Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2001 7:23:46 PM EDT
How many of you are actually getting up off your butts to help preserve your Constitutional Freedoms?  I went to the Texas State Capitol today in support of the Second Amendment Sisters RKBA ralley.  Myself and about 100 other patriots, TRUE TEXANS, put forth the added effort to arrive early and shout down the Million Moronic Mothers.  

What did you do to keep America free?  Open another ice cold brew and watch a bunch of losers turn left for several hundred miles?  Sit and diddle on a keyboard for hours on end while marveling at the number of posts you are racking up?

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, you must be better than all of us.
We're not worthy. We're not worthy.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry. I probably sounded a little harsh.
I (we) appreciate what you did today. It just bothered me that your tone implied that we all just sit on our thumbs while you're one of the few doing anything productive. Please don't trivialize anyone else's efforts. We all make a stand, somewhere, sometime.

Thank you for making your stand today.

Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I make it to voting booth on election day.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I fought crime today.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Now I'm having a cold brew, diddling on a keyboard marveling at how youth is wasted on the young and arrogant
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#6]
TREETOP, your tone was not too harsh.  DPeacher came across as very arrogant with his tirade.  He made it sound as if only he and other Texans are doing anything.  Shouldn't it be TRUE AMERICANS.  No insult meant to the rest of you Texans, but this is just how this guy sounded, which was also derisive and divisive in tone.  

What I have done is vote, joined SAS, NRA, and GOA and make regular contributions to each.  I also have written letters to my congressmen and Senators as well as President Bush.  Most of us tend to do these things while the other side mainly just marches and lies to the public.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I made a rubber band rifle for my five year old son today, He's always interesed in my guns but knows not to touch them. If he can show responsability with it next summer it will be a .22. and I vote.
 TRUE TEXANS huh does that mean you had your six guns straped to your side.
I may not be from Texas but I do try to keep up on the gun grabbing politicians.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
TREETOP,

It didn't seem harsh at all.  Only a series of words sent out in a feeble attempt to justify someones lack of commitment.  If the shoe fits, wear it.  If it does not fit, then it won't strike a nerve.  If it strikes a nerve, be man or woman enough to rectify the situation.  I've seen a lot of big talk on this board but only a few take action.

I made it a habit of finding what made each of my Marines tick.  Some would respond to the carrot, and some would get the stick, but I always made sure we got the job done.  If my methods seem harsh, it is because of my background and training not to accept anything but winning.  There are many methods to motivate the individual, and this is just one of them.

Semper Fi  
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually there are studies that show that you can not motivate others.  They must want to do something by their own inner drive.  By the way I spent today doing something that I consider much more important that trying to make a bunch of misguided idiots look dumber than they already are.  I spent Mother's Day with my mom and my 97 year old grandmother.

Aggie1
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#10]
This is the Christian Sabbath.  let's be polite to each other.  DPeacher, I thank you for taking action, and I understand your frustation.  I think that it's a little misdirected, here.  Half of the threads on this forum are about freedom and the loss of it, and what we can do about it.  I personally believe that it is too late for everything except prayer, and the cartridge box.  I spent the day with the family, in Sunday School and worship services, where my children learn that sodomy is not just wrong, it is an abomination.  We learned what the Almighty has to say about womanhood and motherhood.  We learned that we can NEVER take our freedom for granted.  We learned tht with God, all things are possible.
 Yes I understand your frustration.  I feel the same thing when someone accuses me of not doing enough whenthey don't know what I AM doing.  God bless you.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I ran an IHMSA smallbore match today that nobody showed up for (yes, I KNOW it was Mother's Day.  It was also a scheduled match.  [b][u]I[/u][/b] had to be there.)  

I was hoping that there would be a MMM rally in Tucson, just so I could show up for the counter-demonstration, but seeing as they were only able to get a bit over 100 to "rally" in D.C., zero turnout in Tucson was to be expected.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#12]
NASCAR doesn't race on Mother's Day.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#13]
DPeacher-
Your "message" hardly came across as motivation. It only showed you to be an arrogant braggart.
I don't feel the need to justify my actions, or prove to anyone what I'm doing for our rights.

Feel comfortable that I'm doing all I legally can to keep our freedoms intact. And more.
Your spiteful "pep talk" may work with "your" Marines, but we're all individuals here, and there's nobody greater than the next, or higher in command. We're working together towards a common goal. [b]TOGETHER[/b]. Meaning save your attacks for the enemy.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Ya'll leave 'Texas' outta this disagreement. Ain't nothing 'Texas' did to merit any reproach today or any other day.  

If there's gonna be any states that are in the forefront of retrieving our lost liberties and preventing any further loss of others, Texas has been one and will most likely continue to be one. Can I get an 'Amen'?

[b]Hell, even our DemocRats vote pro-gun, for the most part.[/b]

So kindly step back, and stay back, less'n ya'll wanta get hurt. Bad.[:D]

Eric The(YouHeardMe)Hun  
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How many of you are actually getting up off your butts to help preserve your Constitutional Freedoms?  I went to the Texas State Capitol today in support of the Second Amendment Sisters RKBA ralley.  Myself and about 100 other patriots, TRUE TEXANS, put forth the added effort to arrive early and shout down the Million Moronic Mothers.  

What did you do to keep America free?

Mowed the lawn.... and sprayed a little roundup.
Then went and paid honor to my mother at her gravesite on her day.

Open another ice cold brew

Nope - 1 too many last night.

and watch a bunch of losers turn left for several hundred miles?

Nope - no race today - Jackass

Sit and diddle on a keyboard for hours on end while marveling at the number of posts you are racking up?

Nope - see answer #1

Semper Fi - Figures your a jarhead
View Quote

The real question is what will you do tomorrow?

I will be down at the gun shop trying to make ends meet while you can get on here and say how the crooked gun dealers are trying to screw you over.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll be fighting crime tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree with DPeacher, we have to be more pro-active, in the coming elections in 2002, we should make it a point to actively campaign for the pro-gun candidate, and the against the anti-gun candidate.  Joining the NRA, GOA, Second Amend Sisters, etc is just one step.  I know that we all have our personal lives to live, but the alternative is what we have here in Calif.  The democrats are one reason why we have rolling black-outs.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I personally opened some ice cold brews and watched a bunch of losers turn left for several hundred miles. Then I sat around and diddled on a keyboard for hours on end while marveling at the number of posts I was racking up.

Definition of a midget: A Texan with the bullshit squeezed out of him.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I like carrot sticks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#20]
The MMM is definitely fading fast from the limelight. Even the local news here held off until right before the sports report (last segement of the broadcast) and ONLY did a small 5 sec blurb about the D.C. march with NO soundbytes at all.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#21]
ABC - talked about how many showed up last year
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey, I do vote.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I went to protest!! They had 70(including the speakers, the kids, the coordinates), and we had about 70(with one coordinator). All of our local news channels were their, and the coverage was pretty non-biased. They did give more air time to the MMM's but it was their day. They also didn't show us as nuts, and actually let a women  talk on camera about want is wrong with gun control. Overall it was a pretty good day for us.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#26]
It seems a few who read this board took a bit of offense to a simple question asked of the group and not directed at any single member.  No one was accused of any wrongdoing, but it looks as if a few of us have a guilty conscience.  

Several times in various places I have seen this question hanging over a full-length mirror.  "If you were accused of being a Marine, would there be enough evidence to convict you?”  

This question always caused me to pause and look at the reflection with scrutiny.  Not only the image of the reflection, but also those things that can only be measured in word and deed.  Sometimes I was not satisfied with what I saw, and I made the effort correct the deficiency.

Now for a moment, Imagine you are standing in front of a full-length mirror.  Above the mirror is a picture of a Minute Man pointing his index finger at you. Just below the picture is stenciled, "If you were accused of doing everything within your power to stop the destruction of our Liberty, would there be enough evidence to convict you?”

For me, I know that I can and should do more.  To those of you that do put forth the effort to go the extra mile....THANK YOU!!!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Carried my Glock all day at work (I wait tables and tend bar.) All those lucky customers benefitted from dining in a safe environment.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top