Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/16/2019 7:23:04 PM EDT
Trump administration to release some migrants caught along southern border into South Florida

The Trump administration is preparing to release hundreds of asylum-seeking migrants caught along the southern border into Florida's Broward and Palm Beach counties, with no apparent plan to house, feed or care for them, according to local officials who have been briefed on the plans.

Broward County Mayor Mark Bogen said Thursday that Customs and Border Protection officials told him they would unload about 1,000 migrant families each month, evenly split between the two counties, for an unknown period of time.

Bogen called the plan "irresponsible" and warned that it would create a "homeless encampment" in his South Florida county.

"To bring hundreds of people here every week without providing the necessary resources to house and feed them is inhumane," Bogen said.

Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said Thursday that he received a similar briefing from the Customs and Border Patrol chief in Miami. He said the migrants would be mostly families currently being detained in El Paso, Texas. They would be processed at CBP facilities in Broward and Palm Beach counties, given a date to appear in immigration court and then released into the community.

Beyond that, Bradshaw said CBP offered no other details or offers of assistance.

"No accommodations for transportation leaving (the CBP facilities). No accommodations for shelter or a place to live," he said. "Just no real plan on what's going to happen to thesepeople."

Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., has been in touch with local sheriffs and has reached out to the White House and the Department of Homeland Security to get more details about the plan, according to spokesman Chris Hartline.
View Quote
I can corroborate. We received word of this at work.

Thank You President Trump. Rick Scott and Marco Rubio must be jumping for joy at the influx of new voters.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Trump administration to release some migrants caught along southern border into South Florida

The Trump administration is preparing to release hundreds of asylum-seeking migrants caught along the southern border into Florida's Broward and Palm Beach counties, with no apparent plan to house, feed or care for them, according to local officials who have been briefed on the plans.

Broward County Mayor Mark Bogen said Thursday that Customs and Border Protection officials told him they would unload about 1,000 migrant families each month, evenly split between the two counties, for an unknown period of time.

Bogen called the plan "irresponsible" and warned that it would create a "homeless encampment" in his South Florida county.

"To bring hundreds of people here every week without providing the necessary resources to house and feed them is inhumane," Bogen said.

Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said Thursday that he received a similar briefing from the Customs and Border Patrol chief in Miami. He said the migrants would be mostly families currently being detained in El Paso, Texas. They would be processed at CBP facilities in Broward and Palm Beach counties, given a date to appear in immigration court and then released into the community.

Beyond that, Bradshaw said CBP offered no other details or offers of assistance.

"No accommodations for transportation leaving (the CBP facilities). No accommodations for shelter or a place to live," he said. "Just no real plan on what's going to happen to thesepeople."

Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., has been in touch with local sheriffs and has reached out to the White House and the Department of Homeland Security to get more details about the plan, according to spokesman Chris Hartline.
View Quote

Thank You President Trump. Rick Scott and Marco Rubio must be jumping for joy at the influx of new voters.
View Quote
Lol.

You still holding out "hope" that the "system" is ever going to benefit American's ever again.

I like your optimism, it's sort of neat. Almost "precious".
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]
So. Fattening up the gators and pythons?
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
This sucks
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Wooo MAGA amiright
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#6]
MAGA
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Did those counties declare themselves sanctuaries?
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Biden 2020!
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Will the Mexicans and Puertoricans have a turf war?
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#11]
"Your shopping cart contains an unusually high volume of ammo.   Is 87 tons correct? Do you wish to confirm this order?"

1. Yes
2. No
3. I don't have a choice
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I vote for SF and Brooklyn.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Biden 2020!
View Quote
Oh....good grief....

I know it's hard for people like you to wrap your head around......but criticism of Trumps actions does not mean that we want the Dems to win.....
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
The lefties wanted them, the lefties GET them. FBC.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#15]
There's gonna be some "Florida Alien" instead of "Florida Man" coming up here
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Trump train.........  MAGA
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Almost as good as dumping them in HI.....I'm sure the Ricans and Cubans will welcome them with open arms, overflowing love, and gift baskets.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#19]
If I understand the situation correctly, Trump has no choice.  These people are getting released one way or another due to a bunch of activist judges.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
Damn meng, why do you hate hispanics and latinos?
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not a one strangely.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#22]

South Florida deserves everything it votes for.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
No; but that trash is being dumped here in a state that Trump won and one that's critical for Trump in 2020.

"The Trump administration is preparing to move hundreds of migrants from overcrowded camps along the U.S. border to Broward and Palm Beach counties, local officials said Thursday.

Broward Mayor Mark Bogen and Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said they were told to expect about two planeloads of migrants each week, starting in about two weeks. The 270 weekly passengers — about 1,000 each month — would be split, with half going to Palm Beach County and half to Broward.

“I asked if there was an end date to this and they said no,” Bradshaw said in a news conference Thursday afternoon.

He said the number of migrants his county wants to accommodate is “zero.” Both counties have significant homeless populations and full shelters."

read the rest:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-immigrants-coming-south-florida-20190516-kxbobliqnvandgs5sqq7d6m5rm-story.html
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#24]
FDJT
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Almost as good as dumping them in HI.....I'm sure the Ricans and Cubans will welcome them with open arms, overflowing love, and gift baskets.  
View Quote

It is Cubans and Venezuelans. Puerto Ricans are in Central Florida.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Can we send them to PR. Lot more water between there and FL.....I doubt they could swim across like at the Rio Grande.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#27]
That is some real BS
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If I understand the situation correctly, Trump has no choice.  These people are getting released one way or another due to a bunch of activist judges.
View Quote
Oh bullshit. He ain't our friend and he doesn't give a shit about you or I. The border wall is theatrics and nothing more.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/trump-bagofdicks-4.jpg

View Quote

Many in South Florida supported Trump.

So much so that Trump specifically campaigned at the Brigada 2506 Museum in Little Havana.

Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#30]
He's tried. Cant do it without Congress.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Oh bullshit. He ain't our friend and he doesn't give a shit about you or I. The border wall is theatrics and nothing more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Point out the error of what he stated.

@lew
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No; but that trash is being dumped here in a state that Trump won and one that's critical for Trump in 2020.
View Quote
Those are blue counties and to be honest between the shit-ton of Ricans that the GOP paid to register to vote and the convicts that can now vote FL is pretty much lost anyway.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#34]
He needs to send them to Patagonia.

Any to be relocated in the US should be released in Chicago, New York, Seattle, and Hollywood.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
More of us in South Florida voted for Trump than did voters in some entire states.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
More of us in South Florida voted for Trump than did voters in some entire states.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry, the Half Backs will destroy his state.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#37]
They gotta be put somewhere. 135 a week sounds like only a small portion of the border crossers. I hope he loads CA with a whole bunch of them.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#38]
It’s not like they could possibly make south Florida any worse
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Who ever made that gif needs to learn how to spell.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Doubt those potential new voters will vote for either little Marco or Scott...
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yea but he could send them to states that are already lost, not the ones hanging by a thread
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They should stop inviting them.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#43]
That wouldn’t possibly have anything to do with the record number of illegals turning up at the border and claiming asylum would it? So much so that we don’t have enough places to put them? Nah, couldn’t be that.

This country has been going to shit for more than a decade, and all the Republicans want to do is bitch and whine. I bet half the vaginas whining in this thread didn’t even bother to vote in one or more elections during that time.

It’s disgusting. It doesn’t do us any good to elect a president that wants to change things when the Dims have been successfully rigging the system to block any change for decades. They’re damn good at it too, all we’re good at is whining. Get mad at me all you want, it’s the truth.

Whether it was all smoke and mirrors, or he actually wanted to make a change to the way things are being done doesn’t matter, we’ve let the Dims run roughshod over this country for so long that it’s impossible to prevent their agenda from happening.

Think all those illegals claiming asylum, of which 97% are found to be baseless, made there way here or knew what to say by accident? Of course not, the Libs have guys there in country passing out flyers and advising people what to say, but we can’t even send a decent group to Washington to protest.

We’re getting the government we deserve.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Aren't these enclaves for wealthy liberals and Rubio republicans?
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Biden 2020!
View Quote
Splittin hairs, ain't ya Boss?
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But retirement money is sooooooo sweet.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yea but he could send them to states that are already lost, not the ones hanging by a thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s a legitimate complaint, one based on fact and reason, and I agree, they should keep sending them to the sanctuary assholes that want them, or said they wanted them, until he started giving it to them.

I’d like to know the strategy behind this as well, is it ignorance, malfeasance, or is there a legit reason to send them there, such as facilities able to process and accommodate the numbers?
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Aren't these enclaves for wealthy liberals and Rubio republicans?
View Quote
The same exact place where Republican Mega Donors like Al Hoffman live. A major gun control supporter and Trump backer.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
They are democrat strongholds, so I support them suffering.  however those are the two counties with all the "voting irregularities" every election, so I am sure these illegals will be registered and voting democrat as soon as they get off the bus, which is bad for our state and the 2020 election.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That's a legitimate complaint, one based on fact and reason, and I agree, they should keep sending them to the sanctuary assholes that want them, or said they wanted them, until he started giving it to them.

I'd like to know the strategy behind this as well, is it ignorance, malfeasance, or is there a legit reason to send them there, such as facilities able to process and accommodate the numbers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a legitimate complaint, one based on fact and reason, and I agree, they should keep sending them to the sanctuary assholes that want them, or said they wanted them, until he started giving it to them.

I'd like to know the strategy behind this as well, is it ignorance, malfeasance, or is there a legit reason to send them there, such as facilities able to process and accommodate the numbers?
Krome Detention Center in Miami-Dade County is on the border of the Everglades and the Miccosukee Tribe. It is a Federal Immigration Facility that has been filled to the rafters forever. Mostly filled with Cubans that committed crimes but couldn't be deported due to Wet Foot Dry Foot Political Asylum Policy instituted by Bill Clinton and repealed by Barack Obama in his final week as punishment for Miami Cubans voting for Trump.

Little did Obama know, most Miami Cubans were fine with it ending.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top