Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2001 7:51:14 PM EDT
How many ARs are there?

I remember reading on the Bushmaster site, pre Y2K, that they had the BBQ grill running at night for their employee’s.  They were trying to explain their ship times because the world was going to end and a lot of people were getting ARs.  

Anyway, with all of the talk about the LEGP I started wondering how many ARs are among the general population?

That leads to thoughts about the Second Amendment…
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
A whole helluva lot more that will ever be registered or "surrendered" if they get banned.  I understand the rate of compliance to Kalifornia's registration law is about 10%.

However, I, too am curious as to an actual estimate of existing AR's.  I had heard that there were some 2,000,000 AK's of different flavors imported.  That was from just two Chinese manufacturers (I know, I know, they're both wholly-owned subsidiaries of the Red Army).

With multiple AR manufacturers, and the combination of Y2K and our ex-perpetrator-in-chief working on banning them, I would think the count must be greater than a measly 2 million.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
good question, everytime im at he range i see at least one, lots of sks's and stuff like that. ill bet a kajillion.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
2 million sounds like a conservative estimate do military M16's count?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
2 million sounds like a conservative estimate do military M16's count?
View Quote

Nope.  Gotta be civilian.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Just imagine how many SKS's there are.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Well if we're counting semi - auto rifles,
considering how many people on these boards
own several, I think there must be at least
1 for every freekin person in th country  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#7]
some people here can form there own Bannana Republic *cough* Steyr AUG *cough*
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#8]
How many AR s are there? One too few, I need another one!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How many AR s are there? One too few, I need another one!!
View Quote

You've got the curse!  [:O]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top