be there.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Good thing you have LEO friends.  Now try to get some Fed friends.  A couple of Class 3 friends are welcome to, they have an "inside" scoop on certain issues.  Hang around your LEO buddies alot and you'll meet one who's braggin about their friends in the Gov.  Take that guy out to dinner.  Tell him to bring the "buds" to poker night.  Make good friends and always be there with a beer to sucker some info they have that they are just dieing to share.  Never let them know you own guns.  Never, it changes things.

Congrats on the SM status!

NSF
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just got a call to thats the first time the NRA has called me a bit strange. they wanted me to renew for 5 yrs when I said no they got pushy for me to renew for 2 or 3 yrs. the talk I got was the UN was holding a special meeting classifying all guns as military thus illegal for citizens to own. Countries like Libya, Iran, Iraq, and Syria would be there.
View Quote

yup, that's what happened to me....

i didn't renew because i was tried of them asking for money all the time... and now they call me.. humm... think i might f the NRA, and go with GOA, or SOF.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Holy $h|t!  I'm putting on [i]my[/i] tinfoil hat after that exchange! LOL!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I do support the NRA thats whats wierd. As far as those of you that are tired of the NRA asking for money just send the cancer society or other group money and see what happens. The NRA has the lobbying power cause of donations. And the NRA is the biggest gun rights lobbying groups in the U.S. If you are tired of the donation requests from the NRA just through the mail away(or is it to big a hassle to walk to the garbage can?)otherwise send them a buck or two when you can.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:05:07 AM EDT
[#15]
NRA has their own telemarketing group.  They call members frequently because they've already given money once and are most likely to do it again.  No grand conspiracy here.

Norm
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Because my healthy contributions to the NRA, I used to be in their ‘most wanted list’, I was the first one they called asking for money,  I am a believer so I always send it, in exchange, they will always send me ‘goodies’ like books and others, they never sounded ‘pushy’, that is not their style.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#17]
The NRA does call people.  They recently called a friend of mine trying to get him to sign up for a 5 year membership, which he did.  He's getting the NRA mag and everything, so it's legit.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Cover the inside of your car in tin foil and line the inside of your attic and walls in it as well.

They are unto us in a bad way.

The Mongoose, who is on the way to the Dollar mart to pick up more tin foil.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I am not near this cautious.  Is it too late for me?  Am I pegged?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah.
NRA my a$$....

o0o
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#21]
The NRA calls me @ least once a month. My Senator and Congressman call me occasionally about stuff! Want to know my opinions and such!
Funny the Democrats quit calling...Guess they didn't like my answers![;D]
Watch your back bro! Tin Foil Hats on!
Lynn  [heavy][uzi]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Got a problem guys..
Whenever I put on my tinfoil
hat,its real shiny.If I spray
paint it flat black or OD
will that take away its reflection
capabilities??????????????????????

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I got a call from the NRA about a month ago. I wasn't even a member! Some woman asked if I supported the 2nd Amendment, if I felt people should own guns, etc. Then asked if I would listen to a 2 minute recording from Wayne LaPierre! I said groovy and after the recording some guy came on and asked if I wanted to join. I had JUST walked in the door returning from a gun show when the phone rang! I asked how they got my name, figuring calling people at random and asking if the wanted to listen to Wayne LaPierre wouldn't be very productive. They said they must have gotten my name from some gun buy or something. Weird after just returning from a gun show! Of course I joined up, had been meaning to anyway. I think Chuck Heston might be following me....
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#24]
  Good news for everyone! I just got off the phone with Elvis. Elvis said that Jimmy Hoffa was in charge of the new nationwide telephone drive for the NRA. Apparently the driving force behind the scenes of this new initiative is Marilyn Monroe.
  I know for a fact that Marilyn is having an affair with the Mall Ninja because I saw her fondling his six shooter at the last star trek convention that was held in Area 51 out in Nevada. The highlight of the convention is when I won the raffle for the preban cold fusion laser gun.

Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
  Good news for everyone! I just got off the phone with Elvis. Elvis said that Jimmy Hoffa was in charge of the new nationwide telephone drive for the NRA. Apparently the driving force behind the scenes of this new initiative is Marilyn Monroe.
  I know for a fact that Marilyn is having an affair with the Mall Ninja because I saw her fondling his six shooter at the last star trek convention that was held in Area 51 out in Nevada. The highlight of the convention is when I won the raffle for the preban cold fusion laser gun.

View Quote

Elvis killed Jim Morrison, Jimi, Janis. Jerry Garcia killed Elvis
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Holy $h|t!  I'm putting on [i]my[/i] tinfoil hat after that exchange! LOL!
View Quote

Can I come out from under my desk now? [:O]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top