Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/27/2019 1:14:18 PM EDT
VIDEO: Milford mall fights close mall early

Major fights broke out at a Connecticut mall, forcing authorities to shutter the shopping center hours early, according to police and new reports.

The fights — involving “in excess of a couple hundred” people — broke out around 6 p.m. Thursday at the Connecticut Post Mall in Milford, where panicked shoppers streamed out three hours before its usual closing time, police told local outlet WTNH.

“This whole situation was crazy,” New Haven resident Monae Moye told the station. “They were fighting in the food court… All I saw was somebody, they swung and hit somebody in the head and that person just fell out. It was like they hit them so hard, it was so crazy.”

Milford Police tweeted that “several fights” prompted the closure and that multiple police departments responded to help contain the chaos.

“Because the safety and security of our shoppers, employees and retailers is our top priority, we worked closely and in full cooperation with Milford PD and other local law enforcement to clear mall common areas,” mall officials said in a statement issued to the station.

“We will continue to work diligently with local law enforcement to prevent future incidents. We are reviewing our policy regarding juvenile patrons and will make any necessary modifications needed to provide a safe and comfortable shopping environment.”

Despite speculation on social media that shots were fired, police spokesman Officer Mike DeVito told The Connecticut Post that wasn’t the case.

There was no immediate word of injuries or arrests.

The Westfarms Mall in Farmington also saw several fights break out Thursday night, leading to the arrest of two people, but the mall remained open, according to the report.

Thursday’s fracas occurred exactly a year after cops arrested one juvenile following several “disturbances and altercations” at the Milford mall, the outlet reported.

Linky
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#1]
They never turn it off.

Never.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
13/52
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Get rid of the bus stop and the problem goes away.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
They just wanted to sit in the front of the bus.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, must have had one hell of a beef jerky store in that mall.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Pass a law outlawing fighting in malls. Then post a “no fighting allowed” sign on the door. That should work.

Or, just rename the place as an “employment center”.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#7]
So the kids used social media accounts to send out wilding invites to meet up at that mall.

Parents no longer give a shit what they’re kids are doing, where they’re going, what time it is, who they’re hanging around with.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Should have locked the doors and went in with dogs and clubs.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Fights were organized on social media
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Parents no longer give a shit what they’re kids are doing, where they’re going, what time it is, who they’re hanging around with.
View Quote
You just come out of a coma? Hoodrats have been running wild for 50 years.

I can remember standing on a foot post around eleven o'clock at night, when about a dozen kids walked by.
Oldest one couldn't have been more than twelve. One look and you knew, they were going to work.
That was 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Milford -LOL
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Love how the news station made the video tiny, only showed a tiny clip and de-rez'd it enough so you can't really tell anything from it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Love how the news station made the video tiny, only showed a tiny clip and de-rez'd it enough so you can't really tell anything from it.
View Quote
Did they show anything other than the people fleeing?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Shit don't even need video. Just the title alone tells me everything I need to know about the individuals involved
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Milford -LOL
View Quote
Midnight jai alai?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#16]
With the decline of Malls in the US, the ones still open are tending to be taken over by the bus crowd.  The one near me has only one anchor store left (had 3 originally) and has a huge arcade center where a Macy's used to be.  When that opened the Mall had the same type of fighting situation by the same type of "people."  The mall is mostly empty but it's very enriched now along with a police presence pretty much all the time.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Unless my eyes deceive me, I believe the media is pulling a fast one. That footage that they show on the fight is not the fight. that appears to be decent people of all Stripes running out the exit away from the fight. I wonder why that is?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Personal responsibility.

Ownership of actions.

All very lacking.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#19]
This right here is why single stack 45s are not good carry guns.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Midnight jai alai?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Milford -LOL
Midnight jai alai?
The Jai-Alai place is LONG gone. . . Did work up there nearby a LONG time ago.  We went in there for lunch.  I won a couple of bucks . . .
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#22]
THE MALL OF PEACE
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I can’t believe the news station enabled comments
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Do you think they do these things on purpose for amusement?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Once again, Liberals go Berserk.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#27]
The cute part is when these malls finally give up, and the Usual Suspects decide to try it in one of the Gated enclaves the Wealthy have retreated to....
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Remember what they taught us in school?

Outside we're all different colors, but inside we're all the same
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I can remember standing on a foot post around eleven o'clock at night, when about a dozen kids walked by.
Oldest one couldn't have been more than twelve. One look and you knew, they were going to work.
That was 30 years ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was 30 years ago.
I can’t disagree. Unfortunately, social media lends itself for all manners of usefulness and has made it so much easier to allow such events to occur.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
13/52
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#31]
The marxist left democrat dream for America.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#32]
F*ck the MSM for pixelizing the images of the rioters.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, this.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#34]
teens
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I would like to see more of Carolina Cruze. #creepypost
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#36]
So enriching..
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Geez first  the Jerky Outlet brawl in NY and now this one.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Unless my eyes deceive me, I believe the media is pulling a fast one. That footage that they show on the fight is not the fight. that appears to be decent people of all Stripes running out the exit away from the fight. I wonder why that is?
View Quote
That's how they can claim that the fight involved "hundreds of people." Hundreds of people fleeing for their lives.

Truth will out. There were no more than 10 total.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Human beings must have a controlling influence on their passions somewhere. The more they have it within the less they need it without. If they will not control them selves, they must be controlled.
View Quote
These are taught from the cradle on, by loving, caring parents who themselves had loving, caring parents.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Must have been a close-out on work boots.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#41]
What band would be appropriate for this....the Guess Who?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They just wanted to sit in the front of the bus.
View Quote
"I don't fight and I don't fuss.........."
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Teens rioting in the food court at the mall.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Robert A. Heinlein predicted the recent riots in "Starship Troopers," 1959.
"Law-abiding people," Dubois had told us, "hardly dared go into a public park at night. To do so was to risk attack by wolf packs of children, armed with chains, knives, homemade guns, bludgeons... to be hurt at least, robbed most certainly, injured for life probably — or even killed.
View Quote
Read the rest of the quote.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Sometimes I miss being mall security, most of the time, I don't.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#46]
"Do you like the island?  My grandmother had an island.  Nothing to boast of.  You could walk around it in an hour, but still it was, it was a paradise for us.

One summer, we went for a visit and discovered the place had been infested with rats.  They'd come on a fishing boat and gorged themselves on coconut.  So how do you get rats off an island?  My grandmother showed me.  We buried an oil drum and hinged the lid.  Then we wired coconut to the lid as bait and the rats would come for the coconut and... they would fall into the drum.  And after a month, you have trapped all the rats, but what do you do then? Throw the drum into the ocean?  Burn it?  No. You just leave it and they begin to get hungry.  And one by one they start eating each other until there are only two left.  The two survivors.

And then what?  Do you kill them?  No.  You take them and release them into the trees, but now they don't eat coconut anymore.  Now, they only eat rat. You have changed their nature. The two survivors."
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Should have locked the doors and went in with dogs and clubs.
View Quote
"Now you's can't leave."
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
13/52
View Quote
Is it any coincidence that there are 13 spades in a 52 card deck? Ha!
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Much diversity. Many vibrant.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think those who have identified the vid as people exiting the mall may be correct.  Obviously there could be some miscreants mixed in with the innocent, but it's strange that the only vid is this one.

I suppose the mall only had one working security camera...must be...sure.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top