Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2001 10:48:34 AM EDT
Wouldn't that just burn their arses???  I'm sure if they can do it, we can do it.  Lets publicly show our cause.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'M IN!

Talk about a way to give this site publicity, we could start spreading the world that we will have one on a certain date and when the media find out.....you wouldn't be able to touch this site with T3.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the idea but where, D.C.??

Trying to get everyone there would be the problem but REALLY there should be enought people, if they care to show up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#3]
How about the "Million Dad March" for father's day?  The goal would be to emphasize safe and responsible gun ownership.  Shouldn't all fathers teach their children how to safely handle a firearm?
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I was kind of thinking something along the lines of nationwide.  One specific day, every state, every city, and maybe a localized one in DC as well to get the point out.  The media would have to catch wind of it, and it would be nice to have NRA and other pro gun organizations backing it up....
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I am in disbelief as I read this thread!

The Second Amendment Sisters just sponsored Mother's Day rallies in 30+ cities around the country.  I attended the one in Albany NY.  Only about 75-100 people showed up, and probably 25 of these were SAS/Tyranny Response Team members or their apparent families.  The turnout at the Albany rally was pitiful!!!  (I am not sure how the turnout was elsewhere)

The bottom line is that the overwhelming majority of gun owners are lazy and completely devoid of any desire to be involved.  How do I know this?  The proof is that 80 million gun owners have sat on their hands while their rights have been slowly whittled away.  If even half of us voted based on this issue, gun control wouldn't even be a serious topic amongst politicians.

I would applaud your efforts to hold a Million Gun Owners march on Washington, but I bet that you wouldn't get more than 25,000 people.

Sorry about the rant, but what I witnessed this past Sunday was very discouraging.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I still think it might be worth trying.

If not in D.C. then how about in various state capitols.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
YEA! with our guns, that'll make them look.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I went to my local SAS Mothers' Day rally, and the crowd was small but dedicated.  There was little to no advertising (word of mouth), so in a way the turnout was good. We held up signs along the road, and it seemed like the majority of the public was for us (2 to 1).  However, considering the number of gun owners, the turnout was pathetic.

Part of the problem with a pro-gun rally is public relations.  The media will not portray us in a good light, no matter how law-abiding and sensible we are.  People don't want to go to a rally and be branded as a "gun nut".  It is sad, but there is a stigma attached to gun ownership.  I suspect that one or two there might have been government infiltrators trying to dig up non-existent dirt or incite trouble.  The only station to show up at our rally was the Spanish channel.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I AM TO LAZY DO MARCH.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in, just let me know when :)
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#11]
That would indeed send a clear message BUT all it would take is ONE lunatic (legitimate or not), to show up and start shooting... and then where would we be?
I think it best to participate in smaller groups, write your congressman, and try to take one non-shooter a month to the range.
Hell, try and introduce one non-shooter a year. If there are 80 million gun-owners, then all of us would only need to introduce three non-shooters to the "wonderful world of shooting" and there would be no chance of more anti-gun legislation.

Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#12]
LETS DO IT, Pass on any info you can get!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top