Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 35
Posted: 12/14/2019 7:26:35 PM EDT
@RockHard13F and I are trying to improve planning and logistics for the VCDL Lobby Day rally on Monday January 20th, 2020 in Richmond, VA.

We will organize as a light infantry plt or a company depending on participation. An Infantry unit is what I know how to organize. Our goal is a peaceful protest! Not violent military action.

UPDATE #1: I appreciate all of the responses thus far. It has been overwhelming Information on meeting places is coming.

UPDATE #2: Information has been diseminated to those who have requested it. If you need information PM me immediately.

If you are an out of state volunteer traveling to participate please send me a PM or post here if you like with the following info:

UPDATE #3: If you have not done so send me your email.

UPDATE #4: Bravo Zulu Volunteers!

Where are you coming from?
When do you intend to arrive? Starts at 0800 EST on 20JAN2020

Gear:

Ballistic Helmet?
Body Armor/Plate Carrier (preferably NIJ Level III of better)?
Long Gun (preferably an AR15 or other STANAG magazine compatible rifle)?
NODs?
Medical Blow Out Kit: Tourniquet, Impregnated Hemostatic Dresssing, Oales Bandage or Israeli Combat Dressing, Trauma Shears, Sharpie

Skills:

Prior .mil, w/ leadership experience as an officer or NCO?
Radio operator?
Medical Training? If answering yes the minimum would be EMT-B/Combat Life Saver. Medic/Corpsman/Paramedic of better preferred.
If you have Medical training do you have trauma medical supplies? i.e. a medics pack

Optional:

Whether you are coming or not, consider joining and/or donating to VCDL: https://www.vcdl.org/join-VCDL

You can support the Virgina Battle Buddies Hiking Club Gofundme here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/nbb-hiking-club-support

I'll go first.

I'm coming from Central KY depart around 0600 and will arrive in the Richmond area the afternoon of the 19th.

I have all the gear sans Nods.

I have a blowout kit.

Im a former Infantry NCO w/ combat life saver training. I don't have a medics bag beyond my IFAK

Let's be clear here, this thread nor this site is going to be used for the purpose of planning, inciting, or even promoting violence. I'm not suggesting the OP or anyone else organizing are doing this. I just want to make it clear for everyone.
If you come in this thread to encourage violence in anyway, you will be removed from the Site...VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
@RockHard13F and I are trying to improve planning and logistics for the VCDL Lobby Day rally on Monday January 20th, 2020 in Richmond, VA.

If you are an out of state volunteer traveling to participate please send me a PM with the following info:

Do you have:

Ballistic Helmet?
NODs?
Medical Blow Out Kit: Tourniquet, Impregnated Hemostatic Dresssing, Oales Bandage or Israeli Combat Dressing, Trauma Shears, Sharpie

Medical Training?
If you have Medical training do you have trauma medical supplies? i.e. a medics pack
View Quote
Is the big igloo kicking off? I got camo bandaids from my kids for my bday does that count?
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Great thread OP, thank you for helping.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is the big igloo kicking off? I got camo bandaids from my kids for my bday does that count?
View Quote
Please keep bullshit jokes to a minimum.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks a lot guys we really appreciate your support.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be bringing a few from MD. What are the laws there for open carrying and such?
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I got all that gear but honestly was just going to bring a m16a1 replica and tricorn hate with bodycam
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I want to be there. Of all damn weeks, I'm having surgery that week.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Please tell us you are bringing Carl.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to add: for any out of staters that may be on the fence about going, if you decide NOT to go, PLEASE donate as much as you can to VCDL.org

A seat on the charter buses is $35.  $1,500 is about the price for the whole bus.  Signage, food, water, logistics, etc are all things that they can put money towards.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#11]
PM sent
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Me and a few friends are coming from southern PA.

One or two will be professional EMT/paramedics and carrying basic FA blow-out kits.

None will be kitted-up or open carrying long-guns, but all will be armed and will be in 511-type attire (we were all going to dress business-professional, but the weather will probably preclude that, unfortunately).

At least two will have 2M comms, although none are licensed (that I know of). We'll be monitoring only unless SHTF and there's something critically important to communicate.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Central Florida

At least one day prior (01.19.2019), likely sooner.

Gear:

Ballistic Helmet?
No

Yes; III+

Yes; 5.56x45mm AR15

NODs?
No

Currently Lacking Tourniquets and Hemostatics

Skills:

No Military; Prior Armed Security, Active FL Licenses.

Radio operator?

Handheld Transceivers Only

Medical Training?
No
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Flying in the night of 18th, have not decided on a hotel yet.

Have ACH
6094 with 3+ hybrids, Haley rig
Bringing rifle and handgun. 5.56 and 9mm.
IFAK on belt and carrier, have TQs (CATs and SOFTT-Ws) along with izzys, quickclot etc.
PVS 14
MCU-2P with filters.

Licensed ham and have a few basic radios.
Former Navy E5.
Current CCW.
Basic first aid knowledge.

I have a spare helmet that has a well used harness, along with a JPC with ceramics that I can either mail to you for distribution for the lobby day or try to get into my carry on.

Already joined and donated to VCDL.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#16]
IN

Waiting to see what happens in early Jan before making arraignments to go.

If they pass this bullshit, I will be coming.

ETA

North Carolina

Not sure. Possibly the morning of as I am only 4 hours away

Gear:

Ballistic Helmet?
No, bump only

Yes; III+

Yes; 5.56x45mm AR15

NODs?
Yes

Medical Blow Out Kit: Tourniquet, Israeli Combat Dressing, Sharpie
Need hemostatics

Skills:

11B, 4 years active, 2 years NG, E-4 Mafia, a long time ago.

Radio operator?
PRC-77

Medical Training?
CLS twice. Last time was 1998 or 99
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Forgive the stupid account name, I made it when I was a teenager.

Coming from North FL, haven't fully planned out the trip yet.

Ballistic Helmet? Sure, if needed. Was planning on more of plainclothes.
Body Armor/Plate Carrier (preferably NIJ Level III of better)? Again, sure. Was planning on a more plainclothes approach because I'm not familiar with the local laws and rules.
Long Gun (preferably an AR15 or other STANAG magazine compatible rifle)? Was planning on concealed handgun + plainclothes + soft armor, but I have regular ARs available.
NODs? No.
Medical Blow Out Kit: Tourniquet, Impregnated Hemostatic Dresssing, Oales Bandage or Israeli Combat Dressing, Trauma Shears, Sharpie - Yeah I can put together a kit from my old EMT gear. I don't mind dropping some cash to get my EMT kit back up to par either. TBH you're gonna be facing off against tear gas and other low level shit more likely than bullets. Bring proper gas masks.

Skills:

Lapsed EMT-B, currently mechanical engineer if that's of any use to anyone. Firearms training is civilian, but raised by a veteran and at least good enough not to be a friendly fire issue. I may come with the armor and heavy on medkit but light on weaponry. It seems unlikely to me that the shooting starts here. If it does I'm probably more help with my hands free for a medical kit anyway.

I highly recommend looking at current crowd control tactics and counters to them. Riot control agents are easily countered with a full face respirator with only a N99 filter. There are ghetto solutions to that problem, but the proper kit can be put together for under $200 and leaves you completely unphased by the agents. Works against pepper spray as well. I recommend one with two filter canisters, n99 filters only (charcoal etc is for agents that kill, not crowd control stuff). Biggest issue is keeping your breathing good, so the least restrictive cartridges are best. Something like UPC:  051131527928 , 094718116078 . (Didn't want to post a vendor link.)
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys have NO IDEA what this means to us Virginians.

And doing this professionally and organized is even better, thanks Miles.

Proud to call you guys brothers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
We are ALL in this together.
January 20th is an opportunity to send a message that cannot be mistaken.
That message will resonate for beyond the Virginia border.
Every one of us has exposure....if not today, maybe tomorrow.
It is time to stand up and be heard.

Historically, at least from what I've seen, the 'right' has not be great at mobilizing boots on the ground support.
That said, I know in my mind and heart, that when conservatives are effectively motivated, there isnt a lot we can't accomplish...especially as a coordinated team.

God bless our VA brothers and sisters...we have your back.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Going plain clothes, concealed Glock 19 only, level III vest under clothing. Former USMC NCO, current SWAT. In and out on the 20th, but staying an hour away the night before at a Virginian friend's home. Virginian friend is coming with me (also former USMC NCO).

ETA: On the fence about bringing a broken-down AR in a back pack, since I will have a pack with some water, food, and first-aid any way.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#21]
As an outsider I can absolutely tell you I am not coming for War. I may come equipped but by no means could I ever enter such an alien environment prepared. I will defend myself and think on my toes, but that applies to all situations of my life.
I will come to support you guys, but in all honesty if there aren't enough Virginians to pull this off there is no point, thus my primary roll is to simply look fabulous for the photo opportunity :-) as I believe a massive turnout is the most productive way I can contribute.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Where are you coming from?  Winston Salem NC
When do you intend to arrive? 1/19 Afternoon

Ballistic Helmet? No
Body Armor/Plate Carrier (preferably NIJ Level III of better) Yes
Long Gun (preferably an AR15 or other STANAG magazine compatible rifle) Yes
NODs?  Yes
Medical Blow Out Kit: Yes

Special Skills:

-General Class Ham Radio Operator
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Wish I could be there to help....
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Can someone PM me details.

I'm thinking of coming but I need details on the event. I live in PA so its a 5 hour drive so I need info on whats legal and whats not/what we are going to do on the 20th
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Historically, at least from what I've seen, the 'right' has not be great at mobilizing boots on the ground support.
That said, I know in my mind and heart, that when conservatives are effectively motivated, there isnt a lot we can't accomplish...especially as a coordinated team.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are in this together, but I still thank our out of state brothers.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me"
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Please keep bullshit jokes to a minimum.
View Quote
The boss said we could bring the company ride if it would fit. Don’t know about out of state open carry.

@RockHard13F

@miles_urbanus

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The boss said we could bring the company ride if it would fit. Don't know about out of state open carry.

@miles_urbanus

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/203891/518A43CF-6A40-4BDF-98D6-3709B6612724_jpeg-1196197.JPG
View Quote
Yes please!

Can we carpool? I'll even help drive
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#28]
If and when it comes to it @whiskersthecat shoot me a text on signal and I’ll send you my folks address so y’all have more ammo and rifles
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If and when it comes to it @whiskersthecat shoot me a text on signal and I’ll send you my folks address so y’all have more ammo and rifles
View Quote
You're a good man.

Hopefully this stays peaceful.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Can't be with you but just made a donation. Got to be "in the rear with the gear" at SHOT that week.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The boss said we could bring the company ride if it would fit. Don’t know about out of state open carry.

@RockHard13F

@miles_urbanus

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/203891/518A43CF-6A40-4BDF-98D6-3709B6612724_jpeg-1196197.JPG
View Quote
That's amazing
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Fuck. Who ever set this up screwed up the dates. That’s the first day of SHOT show.

@RockHard13F
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yes please!

Can we carpool? I'll even help drive
View Quote
We are from Pa but that’s the first day of SHOT. Someone fucked up not checking dates.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We are from Pa but that's the first day of SHOT. Someone fucked up not checking dates.
View Quote
Can I come by sometime and shoot with you guys

I'll bring beer

Edit: what better way to show off your product & Company by standing with your fellow patriots
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Tag.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Middle TN

Arrival late afternoon 1-19

Gear:

Ballistic Helmet?
Bump helmet

No

Yes; 5.56x45mm AR15

NODs?
Yes

No

Radio operator?
No

Medical Training?
No
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fuck. Who ever set this up screwed up the dates. That’s the first day of SHOT show.

@RockHard13F
View Quote
It is a state thing in Virginia.  The 20th is the state mandated day for politicians to be there for lobbying.

It is, effectively, our only chance to be heard before a vote.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#38]
This will be a fun read for the government agencies that read this board.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#39]
To help rally people in nearby states. Start hometown forum threads and link them here to help other locals with resources and info, linking up, carpooling, or caravans. Ive seen several florida boys jump in.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Anyone-planning-to-support-Virginia-1-20-20-/10-639212/

Middle FL

When do you intend to arrive?
Probably late afternoon 1-19

I have to work some magic and hopefully rearrange some previously approved vacation days. If that happens its game on. Sister lives somewhere close to norfolk so thats a possible crash point. Definitely need to hook up with some locals for parking info and rally points.

Ballistic Helmet? No

Body Armor/Plate Carrier (preferably NIJ Level III of better)? If plates arrive in time yes, if not no.

Long Gun (preferably an AR15 or other STANAG magazine compatible rifle)? Yes, and concealed.

NODs? No

Medical Blow Out Kit: No

Skills: Mad

Prior .mil, w/ leadership experience as an officer or NCO? No

Radio operator? No

Medical Training? No
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Who will provide overwatch?
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#41]
pm sent
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Who will provide overwatch?
View Quote
The FBI?
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
pm sent
View Quote
It appears this light infantry platoon has found a very experienced platoon sergeant. If the platoon grows into a company, might as well promote him to First Sergeant.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It is a state thing in Virginia.  The 20th is the state mandated day for politicians to be there for lobbying.

View Quote
Fuck. You want to come borrow the hummer? Pinky swear you’ll bring it back and the boss says you can.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This will be a fun read for the government agencies that read this board.
View Quote
Let them read, no laws are being broken.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#46]
OP  IM sent.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We are from Pa but that's the first day of SHOT. Someone fucked up not checking dates.
View Quote
If this shit doesn't get stopped in VA...there won't be any need for SHOT - unless you're a cop or work for the government.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If this shit doesn't get stopped in VA...there won't be any need for SHOT - unless you're a cop or work for the government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the time it stopped.

This is the time men stood up.

This is the time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Fuck. You want to come borrow the hummer? Pinky swear you’ll bring it back and the boss says you can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have an employee that can have custody of the M134, then yes...yes we would love to.  Will even have Miles arrange for a convoy to prote...errr...for it to protect on the way from PA.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:25:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Fuck. You want to come borrow the hummer? Pinky swear you'll bring it back and the boss says you can.
View Quote
Quoted:

If you have an employee that can have custody of the M134, then yes...yes we would love to.  Will even have Miles arrange for a convoy to prote...errr...for it to protect on the way from PA.
View Quote
@SFHC

I'm serious, if needed I'll drive down and meetup with you guys. I'll help drive that beast down and back
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top