Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 10/8/2019 2:13:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for taking the time to do this.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Reported.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
will we know where the “outside pressure” previously referenced is coming from?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Reported.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reported.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]
So Pinochet memes are back.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Soooo... It’s Amazon.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally, a response thread. Only took like 10 locked/nuked threads and a few locks to get answers to the whole class.

This thread is appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Finally, a response thread. Only took like 10 locked/nuked threads and a few locks to get answers to the whole class.

This thread is appreciated.
View Quote
From the radioactive crater of an entire digital continent, we now have an answer.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There is no outside pressure from anyone. I've said it 100x already. People have misconstrued the above discussions to infer outside pressure. We are human and as such some folks did not understand the conversation above and felt there was some pressure from AWS to act a certain way. At the end of the day, all I asked was that we enforce the rules and stop slacking and ignoring over the top comments asking for violence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
will we know where the “outside pressure” previously referenced is coming from?
There is no outside pressure from anyone. I've said it 100x already. People have misconstrued the above discussions to infer outside pressure. We are human and as such some folks did not understand the conversation above and felt there was some pressure from AWS to act a certain way. At the end of the day, all I asked was that we enforce the rules and stop slacking and ignoring over the top comments asking for violence.
That is reasonable. We’re all human. Some mistakes may have been made with the initial tightened enforcement, and some communication errors have occurred. However, restricting direct calls for specific violence is fairly reasonable.

Wholesale banning of abstractions wasn’t going to work though, and probably did not reflect the Commanders Intent.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
will we know where the "outside pressure" previously referenced is coming from?
So helicopter memes?

Obviously photoshopping an individuals face on a free falling commie could be construed as a threat of violence but the general notion of tossing communists from helicopters?

or
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]
In on 1 for this inevitable shitfest
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I read it a couple times but I am not sure if the sample memes are acceptable or not.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#14]
All of that seems like common sense.  Other than the love of drama why do people have trouble with this stuff?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I read it a couple times but I am not sure if the sample memes are acceptable or not.
View Quote
Nor I.

I don't possibly see how the AOC one could be verboten but the stick figure one has been up for debate a lot lately.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#17]
In the old days, a really stupid comment would get you a punch in the face. I guess in the Internet Age, not everyone understands what is or is not face-punchable.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#18]
It seems like there an awful lot of grey area and things left to interpretation. There's been some seriously weak warnings handed out for basically nothing. But I hear the site makes more off of me if I'm not a platinum member, so maybe that's why I get the hate?

I can completely understand limiting hate and threats, it just seems some would limit any comment they don't absolutely agree with. It kind of creates an echo chamber IMHO. But what do I know? I still wear headbands from the 80's...
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In the old days, a really stupid comment would get you a punch in the face. I guess in the Internet Age, not everyone understands what is or is not face-punchable.
View Quote
It’s not the internet. Punching someone in the face for what they say is how you get a felony record.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here.  It appears that the helicopter memes are acceptable.  Correct?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#22]
In on one of 87 pages

Thanks for the clarification,hopefully this clears up everything for everyone
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for taking the time out to address this
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#24]
TL;DR

Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#26]
I dont disagree about most of your post, however....

Making a meme of AOC that shows her utter stupidity (or that of her followers...aka the eat babies example) is a bridge to far.

Franky, I feel like we have caved to the leftist scum, and that's really what I'm upset by.

They talk about killing us wholesale, they have reps in congress that threaten to nuke us.....and we are getting censored because of non-specific person directed pinochet memes hurting their feelz.  I mean....wow.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All of that seems like common sense.  Other than the love of drama why do people have trouble with this stuff?  
View Quote
Ummm, personally, if I join something and go as far as to pay money to join a community that doesn’t suffer from PC and lack of censorship I would prefer it to stay what I payed for. How many things in life do you allow a bait-n-switch after paying?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#29]
So a few things were posted for leadership and the overzealous mods took it to themselves to interpret how they saw fit and basically went overboard and pissed off a bunch of the membership.  Gotcha.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quoted:

Reported.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#31]
in 11 years plus of being here and spending hours a day here I have never seen anyone said  something like "some one should  R** person X"or the above examples  and it be left standing for more than a few seconds

but I'm sure Brownells will be much happier with the new push to clap down on all the violent threats to people ...
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Is this Kosher in the new and improved arfcom?

Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Thank you for taking the time to look into this and writing up the various responses.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Jokes are fine more so in memes than in type because a meme is generally humor/irony/sarcasm based. Text doesnt always infer the proper attitude or joking manner. So yes the above memes are fine. And No, saying we need to "kill all commies by throwing them from helicopters" is not ok. Confused yet? There has to be some leeway in different forms of expression, that's how today works. We also can't have over the top memes which are racist or hateful in message (or threatening) because they still violate the rules. I don't want to post an example of a meme that goes too far. I imagine most folks can easily identify them.

In short, don't break the big 3 rules with an image or with a comment. It's just not worth it. If you think it's close, then it may get reviewed and acted upon. If you think it's probably wrong, then don't risk it. Use common sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jokes are fine more so in memes than in type because a meme is generally humor/irony/sarcasm based. Text doesnt always infer the proper attitude or joking manner. So yes the above memes are fine. And No, saying we need to "kill all commies by throwing them from helicopters" is not ok. Confused yet? There has to be some leeway in different forms of expression, that's how today works. We also can't have over the top memes which are racist or hateful in message (or threatening) because they still violate the rules. I don't want to post an example of a meme that goes too far. I imagine most folks can easily identify them.

In short, don't break the big 3 rules with an image or with a comment. It's just not worth it. If you think it's close, then it may get reviewed and acted upon. If you think it's probably wrong, then don't risk it. Use common sense.
Thanks Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Making a meme of AOC that shows her utter stupidity (or that of her followers...aka the eat babies example) is a bridge to far.

Franky, I feel like we have caved to the leftist scum, and that's really what I'm upset by.

They talk about killing us wholesale, they have reps in congress that threaten to nuke us.....and we are getting censored because of pinochet memes hurting their feelz.  I mean....wow.  
View Quote
The sample memes were said to be OK.

I'm guessing AOC memes reflecting her lack of intelligence are OK so long as threats of violence towards her aren't attached. This one should have been obvious to anybody.

The Pinochet stuff. Well the sample image is GTG but the rest...........here be dragons.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I appreciate what you are doing, but the legaleze will eventually be the death of this site.

Liberals are masters at using rules of organizations to destroy the very organization the rules were supposed to protect.

Fuck liberals.  If you are an obvious liberal that wants to fuck with people and this site, like the underscores, they should just be removed.

Why is it libs have freedom to spout their shit in conservative areas, but we have none in liberal areas.

Fuck all the shit.  Burn it down.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Fuck all commies
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I appreciate what you are doing, but the legaleze will eventually be the death of this site.

Liberals are masters at using rules of organizations to destroy the very organization the rules were supposed to protect.

Fuck liberals.  If you are an obvious liberal that wants to fuck with people and this site, like the underscores, they should just be removed.

Why is it libs have freedom to spout their shit in conservative areas, but we have none in liberal areas.

Fuck all the shit.  Burn it down.
View Quote
Absolutely! 100% right
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They talk about killing us wholesale, they have reps in congress that threaten to nuke us.....and we are getting censored because of non-specific person directed pinochet memes hurting their feelz.  I mean....wow.  
View Quote
this is about where I am
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#43]
So, if I read this correctly, this would be acceptable?

Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#46]
The pinochet meme isnt loading in OP, could we get a loaded image so I can save the image to my phone? Only for my personal collection.

Also, thank you for all you do.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Wtf. Did Aimless edit remove your meme examples post??

The "What do you want to be when you grow up?" was hilarious!
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone care to make book on how soon the Dank Memes thread gets locked and vanished?

Because that "I want to be Pinochet when I grow up" is tame compared to many other memes I've seen posted and reposted there.

@mallninjamaster

@waterglass
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Those are all acceptable memes. I think you folks are confused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is about where I am
Those are all acceptable memes. I think you folks are confused.
No one reads anything these days. It's all pictures now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top