Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/14/2019 10:47:02 AM EDT
We had a massive thread on the F5 Can cannon and alot of guys on here bought one including me.

ALot of guys also were buying blanks from Atlantic Wall Blanks.

I purchased some about a month ago and while at the local MG shoot noticed they action would not close on a new blank and required mortaring of the action to pull the occasional chambered blank out.

Upon closer inspection I noticed that my new (Atlantic Wall Blanks) look different that my old F5 blanks that I still had.

Has anyone else experience this issue with there F5 Can Cannon and Atlantic Wall Blanks?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Wanted to give a update.

I have spoken with both companies F5 and Atlantic Wall.

Atlantic Wall did not know that F5 uses a proprietary chamber for there blanks. They even mailed me a second order thinking I received a bad batch at no charge. They have been very nice to deal with and I am actuality mailing them back the blanks that did not work and the last remaining 2 F5 blanks I have for them to mimic the case dimension.

It appears that the shoulder on the F5 blanks has been pushed down further which does not allow live ammo to be seated fully and be fire. Its actually pretty smart that F5 designed it this way. I also informed F5 that my cross bolt weld blew out after just a few shots when I first received it. I have been firing it this way for the past year with no issues. When I told F5 that It had blown he offered to send me a new barrel. I offered to mail my barrel to him for re welding and he declined. Instead he shipped me a brand new barrel at no charge to me.

Thus far I have been very impressed with the level of customer support F5 Manufacturing and Atlantic Wall Blanks gives to there customers.

Hopefully after Atlantic Walls measures the old F5 blanks I have they can start selling "F5 Blanks" for can launchers.

Will update when I have more info.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, and thanks.

Just ordered a launcher from F5 during their thanksgiving sale and saw the note on the listing about atlantic wall blanks.  Didn't know what it was about, but it's good info.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting, and thanks.

Just ordered a launcher from F5 during their thanksgiving sale and saw the note on the listing about atlantic wall blanks.  Didn't know what it was about, but it's good info.
View Quote
Yeah I did not see that prior to ordering from Atlantic Wall so it was my fault.

From what I understand F5 is the manufacturer of there F5 can launcher and used to make the xproducts can cannon. X Products just until the last year or so had F5 making all of their launchers. X products did not own any type of patten on the can launcher only the copy rights to the name “Can Cannon” which they defend. From what I understand F5 actually owns the patten of the Can launcher device.

F5 is also a pro 2A company unlike X Products who support Moms Demand Action.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
my friends love when i bring out my f5
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah I did not see that prior to ordering from Atlantic Wall so it was my fault.

From what I understand F5 is the manufacturer of there F5 can launcher and used to make the xproducts can cannon. X Products just until the last year or so had F5 making all of their launchers. X products did not own any type of patten on the can launcher only the copy rights to the name "Can Cannon" which they defend. From what I understand F5 actually owns the patten of the Can launcher device.

F5 is also a pro 2A company unlike X Products who support Moms Demand Action.
View Quote
I've been up to their shop.  The guy I talked to (can't remember his name off the top of my head) is a down to earth guy.  I love shooting golfballs out of my F5 launcher.  it's a hoot.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread reminded me that I needed an F5 launcher so I pulled the trigger.

I found lots of places selling the M200 blanks but I also found a place that sells Israeli grenade launching blanks. Does anyone think these might be safe or cause a kaboom?
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I found lots of places selling the M200 blanks but I also found a place that sells Israeli grenade launching blanks. Does anyone think these might be safe or cause a kaboom?
View Quote
Make sure they have the lower bottle neck like the image I have posted or they won’t chamber.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Still no update.
The owner of Atlantic wall emailed me a few weeks back and said he had it figured out and would get back to me.

I have been busy and forgot about it and it’s Christmas time so maybe first of the year before I hear anything from them.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Digger440

FUCK NO.

GL Blanks are scaleable from Very to OMFG overpowered for the application. Just steer clear!

I have a early (other Brand) that only needs USGI M200 fodder, as was F5 but per the OP's observations, refer to the chamber markings/manufacturer.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 12:53:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#11]
@Matt45

I figured but had to ask.

I place.my order on December 5 have have heard nothing how fast does f5 ship?
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 1:13:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Did F5 recently change their chamber dimensions to be proprietary?  The one I have chambers and fires M200 blanks just fine, and those have the same case dimensions as a standard 5.56 . From that picture above, those Atlantic blanks look as thought they have a longer case and wouldn't chamber in any standard 5.56 chamber, or is it that the F5 blank pictured is a shorter round made for a shorter chamber?
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did F5 recently change their chamber dimensions to be proprietary?  The one I have chambers and fires M200 blanks just fine, and those have the same case dimensions as a standard 5.56 . From that picture above, those Atlantic blanks look as thought they have a longer case and wouldn't chamber in any standard 5.56 chamber, or is it that the F5 blank pictured is a shorter round made for a shorter chamber?
View Quote
I have a box of 5.56 blanks like that. "Sureshot", it goes with some of engagement/recoil system with a US Navy NSN. Very odd looking like that F5 stepdown, the entire case is about 1mm short.

@Digger440 I never dealt with F5. But fire off an e-mail and see what they say.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Chamber reamer?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Update from Atlantic Wall Blanks. Below is a email he sent me. I knew the holidays were coming up so it would be a bit delayed. So totally fine with that actually felt bad sending him a email asking the status. I kinda forgot about it because I have been so busy at work.

Swampfoxoutdoors, we got it worked out over the last few days.
Seems that all of our small base dies have worn out to the point where they are no longer "small base".

We were having only rare problems with 5.56 AR rifles and some problems with the X Products chamber, the F5 problem came out of nowhere.

We have 1 un-used die that we dug out that is working  and  I'll get more on order today.

The dies are only 8 months old so we were checking everything on the round except the specs on  the dies.

Due to 5.56 volume these days we will just change out dies every 6 months from here on out.

Please let any of the ARF guys know that the problem is worked out and we will fix their rounds and toss in an extra bag for the trouble.  Without you guys we wouldn't have caught the problem now.

- I have updated the ARF code to ARF20 for a 20% discount on these items through July 4 2020.

-If they contact us we will send a pre-paid UPS return label to get the old rounds back - will fix  them and return them with an extra 100 rounds at no cost to them

- We are lowering the price on the product for all the trouble this has caused as a "make good" on the frustration it has caused our customers.

Please note, with the holiday this week -  there will be a substantial lag in the beginning on all of this, but will make it a priority.

Thanks for putting up with us, but we have it working out now.

We put your barrel in our hydro-sonic cleaner so you will get it back probably cleaner than when it came to you from the factory.

Have a safe New Year!
Robb

Now that is customer service right there!

Really appreciate Atlantic Wall working with me to get my can launcher back up and running. They have been extremely easy to work with. Probably the best CS I have experience in the firearms industry.

Wish some of the suppressor manufactures would follow suit.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Another +1 for F5 Manufacturing. Jeff is a super cool dude who responds quickly to e-mails and takes care of his customers. He also sells the can launcher for about 1/2 what the other place charges. The "Can Cannon" sold by X-products is actually manufactured by F5.

They are designed to use M200 BLANKS. They will NOT chamber M200A1 blanks so make sure you know what you are buying.

An unopened soda can may be launched ~100 yards or so. What makes this fun is that you can safely use it on smaller pieces of property (still, make sure it is legal to do so). On 4th of July, we set up a wooden pallet at 50 yards and let people launch cheap cans of store brand soda at it. We gave prizes for a direct hit. Golfballs will likely never be seen again so be careful where you launch them.

You can also launch empty soda/beer cans that don't travel very far at all.

I see a lot of potential for these 66.5mm mortars. There are some grappling hooks (very expensive) and other USEFUL launchables available but I would really like to see an entire line up of line-throwing, signaling (flare/smoke) grappling, fishing and other devices.

My F5 upper now sits on a cheap lower assembled with a bunch of spare parts I had laying around.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Got my email today saying the blanks had been shipped so looking forward to getting them back.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Israeli grenade launching blanks have a lot of oomph in there and are correct for launching these.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Shake your cans before you launch them.  The extra pressure inside from shaking supports the bottom of the can so you can fire it horizontally without a blowout.  Also, we use cans of seltzer water, La Croix, etc, so there aren't any syrupy messes.

I got a surplus M203 sight, but can't mount it far enough forward to make it actually range correctly.  So we mostly just shoot it near horizontal at our steel plates.  You could replace the range ladder on the 203 sight with a new home made one with shorter ranges.  Maybe 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards.  It really doesn't fire much beyond that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Shake your cans before you launch them.  The extra pressure inside from shaking supports the bottom of the can so you can fire it horizontally without a blowout.  Also, we use cans of seltzer water, La Croix, etc, so there aren't any syrupy messes.

I got a surplus M203 sight, but can't mount it far enough forward to make it actually range correctly.  So we mostly just shoot it near horizontal at our steel plates.  You could replace the range ladder on the 203 sight with a new home made one with shorter ranges.  Maybe 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards.  It really doesn't fire much beyond that.
View Quote
@felrom

Are you using a Leaf style rail mount? I just got a surplus carry handle quadrant peep sight and plan on doing a "dope" day.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mine (purchased  in 2019) is chambered for M200 blanks. M200A1 blanks WILL NOT chamber due to the longer, more live ammo profile. IIRC they keep that chamber tight to M200 length in order to prevent anybody from shooting a live round with tragic results.

As far as the question about the Israeli grenade launching blanks. IIRC- F5 specifically warns against using anything but M200 blanks. Honestly, having enough “power” does not seem to be an issue with these launchers but I don’t speak for F5.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@felrom

Are you using a Leaf style rail mount? I just got a surplus carry handle quadrant peep sight and plan on doing a "dope" day.
View Quote
It looks like this:

Link Posted: 1/2/2020 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#23]
How much energy at the muzzle and at 50 yards does a typical 12oz can of soda have when fired with the correct blank?
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@Digger440

FUCK NO.

GL Blanks are scaleable from Very to OMFG overpowered for the application. Just steer clear!

I have a early (other Brand) that only needs USGI M200 fodder, as was F5 but per the OP's observations, refer to the chamber markings/manufacturer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Digger440

FUCK NO.

Maybe JB Weld the bottom of the can so it doesn't blow up on launch as easily?!?
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#25]
What are you using as a front sight. The leaf types need an M4 FSB.

That is the reason I got the quadrant type, it has a built in rear peep and front pin.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Update from Atlantic Wall Blanks. Below is a email he sent me. I knew the holidays were coming up so it would be a bit delayed. So totally fine with that actually felt bad sending him a email asking the status. I kinda forgot about it because I have been so busy at work.

Seems that all of our small base dies have worn out to the point where they are no longer "small base".

We were having only rare problems with 5.56 AR rifles and some problems with the X Products chamber, the F5 problem came out of nowhere.

We have 1 un-used die that we dug out that is working  and  I'll get more on order today.

The dies are only 8 months old so we were checking everything on the round except the specs on  the dies.

Due to 5.56 volume these days we will just change out dies every 6 months from here on out.

Please let any of the ARF guys know that the problem is worked out and we will fix their rounds and toss in an extra bag for the trouble.  Without you guys we wouldn't have caught the problem now.

- I have updated the ARF code to ARF20 for a 20% discount on these items through July 4 2020.

-If they contact us we will send a pre-paid UPS return label to get the old rounds back - will fix  them and return them with an extra 100 rounds at no cost to them

- We are lowering the price on the product for all the trouble this has caused as a "make good" on the frustration it has caused our customers.

Please note, with the holiday this week -  there will be a substantial lag in the beginning on all of this, but will make it a priority.

We put your barrel in our hydro-sonic cleaner so you will get it back probably cleaner than when it came to you from the factory.

Have a safe New Year!
Robb

Really appreciate Atlantic Wall working with me to get my can launcher back up and running. They have been extremely easy to work with. Probably the best CS I have experience in the firearms industry.

View Quote
Thanks for looking into this.  I noticed the problem too and was upset because I bought a ton of blanks from Atlantic Wall.  I'll kick an email off to them.  I'm still dealing with a blank lodged into the chamber.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Great timing, had my F5 can cannon out yesterday at my buddy’s and had a blast.

I also had an issue with the Atlantic wall blanks in the summer...same issue as OP.  Jeff was very helpful and have no issues running the blanks from F5.  I’ll send Atlantic wall a note and get the 100 or so that i purchased sent back.  Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How much energy at the muzzle and at 50 yards does a typical 12oz can of soda have when fired with the correct blank?
View Quote
Using GI blanks it will break pallets at 15 yards.  I launch 2 tennis balls (high angle) and kids can safely catch them at about 70 yards
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Have a safe New Year!
Robb

View Quote
I've been needing to order some blanks for a F5.  Is Atlantic now selling the proper blanks again?  Got a link?
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've been needing to order some blanks for a F5.  Is Atlantic now selling the proper blanks again?  Got a link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have a safe New Year!
Robb

http://www.atlanticwallblanks.com/CAN-LAUNCHING-BLANKS_p_460.html

Don't forget CODE ARF20
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#31]
ARF20 is invalid at the moment.  I'll try again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have a video somewhere of me shooting them across a chronograph. Will try to post it when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have a video somewhere of me shooting them across a chronograph. Will try to post it when I get a chance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You’re a lot braver than I am
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Need to try this again with the new blanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I've been meaning to get one of these someday, had fun with one belonging to someone in the HTF at one of the shoots, another member bought some of my late '80's era M200's from me, but I kept a few hundred for myself...  Still finding the occasional odd box of them in old boxes of gear...
View Quote
Think it was my launcher you shot at the HTF shoot. It was fun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 11:56:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I built a launcher using an ATF PSA lower and gave it to the local Sheriff's Dept to auction during their Rodeo Sponsors Banquet.  It went for $1050.  I was very happy and so was the Sheriff.  Looks like I'll be donating one every year for them to auction.  I think my cost into the launcher was $470.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Has anyone looked into loading their own blanks? Are dies for M200 blank crimps available?

Edit: Found this thread

Looks like he is having success with Hornady blank crimp dies and ~4 gr Red Dot
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Has anyone looked into loading their own blanks? Are dies for M200 blank crimps available?
View Quote
Dies are expensive.

Some guys are doing it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Crimp dies can be bought from hornaday for $90-100 but you will have a hard time finding load data. I looked into doing my own but found the lack of data the main issue. I searched on the internet for a few days and only found a handful off loads one using red dot powder. For $75 bucks I was able to get 200 blanks each time I break out the can cannon its typical fired 24 or so times. So 200 blanks should last me while.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 10:05:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Has the ARF20 coupon worked for anyone?
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#42]
My retarded me thought this.

Swiss F-5 Tigers live gun fire during Axalp
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Has the ARF20 coupon worked for anyone?
View Quote
I called them today and theyhad it down as just Arf.

Bob there said he updated it to the arf20 while I was on the phone with him.

I haven't tried it yet though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efxflfUCNbs

Need to try this again with the new blanks.
View Quote
The 12oz (Sam’s club cola) cans from Walmart are the bees knees.

Gotta load them inverted otherwise, they’ll explode about 10 feet past the cannon
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Works now, ordered 200
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Confirmed "arf20" works as of 2 minutes ago.
So, any deals on launchers?
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#47]
You guys cost me money.

My son is going to LOVE this!!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
This
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
If you buy 4 you get the 5th free.  Best way to do it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If you buy 4 you get the 5th free.  Best way to do it.
View Quote
Yep, only problem is I only know maybe 2/3 people that would be interested
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top