Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2001 9:03:57 AM EDT
I'm looking to make a big move in the next couple of years and need to begin doing research now.  Which state would you vote for that has no state income tax and is very pro-gun?

States I'm currently considering: Florida, Texas and Wyoming.  What are some others?

TIA.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Look to your Neighbor. South Dakota is the place to be.

No income tax, shall issue CCW permit, NFA friendly. Is there anything else?

Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Tennessee, the state that REALLY cost Gore the
election[:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Texas
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#4]
[size=6]TEXAS[/size=6]

Lynn   [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#5]
[IMG]http://www.wilsoninfo.com/texasCf.gif[/IMG]        
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Nevada doesn't have a state income tax, gambling makes up the difference. And they are very pro-gun.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, you know it's just gotta be Texas!  Florida is out 'cause of their questionable politics (two liberal DemocRat Senators!).

Wyoming is a good choice, but you have to get used to having only 2 seasons - Winter and August![:D]

Eric The Hun

Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#8]
You might want to ask about property taxes.  If they don't get you on income tax, they will on property taxes.  These might be local as well as state taxes.  Sales tax info might be useful too.  Surely there's some table out there on the internet that compares the total tax burden.  (If I find one, I'll post the link.)

Mike
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the info so far!

I should also say that what I really would like to be able to do is have a primary residence in a more southern state and keep my current place in MN as a secondary residence.

Does anybody here have any experience in that area?

[b]David Hineline:[/b]  I've thought a lot about going to SD!  If I can swing the two home thing though I think I'll go that route.  But SD is a great place. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Okay, found a few links.  Most of the things I looked at just talked about state income taxes.  These cover all state taxes, as best I can tell.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/pr-statelocal00.html

http://www.taxfoundation.org/staterankings.html

Hope this helps.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#11]
[url]www.taxfoundation.org/pr-statelocal00.html[/url]                                                                                     [url] www.taxfoundation.org/staterankings.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top