Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/5/2001 6:39:13 PM EDT
or would that kill his acting career?

I mean, Charleton Heston is good and all, but man, the guy is getting kind of old.  

Would Tom be a next good choice?   Just saw him on Crossfire Trail over the weekend.  I really like the way they took the time for some good  quality shots on the different rifles and pistols that were being used.

How about Ted Nugent for the next Pres. of the NRA?

Link Posted: 2/5/2001 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Tom Selleck is a great member but president? Didn't this guy drop the ball on the Rosie O'Donnell show? Rosie put this moron on the spot and he couldn't defend himself or any other firearm owner/NRA member. The NRA would need somebody that can think on their feet and not let some hypocritical pig get the best of them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't know that.  Who else might be good?  Who would be the "perfect" celebrity candidate?

Link Posted: 2/5/2001 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Ted Nugent is by far the perfect celebrity candidate. End of story!
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking Tom would really help out with the soccer-moms opinion of the NRA. We really have a black eye with the gun-ignorant portion of the fairer sex since the school shootings and AW bans. He would help our image more than Ted or Moses IMO. Chuck needs replacing, God love him, we need someone the "grrls" can go for.
[heavy]
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I think he would be a good leader after all he did stand up to fat a$$ rosie.
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]
He might be OK.  I think the org needs someone with celebrity status in that role.  He did drop the ball on Rosie, but he was ambushed.  Not that that is an excuse--he should have been ready.  Still, if he were president of NRA, he would get a lot of training in how to handle things and maybe he would rise to the occaision.  It worries me that he did not hit her back, though.  Maybe he learned his lesson.  If it had been me who got blindsided by Rosie (fat chance) I would have spent the next 5 years going through the "what I shold have said" stuff.
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#7]
He was a guest on the fat pig show and acted as a gentleman would, as a guest in anyones home.

I think he would be great.

Ted, God I love him, belongs as our voice in Congress and the Senate.
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Did Charleton Heston ever kiss a dude in a movie?  HELL NO!  Ever see the movie "In and out"?  You want a FAG for an NRA rep?!!?
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#9]
How about Scott O'Grady, that pilot that was shot down by the Serbs. I heard he was on our side.
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Halfcocked is right. Let's not confuse politeness with weakness. If anything, Selleck came across as the better man. He was polite, firm, and acted like a gentleman, even after Rosie raised her voice. I think the soccer moms like him more than ever.

What you need is Selleck at the top playing the Bill Clinton role with Ted Nugent in the background playing the James "Serpent-Head" Carville role. By that, I only mean Ted should play the aggressive role.

mattja
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 1:14:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Did Charleton Heston ever kiss a dude in a movie?  HELL NO!  Ever see "in and out"?  You want a FAG for an NRA rep?!!?
View Quote

Place one hand on either side of neck, apply firm pressure, and yank downward to remove head from a$$.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 2:00:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Place one hand on either side of neck, apply firm pressure, and yank downward to remove head from a$$.
View Quote

It's no wonder our firearms rights fall victim to "compromises".  It is a direct reflection of the moral compromises that are made by our so called leaders, and guess who empowers them to compromise.....

Answer: Silly fools, who themselves have no moral boundaries.
I guess it's OK that he kissed another guy.  After all, it was just a movie and I'm sure he got paid a lot. RIGHT?!

Whats a good price or justification for compromise?  Go ahead and pick 'ol Tom for NRA pres!  Then dont be suprised when he entertains or actually supports some kind of compromise to your rights!!

Sure, lets appease the soccer-moms!  But guess what the price will be?  Compromise.  
Soccer-moms: "Well, if you want us to be ok with you having your guns, then it wouldent hurt to maybe limit yourselves to 5 rounds in a mag?"

Maybe we can "woo" them by putting a "hunk" in the big seat.  DUH!!  Thats how Klinton got elected.  
Soccer-moms : "He's cute and likeable!  I'm giving him my vote!"

Oh yeah, and dont forget the sissy soccer-mom husbands who get dragged around by their johnson......
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 3:42:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I have about had it with a bunch of sideliners making calls on the "no comprimise" issue.  NRA can only do what it has the power to do.  I am an NRA member (endowment), JPFO member, GOA member.  When it comes down to legislation, however, it is NRA who has to make the final call -- the other two have a certain persuasive power but are never there when the rubber meets the road and the deal must actually be struck.  And, like you, some of those deals make me sick.

Given the fact that the NRA only has 4 million members, a large portion or which are plaids (hunters) and tweeds (clay shooters) who don't really care about gun rights as we understand them, they are doing pretty well.

The NRA state orgainzations, which are almost exclusively plaid and tweed, are pretty much worthless in the fight.  And the NRA should be able to depend on them for fight the local brushfire wars so the national organization can focus on national issues.  It does not work that way.

How many of you are members of your NRA state affiliates?

Any organization can only do what it has the power to do.  NRA (and kindred orgainzations like GOA CKRBA JPFO) are up against the media, the establishment, everyone the government can buy with our tax dollars, the civil rights industry, the UN, the British Empire, Japan, every one who wants to see a weak United States -- hell, we are alone in the world on this issue.  

Maybe 80,000,000 million americans own guns.  That means that about 170,000,000 don't.  This is a retrograde holding action at the moment until we can turn it around.

We have to fight smart.  At the moment, I think the NRA is doing the best it can do.  I think it is VERY important to have more radical organizations like GOA pushing and educating, too.  But if we withold support from the NRA at this point, believe me, we will be overrun.  

I, for one, do not want to have to use my AR to protect my AR.  And I am sure anyone who has seen that kind of thing will agree with me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 3:52:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Broom Stick, you're a weenie.

Are you the type of person that goes to museums and doesn't look at the male nude statues? Get a grip, son.

See, the movies are pretend. Yeah...like John Wayne didn't kill all those guys in his movies...yeah, they were all acting. Bruce Willis really didn't eject from a airplane, it was all special effects...all pretend.

Now, "In & Out"..what made the movie so funny is that you couldn't have had TWO straighter guys playing gay guys. Kevin Kline, being married to Phoebe Cates, and Selleck being married to JIllian (I'm not sure of the last name..but she's cute). Two guys, noted for macho/romantic roles get cast in this movie. Very funny.

Oh yeah, about pretend and movies and TV...remember Barney the Dinosaur is just a guy in a big purple suit.Sorry to burst your bubble.

And for the record...I wouldn't care if the guy screwed little outer space guys, he's a NRA member, he's a pro-gun guy, and I think whoever mentioned the fact that if he were the Pres, it would quell the soccer moms concerns.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 4:12:12 AM EDT
[#15]
you're right; considering what the NRA has to work with, they do an amazingly good job, and have been doing so consistently for decades. It's almost enough to make me believe that right really will prevail, given time.

http://www.anotherpundit.com
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 4:40:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Liberty Ship, Thank You for the power of Independent Perception.  Your post aptly sums our current situation.

Arock out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 4:56:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Ok "peeps"....."Son", would you kiss a guy for money?  Sounds like you would.

But if you wouldent, why?  Afraid that your hetrosexualy secure friends would treat you differently......or would that decision be driven by personal morals. Then again, it depends on who your friends are huh?

Driven by morals, or driven by fear?  

'ol Tom was driven by money.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2001 5:01:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Stormin' Norman from the Desert Storm campaign has made it known he wants to be next after Mr Heston retires. Don't know how the board will vote but he has made it known to the directors.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 5:09:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh Broom. Are we a little homophobic?

Kissing and acting are two different things. Don't presume that I would "kiss" a guy just because I'm defending a movie. Although I'm tolerant of gay lifestyles, I don't participate.

Tom is an artist...and sometimes to grow in your art, you take chances. Was there explicit sex scenes? Full frontal nudity? Were there erotic and intimate moments?...errrr no. If there were, I'd side with you on this issue. I believe the "kiss" your panties are in a bunch over was nothing more than a peck at best.

Oh, and as far as what my hetero friends would say if I were gay...probably nothing. But my wife and two kids would be pretty annoyed.[-!-!-]

Link Posted: 2/6/2001 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Tom did drop the ball on the fat pigs show. I dont think he has the moxie to stand up to the press without much coaching from the rear.
Terrible Ted`s got it but I think he might LOOK a litle on the extreme side.
Stormin? I hadn`t heard that one yet. That one has promise.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 5:19:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Norman would be ok too.  Either he or Selleck would lend crediblity which is what we need to win the masses. The thing is that Schwartzkof would play to a group that is already on board, while Selleck might actually bring in women snd some of those g.d. soccer moms.

Also, don't forget Susan Howard.  She's on the board and she is the one who actually stood face to face to Clinton in the White House and talked back to him on national TV!
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 5:25:18 AM EDT
[#22]
LIBERTY SHIP:

Thanks for a great post.  I get sick and tired of people bashing the NRA.  Yes - they do things that upset me too, but they are still the biggest and most powerful lobby in Washington.  I didn't particulary like the compromises either, but during some of those battles it was compromise or lose everything.  Unfortunately we live in a world that is slowly being overrun by "soccer moms" and "those that don't give a damn".  Our biggest threat isn't the antis - it's complacent, ignorant, uncaring idiots who say that "it can never happen".

NRA Benefactor Member
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#23]
What about "The Rock"? Couldn't he lay the "smackdown" on the anti's? [:)] I really don't know where he stands on these issues. How about Nolan Ryan? Stormin' Norman would probably be a good choice. Ted would probably be stoned...with rocks...for being the "Whackmaster". Moses will only be able to lead us out of the wilderness for so long. We need to be grooming someone for the position. Careful with those insults or the padlock will be administered.[:)]
Lynn  
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 6:10:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Tom would be good, but it would be nice to see Heston again or another older retired actor.

Tom with Ted's personality.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Zzzzz...[sleep]

I'm sorry Broomie...did you say anything intelligent yet?
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 6:49:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Not homophobic.....Homohostile.

There is a difference between tolerance and acceptance. Jeeps, I believe you are on the side of acceptance.

By the way, "homophobe" is the cry of disgruntled homosexuals that cant sway us people that won't "accept" them.

If Tom wanted to "take a chance" for the sake of his acting career, thats his choice. The repercussions are a natural consequence. People who stand their ground based on morals, wouldent sway with the times of acceptance and political correctness(which are the times we are in now).

It's politicaly correct to accept the fact that Selleck kissed a guy, but you are here on this board because you dont accept politically correct gun legeslation?!?!

1) Oh...but I forgot, there was no nudity or sex. So I guess it's ok.
2)We are forced by law to have less than 11 rounds in a pistol or rifle, but it's ok, because we're still allowed to have ammo!!

Do you tolerate Soccer-mom legeslation, or do you accept it? The Soccer-mom's would just LOOOOOOOOVE tom!!

Would Tom take a chanch with our rights for the sake of his career as NRA pres? Based on what he was willing to compromise in the past.........

Link Posted: 2/6/2001 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Whatever Dude..I got real issues to deal with.

If Tom Selleck appears in a 25 cent peep show gay movie, let me know. Then I'll help you wave the falg...until then, just accept the fact that he IS an actor...

By the way, Heston made a career of running around in short skirts (Ben Hur) and then long ones (Moses)...are you afraid of him too? Or am I too tolerate about that too?

The point of this thread is:

The NRA needs a more charismatic leader to help outsiders become educated. How you turned that into my lifestyle and tolerance levels is beyond me. Your single-mindedness and your confusion regarding Tom Selleck the man, versus Tom Selleck the actor is astounding baffling.

Either get on the same page, or quit your sophomoric belly-aching.

Link Posted: 2/6/2001 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Hmmm...Tom S. AND Ted N. together.

Talk about a formidable good-cop/ bad-cop team.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Gumbyprime just hit it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll look through my desk tonight and post where it was as I am at work now. I'm almost positive it was in NRA packet not long ago. Will try to find it tonight.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#31]
I just want somebody that will pose for publicity photos with an AR or a FN FAL.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Well sure, go ahead and move on to real issue's.  Dont let me stop you.  

I won't support Tom S. as an NRA pres for a lot of reasons, and I shared a few.  You dont like those reasons...thats your choice jeepster.

Apparently my reasons pushed your buttons a little bit, but thats ok. Drive on.

By the way, Heston wasn't wearing a "skirt". He was wearing what was later called a "kilt",  A very masculine garment.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#33]
one quick note: I have to agree with Jeeps here. Whether or not Tom Selleck likes to ride the man train is completely irrellevant to his stance on gun issues. I approach it from a pure libertarian point of view; people have the right to do whatever the hell they want, so long as it doesn't adversely affect anyone else. Hence, I oppose all forms of gun control, because it's an unjust infringment on my rights. But I *also* oppose all attempts to discriminate against people because of sexual orientation ..because, when you get right down to it, what people want to screw is none of my damn business.  It's not a "PC" matter at all, it's about basic, constitutional rights ..the right to keep and bear arms, the right of free association.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Stormin' Norman would probably be the best overall choice, however. Powell also, perhaps, if he's out of office by then. Any high-profile, agressively minded woman would be a good choice also -- for much the same reasons that Selleck would be, to win over the "soccer moms."
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Tom Selleck? Not Tom Selleck? Who cares. The notion that some people would rule him out because of a movie role he once played is so stupid I can't even imagine the pea sized brain that came up with that.

Like actors can't separate an acting role from real life? Please. Boom seems to think that taking a role like that is some MAJOR affront to manhood everywhere. To me, it's just a script, just a movie and pure fiction. No, I wouldn't be interested in a role like that, but certainly wouldn't brand Tom S. as a "fag" for taking it. I guess Tim Roth is guilty of rape, and Deniro is a murderer too. Better call the cops.

Can you imagine Boom Stick at the movies? He's the guy screaming at the screen for the actor to run when the boogie man is sneaking around the corner. Listen closely....IT ISN'T REAL....IT'S CALLED A M-O-V-I-E.

I've heard all sorts of weak arguements in my day, but the "Tom-kissed-a-guy-in-a-movie" arguement sets a new standard for ignorance.

And Boom, by the way, homophobia is not just a creation by gays to label "nice guys" like you. It describes people who condemn others, not based on personal character or a lack there of, and not based on any wrong doing what so ever, but based on fear. You clearly qualify as homophobic.

Who gives a rats a$$ what consenting adults do on their own time anyway? I can't believe some people are STILL terrified of this.

Personal freedom is the #1 reason America is the greatest nation on the planet. Sounds like Boom agrees.....as long as people live up to his standards. Wave the faciest flag my friend, wave it proudly!

Link Posted: 2/6/2001 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Apparently my reasons pushed your buttons a little bit, but thats ok.
View Quote

The only buttons you pushed were from your own moronic conclusions. I wouldn't be too quick to get all rightious and proud about that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Broom Stick,
Doesn't you having your head up your a$$ that way count as a form of sodomy and doesn't that, therefore, make you some kind of homosexual?
Other than railing about one of the NRA's higher profile members playing a gay in a movie, what other manly heterosexual "no compromise" things do you do to preserve your gun rights?  I think you are just another homophobic loser who sits around spouting off about "cold dead fingers" and all that other loud-mouth bullshytte we hear from guys who can't even be bothered to write to their legislators, much less do anything more substantive.  If you even belong to the NRA, you probably figure the dues you pay every year is a heavy commitment on your part.
Try to perform a craniorectal extraction on yourself and state in clear terms what sexual preference has to do with gun rights. Leave out anything about sin, or how the gay lifestyle offends you, or how you felt repelled (yet strangely excited) by watching Tom Selleck kiss another man.  Just address what gun rights have to do with sexual preference.  If you can come up with anything remotely relating the two things, we may have something to discuss; otherwise Jeeps and M4 gave you some outstanding advice that you really should follow.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Broom Stick
...Leave out anything about sin, or how the gay lifestyle offends you, or how you felt repelled (yet strangely excited) by watching Tom Selleck kiss another man.
View Quote

Sorry to quote only this part of a great post, but THIS was HILARIOUS!!!!![:D]
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#39]
For once I agree with the GovtThug dude, I would also like to see where Norman S. asked to take a swing at the plate. I feel that he would most probably be a good choice *IF* he isn't a shill to dismember the NRA strength politically.
Of course I am distrustful of ambitious individuals who may use one office to gain another.

And remember that Tom Selleck is afterall part of the heinous hollywood set that by most standards is anti-gun. Perhaps Tom isn't personally but to take up a position of the NRA leader could perhaps cripple his hollywood standing as an actor, how much would he lose in credibility as an actor if he did get elected?

.02 cents worth in a very convoluted thread.

Railgun....
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#40]
I guess my views are still pushing your "plainly exposed" buttons.   On a side note; I bet you guys anger easily too.

It's ok to be sensitive to others point of view (such as mine), but I think that a strong heterosexual ideal threatens you in some way, AND THATS OK!  I dont have a problem with that!  Although, that would explain the ferocious attacks.  

Yes, I will not support Tom S. because of a movie role.

Now tell me where I crossed the line from me expressing my views, to telling you how to express yours?

Link Posted: 2/6/2001 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I guess my views are still pushing your "plainly exposed" buttons.   On a side note; I bet you guys anger easily too.

It's ok to be sensitive to others point of view (such as mine), but I think that a strong heterosexual ideal threatens you in some way, AND THATS OK!  I dont have a problem with that!  Although, that would explain the ferocious attacks.  

Yes, I will not support Tom S. because of a movie role.

Now tell me where I crossed the line from me expressing my views, to telling you how to express yours?

View Quote

Hilarious how someone who comes up with a moronic point pats themselves on the back as having "pushed buttons". Boom, you've mistaken ridicule and astonishment at your ignorance as some sort of positive confirmation on your behalf.

I used to have a REAL dumb girlfriend, who in the company of others would make these psuedo-intellectual proclamations, which were simply based on nothing intellectual at all. They were often so misguided and ignorant that I felt embarassed for her. She on the other hand was too stupid to even realize her blunder. Despite that, she really thought she had contributed a slice of pure wisdom. Funny how stupid people are the last to know.

Yeah, Boom, it was all you buddy. You hit those buttons REAL good. We're all just reeling and scratching our heads as to how we can compete with logic like yours. You sure did hammer us all with those REAL smart points. Attaboy!!!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I still say Ted Nugent.

Excerpted from Ted's book:

"Today I spoke at length with Senator Phil Hoffman, again. I made my regular call to the good congressman Jim Barcia. Spoke with Senator David Jaye. I spent the day recently with Michigan State Police Commander Mike Robinson. I had my regular meeting with Jackson County Sheriff Hank Zavislak. I met Monday with Governor John Engler’s Hunting, Fishing and Trapping Heritage Task Force, of which I am a proud member. Had a private dialogue with Michigan Department of Natural Resources director K. L. Cool and Michigan Natural Resources Commission director Keith Charters. Wrote a letter and placed a call to U.S. drug czar General McCafferty. I met with youngest son Rocco’s teacher and principal last week. Met with police chief Steve Sinden. I communicated again with Illinois state trooper Commander Dan Kent. I wrote a letter to Illinois Governor George Ryan and Chicago’s Mayor Daley about their ever expanding idiotic nazi gun laws.  I did the DARE program. I rallied with fifty cops and community leaders on the steps of the Michigan State Capitol,  representing  MADD,  Students  Against Destructive Decisions/Students Against Drunk Driving (SADD), National Field Archery Association (NFAA), National Rifle Association (NRA), Ted Nugent United Sportsmen of America (TNUSA), Ted Nugent Kamp For Kids (TNKFK), Brass Roots, and you. Spoke with Alan Keyes’s campaign manager, a New Hampshire state trooper. Spoke with George W. Bush’s representative and set up a meeting. Called Iowa Republican Speaker of the House Brent Siegrist from deercamp to fight for a dove season there. I  spoke with Iowa Bowhunters Board of Director Roger Bowen about ongoing issues.  I ran out my cell phone battery dis-cussing important issues here at home with executive director of Michigan United Conservation Clubs Jim Goodheart. Bruce Cull and I had our biweekly conversation about NFAA priorities. I met with the Jackson City managers and the president of the Chamber of Commerce about a new archery range and hopeful fulture home for the NFAA in America’s #l  archery state. TNUSA National Director Chuck Buzzy and I met to discuss the newly formed Whitetail Forever group and the future of Metro Park Wildlife management. Mark Shamblin and I talked about Iowa doves and bowhunting.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#44]
I took Rocco and his buddies on a swamprun on the snowmobile. I edited four Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild digital tapes last night before bed. I killed another deer. Had a phone call with Bob Miles and Tim Hart at the SHOT Show. Spoke with Dave Ziegler, Bill Norton, and Travis Hall about new Browning products.  Coordinated future hunts with Ken Moody. Called Africa. Checked in with Scott Young, Louie Krick, Lenox Bowman, Kevin Kelly, Chester Moore, Chariton Heston, and Ron Thompson. Wrote a letter to The Saturday Evening Post saluting them for the wonderful progun and prohunt pieces. Spent a half hour with four Baltimore, Maryland cops at the Dallas airport this morning strategizing for HR218, the national cop cany concealed weapons bill. Strategized with Brass Roots’ Mike Hoban. Called into WJR radio in Detroit to condemn drug punks, antigunners, and antihunters. Proofread Ted Nugent Adventure Outdoors. Left a message for Michigan Sportsmen’s Congress’ Kyle Randal. Called the president of Whitetails Forever. Phoned Glenn Williams, president of Michigan Big Game Hunters Association. Took Shemane to brunch. Took Rocco and his buddy on a bloodtrail then to hockey. Called Lee Fields in Florida. Working with Texas Parks and Wildlife to extend their deer season through January. Spoke again with American Archer television host Tom Nelson about eliminating the minimum age for Michigan’s young hunters. Talked at length  with   TNUSA  National Director’s Chairman Ward Parker. Took another youngster on his last adventure for Make-A-Wish Foundation.  Spoke with Jeff Copeland and Jim Miller at Ultimate Bowhunter magazine. Spoke with Van Johnson at Texas Trophy Hunter magazine. Tonight I had a great conversation with Dr. Alan Keyes. Every conversation and dialogue dealt with freedoms and rights.
We are not talking a year’s, or even a month’s worth of activism here, my friends. The list of people I communicated with in the previous paragraph isn’t even complete. Many people shake their heads, smile, even laugh at me when they read or hear the likes of the above. I assure you, this is how I live. I AM IN CHARGE OF MY LIFE to the greatest degree possible. Not a day goes by without my taking the simplest of steps to be a “we the people” force to reckon with. I admit, I’m weird. I’m radical. I am a loud and proud extremist. Somewhat like certain Americans who went out of their way to meet the British tyrants at Concord Bridge. Call me wild, but call me in charge.”
He knows the issues 100%. He believes them and he doesn’t need any coaching. I for one do not believe in the “win the hearts and minds of the sheeple” policy. If I have to use my AR to keep my AR, then so be it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#45]
I think your right M4, "pushing buttons" is a proactive description, and I never should have said it.  I’m sorry.  Far is it from me to possess the ability to stir (threaten) your emotions on this subject.

By the way, you shouldn’t brag about how poorly you pick your girlfriend’s, considering the subject, that could be self-incriminating.

The world of political correctness has created “closet fascist’s”. You obviously want me to change my opinion so you can feel safer in a world with less "homophobes". Sorry, but I wont compromise by changing my views, opinions or beliefs. I simply won't support your nomination of Tom for NRA pres.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Seriously Broomster, don't you have anything else to worry about. Let it go for God's sake.

Don't vote for him - based on whatever criteria you choose to base your decision on. I don't care.

If you want to discuss this in length, start the "Tom Selleck Kisses Guys In Movies" thread and see who responds.

I'm returning to the original intent to THIS thread. Would he make a good President of the NRA. Maybe. Would I vote for him? Hell yeah. Why? Because he kissed Bess Armstrong in "High Road to China".

And that's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#47]
http://talk.shooters.com/room_7/996.cfm
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Let's face it, whoever is the frontman for the NRA is going to be attacked by the media and the anti-gunners for anything and everything, gun-related or not. Norman Schwarzkopf would, I believe, be the hardest to attack. He's a war hero, and if NBC or CBS or HCI goes after him, they're going to create alot of new enemies for themselves.

And besides, if the fight for our gun rights ever turns into a land war, we'll have a combat vet general on our side.
View Quote

Whoa GovtThug.....

Think so eh? I don't believe he would back the idea of insurrection against the Big Machine. I could be wrong and I do hope so but....

As an institutionalized "General" he would more likely support something other than a "Land war" for gun rights.

He isn't the established stereotypical gunowner as mis-described by the media.

And as such he would be less likely to lead a rebellion....more likely to crush any rebellion from inside.

.02 cents anyway.

Railgun....
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I cant believe someone wouldn`t want a guy like Tom in the prez chair just cause of a movie role.
Thats like me saying I dont agree with anything Chuck Heston says cause he wears a horrible wig.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I wonder if Heston's wig ever kissed a guy in a movie?

Ya think?

Naw..that would be impossible. Well, it [b]IS[/b] the movies after all...[smoke]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top