Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2001 5:36:37 PM EDT
First off I've never seen Survivor as it's on one of the four networks that I don't watch:

ABC, CBS and NBC since 1985ish and CNN since about 1995.

So those that have seen both choose one.

I've got one vote for Bootcamp and hope that Wolfe knocks that scheming female out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The Boot Camp can't really be called boot camp because i don't see any mission that deals with shooting or the likes.
If they're trying to make the show pro military why not add the shooting element.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I watch that crap.

But I pay my taxes, therefore it is my Constituional right to watch whatever I want.
[:D]

That said, Survivor wins hands down. But I LOVE watching the D.I.'S spitting in the faces of the "recruits"
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Bootcamp.  Just because I actually watched it and didn't see too much of Survivor.  Seemed to touchy feely this time.  I liked how on bootcamp you got to pick someone to go with you.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the survivor babes...Elisabeth and Amber.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That said, Survivor wins hands down.
View Quote

I wouldn't watch that queer lovin' shit if you paid me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#6]
they both suck at least with bootcamp u have to EARN the money
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to see a survivor show where the last LIVING person wins.  Their challenges would be to walk a tightrope across the mouth of a volcano or something like that.  Maybe challenges like "the snake toss" or "gator dentistry" or "hippo riding".
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Garbage.Pure and simple.Infects the mind with senselss dribble.It's all propaganda to turn us into jelly-heads.
[%|]

Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Bread and Circuses.

The Running Man show can't be far away.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Boot Camp is such an utter rip-off of Survivor.  I actually like Survivor, because you get to know the contestants. Some of them have personalities or wit, some are stupid jackasses, some are sweet and some are just plain evil.  It's fun to marvel at their whining or stupidity and foibles.

And yeah, it's a real contrived and gimmicky situation they're in but it's done for the audience's entertainment.  Plus you get to watch people who would do ANYTHING to be on tv suffer from starvation and other deprivations.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
The Running Man show can't be far away.
View Quote

You took the words right out of my mouth.  It's coming!  So is "Treadmill to Bucks".  That's some freaky shit.  Maybe a little earlier than Stephen King predicted.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I like survivor for the babes (Amber) and Boot Camp because it kinda reminds me of when I was in real USMC bootcamp at MCRD in San Diego. Ahh the memories...
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#13]
As I said before, I like Survivor for the hotties.  I don't particularly care who wins.  I just keep hoping for a cat fight between the babes, where hair is pulled and their tops come flying off.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Who cares?  They're both a bunch of phoney-baloney crap.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#15]
HOW ABOUT A REAL SURVIVOR, WHERE YOU ARENT GIVEN ANY FOOD OR SHELTER AND YOU LIVE OFF THE LAND. YOU CANT BE KICKED OUT, YOU HAVE TO QUIT. THAT WOULD BE THE REAL DEAL.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#17]
if i was on survivor my luxory item would be my ar15 and then then show would be more like "Lord of the Flys" then the crap it is now
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#18]
The only "reality based" game show I watch is Iron Chef.

I just heard that UPN is going to be doing an American version of Iron Chef based in Las Vegas. The bad thing could be is that William Shatner is the host. I hope he doesn't do any of his horrid priceline.com singing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top