Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 51
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I know that for public companies at least- laundering personal expenses through a vendor is criminal and faces jail time.

Don’t know if a non profit is civil or criminal.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's some seriously fucked up shit. What exactly do you think the NRA is doing?

I know a guy who will be along shortly that  you are really gonna like.
View Quote
All I know is that many lefty nonmembers are reading this thread and laughing maniacally... all very pleased with the results of the good old "divide and conquer" strategy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Folks... this is gonna be hard to swallow but if the NRA goes down in flames, there won't be an organization strong enough to stand against the anti-gunner's in Washington.

If you think the NRA is corrupt, compare it to the DNC..
View Quote
How about some mother fuckin' accountability.  The NRA is not mother fucking strong enough to stand against the anti-gunners in Washington as is.  Unless the sickness is cut out, its's already a lost cause.

ETA: If lefties are dancing, it's not the fault of the people demanding accountability, it's the fault of the people who have compromised the organization from the top.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
More good?
View Quote
You should make it "The Laundering"
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
More good?
View Quote
Nailed it!
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:02:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
His suits do look like shit.

How messed up would it be if the suits were a cover for something else?

But I did see an interview with warren buffet the other day and he looked like shit too You'd think with that kind of money you could have a whole crew to dress you. He's probably old enough not to give a crap anymore though.
View Quote
The difference is that Buffet is very frugal, IIRC he still lives in a relatively modest house that he bought ages ago.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:03:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

All I know is that many lefty nonmembers are reading this thread and laughing maniacally... all very pleased with the results of the good old "divide and conquer" strategy.
View Quote
And who's to blame?

The lefties didn't divide shit.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
the brewer law firm discussed is owned by bill brewer

brewer is the son in law of august mcqueen

yes, of ackerman mcqueen.

most of this stuff has been brought up by me and others..... I just didn't have access to the source docs....

the last thread was where all these people that travel were saying there was nothing wrong with lapierre expensing stuff to ackerman mcqueen, and ackerman mcqueen getting re-inbursed  by the nra, as if that was what they do all the time.

what lapierre was doing, was laundering the expenses so they would not show up being spent by him, yet all these people that said no biggy, were okay with that
View Quote
Brewer is dirty.

Lawyer for NRA Did Not Disclose ‘Serious’ Ethics Sanction to Court

"Before the gun group tapped William A. Brewer III for a pair of high-stakes legal battles, he was fined for attempting to improperly influence potential jurors and witnesses in Texas."

His firm:

https://www.brewerattorneys.com

"Value-based billing - Brewer, Attorneys & Counselors has been an innovator in developing new ways of pricing legal services to promote greater accountability, predictability, and efficiency. The firm will, on occasion, offer fee structures that are unique among law firms providing dispute resolution services to major corporations and commercial enterprises in the most significant cases.

Partner William Brewer earned widespread acclaim in the early 1990s for his promotion of innovative alternative fee arrangements (AFAs). The firm has long believed that law firms should be compensated based upon results, not just the number of hours worked. Value-based billing can be structured to define the goals of the engagement, allow the client to manage and predict costs, and incentivize the firm – making the firm and client partners in the litigation process.

In a speech at the 1992 American Bar Association Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. and later reprinted in Vital Speeches, “The Breakdown of the Monopoly of the Bar Card,” dated March 1, 1993, Brewer commented, “The demise of the hourly system was inevitable. Clients distrust the billing methods of lawyers who bill by the hour, and with good reason…. Corporate clients are doing what anyone should expect a business to do: They are responding by initiating changes that make bottom-line business sense, and getting out from under what has been a frustrating relationship with outside counsel…. Legal services are a means to an end. Clients ultimately want results and – not surprisingly – they do not want to pay excessive legal fees to obtain those results. Clients seek predictability, accountability, and productivity.”

While the firm handles many cases on a strict hourly fee arrangement, it will continue to explore and offer value-based billing options. These pricing arrangements are often an attractive option for clients involved in complex commercial litigation."
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Almost 300k in suits in 10yrs, frankly unless he's Oprah with fluctuating weight, that looks more like embezzlement than suit purchases. That's almost 30k a year, and even Z Zenga ain't that bad. You've seen the monkey suits he wears publicly. Suspicion aroused.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Almost 300k in suits in 10yrs, frankly unless he's Oprah with fluctuating weight, that looks more like embezzlement than suit purchases. That's almost 30k a year, and even Z Zenga ain't that bad. You've seen the monkey suits he wears publicly. Suspicion aroused.
Its not business,  its politics. Think 4d chess

Im not an NRA member so i dont have a dog in the fight though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#10]
To sum all this up...90% of donations to the NRA are going to everything BUT defending your gun rights.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:04:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good point. Let’s put it all back in the closet and go back to the way things were an hour ago. WLP can continue to spend a decade laundering money. From you and me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:04:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like the same kind of thinking that gets us Romneys and McCains and Lyndseys.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
More good?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, THE THREAD TITLE DEFINITELY NEEDS MORE BRAYKING
More good?
Yup.  Gooder.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:05:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I think some members here are owed an apology. Also Tim needs to be let back in. We told you these fucks were dirty and robbing you blind.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Good point. Let's put it all back in the closet and go back to the way things were an hour ago. WLP can continue to spend a decade laundering money. From you and me.
View Quote
And we still can't have bump stocks
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
To sum all this up...90% of donations to the NRA are going to everything BUT defending your gun rights.
View Quote
Yep and so many fools keep sending Wayne mo money!
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:06:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Which alot of people strongly suspected.

Surprise.  They were right.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#20]
More on Brewer

https://www.brewerattorneys.com/bios/Brewer_Bio_PDF.pdf

My Office: William ‘Bill’ Brewer Peek inside the workspace of the founding partner of Brewer, Attorneys & Counselors

"Vultures routinely circle the office of attorney William A. Brewer III on the 59th floor of Dallas’ Comerica Bank building. (Hawks do, too, but they’re more rare.) Brewer co-founded the firm called Brewer, Attorneys & Counselors (previously Bickel & Brewer) in 1984. The firm, which specializes in complex commercial litigation, has offices in Dallas and New York, where Brewer was born and attended law school. The attorney, who works at a “partner’s desk” like one owned by his longtime friend and Dallas client, “the late, great Charles Wyly,” founded the Brewer Foundation Future Leaders Program, which benefits Dallas public school students. He also founded the Brewer Foundation/NYU International Public Policy Forum, an international debate contest for high school students."

"“I do cross-training and running. Everybody around here works out. We have a full gym upstairs on the 60th floor with his-and-her locker rooms, saunas, and showers overlooking the Trinity River. This book [below] is blank. It’s reflects my philosophical belief that we haven’t written our story yet—that our best days are in front of us.”

More at link

Oh yeah, he donates almost exclusively to Democrats, including Dick Durbin, Beto and FHRC.

Donations as william brewer

Donations as Bill Brewer

^^^^^ always do a quick lookup on Opensecrets to see where people put their political bribe money, er "campaign contributions"

Of course most lawyers vote D. Yet how can a lawyer who is supporting antis effectively represent the NRA?

Hence the "is WLP fifth-column" comment. Doing just enough to stay in control at the NRA, while effectively neutering the organization.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:07:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah but we know that just from their public CHAR500 that @cm posted in his thread.

Just on the public documents, Wounded Warrior spends a higher percentage of revenue on their stated cause than the NRA.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's some seriously fucked up shit. What exactly do you think the NRA is doing?

I know you feel that you feel the nra is the one for you.... that there can be no other.

but, you have to admit, that the nra shouldn't be treating you the way the nra has been.

I mean... telling all these things the nra says it will for you, but, then disappointing you by not doing it after all that talk.

and the constant lying that the nra is being persecuted and is broke, and keeps needing money from you.

don't you feel you're being taken advantage of?

can't you admit there's a problem?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
274 grand for Lapierre's clothes? What the living fuck!!!! Our association needs an enema!
View Quote
Over 11 years?

For a guy that goes on TV and attends events as the head of the NRA that does not seem like an insane amount, not over 11 years...

What do good suits cost?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think some members here are owed an apology. Also Tim needs to be let back in. We told you these fucks were dirty and robbing you blind.
View Quote
I would rather see us all shake hands and agree that the only way to right this ship is too keep the pressure on the board to assert itself and act in the best interest of the membership.

I believe this was released by a board member.  Which means we're getting through to them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like Oliver North was on the right track here before being ousted.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think its closer to 97% - seriously. Trying to find source
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:11:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You should make it "The Laundering"
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:12:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Those letters seem to vindicate North IMO.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:13:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Did I make it in  before SWIRE blows this off as meaningless?
View Quote
It is the same information that was posted the other week.  Ackerman is trying to deflect their $40 million misuse of funds and since their first attempt didn't work they "leaked" the documents.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:13:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's roughly 9% on legislative activities. Roughly the equivalent to what executive compensation costs. ~32 million.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#32]
OST
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#33]
So, I assume the "crisis management committee" thing didn't happen or got shitcanned after North resigned and WLP won re-election?

I haven't read all the documents yet, so apologies if that is covered.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Lol!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, this thread ain't gonna last long.

Fuck the NRA
Lol!
Touché good sir, er penguin.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:14:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Just think of the shit that passed pre-internet. Our entire existence is a scam. Do the best you can for yours is all you can do.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:14:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Over 11 years?

For a guy that goes on TV and attends events as the head of the NRA that does not seem like an insane amount, not over 11 years...

What do good suits cost?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
274 grand for Lapierre's clothes? What the living fuck!!!! Our association needs an enema!
Over 11 years?

What do good suits cost?
so you're one of the ones that launder your expenses to other companies, and are good with it.

got it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#37]
BTW: I believe NRA spokespeople such as Dana Lynn Loesch, who I believe receives roughly a million dollars annually for her work on behalf of The NRA, and Colin Noir,  are actually Ackerman McQueen employees rather than employees of The NRA.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I would rather see us all shake hands and agree that the only way to right this ship is too keep the pressure on the board to assert itself and act in the best interest of the membership.

I believe this was released by a board member.  Which means we're getting through to them.
View Quote
I'll shake Swire's hand and buy him a beer if he will admit the NRA is rotten at the core. A whole lot of people knew about this for a long time and did nothing, did not speak out, and rubber stamped it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I know you feel that you feel the nra is the one for you.... that there can be no other.

but, you have to admit, that the nra shouldn't be treating you the way the nra has been.

I mean... telling all these things the nra says it will for you, but, then disappointing you by not doing it after all that talk.

and the constant lying that the nra is being persecuted and is broke, and keeps needing money from you.

don't you feel you're being taken advantage of?

can't you admit there's a problem?
View Quote
Fuck yes I do feel betrayed.. but I don't want CA or NY style gun control A LOT more... and thanks to the NRA leadership's historic fuck-up that seems an awful lot closer today.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:16:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sounds like Oliver North was on the right track here before being ousted.
View Quote
Steve Hart, too.  Right before WLP unilaterally fired him.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And people think I get to worked up about stuff like this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:18:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
BTW: I believe NRA spokespeople such as Dana Lynn Loesch, who I believe receives roughly a million dollars annually for her work on behalf of The NRA, and Colin Noir,  are actually Ackerman McQueen employees rather than employees of The NRA.
View Quote
Duh. All the stuff you see is targeted marketing to generate more money from members. None of it is really targeted at protecting gun rights.NRA would be targeting social liberals, poor minorities, and urban areas with money if the marketing was actually about spreading the supporting base for the 2nd amendment. How many poor urban kids could you teach to shoot a .22 rifle with all expenses covered for what was spent on Wayne's clothes?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well feel free to keep sending your money so Wayne can live high on the hog.
No one fears the NRA anymore. Trump and the NRA did that no one else.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
MAC is jizzing his pants right now
View Quote
He should be a life member here and the NRA funds sent to groups that actually represent us. Col North sounds like a stand up guy now who smelled the shit and stepped back
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
they, as well as everyone on nratv, as well as the other social and other media programming (as far as I can tell), that are the face of the nra, are all ackerman mcqueen.

so I'm still waiting for swire's reaction to what happens with the lawsuits between ackerman mcqueen and the nra, causes ackerman mcqueen to stop all that programming.

swire, the '80% of the people are on social media, and the nra is reaching them with all the social media programming they do (list of nra stuff on the internet, created and run by ackerman mcqueen)'
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#46]
That airfare though
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It is the same information that was posted the other week.  Ackerman is trying to deflect their $40 million misuse of funds and since their first attempt didn't work they "leaked" the documents.
View Quote
Where did Ackerman McQueen get their copy of a letter from Oliver North to the Executive Committee re: WLP's refusal to have a 3rd party expense auditor look into the Brewer invoices?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:25:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Can anybody post some high res files and maybe put them in Dropbox for us all to download?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:27:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Now we know why there has been no money  spent to try to defeat the anti-gunners in NY, WA,  OR and other states that have fallen...
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I make it in  before SWIRE blows this off as meaningless?

The purchase of $275,000 worth of clothing "on the behalf of "LaPierre certainly does appear to be an illegal misuse of funds on behalf of all parties concerned, and it looks like that may only represent the tip of the iceberg.

Feel free to stonewall, although I don't see how any reasonable person who is not somehow invested in the current situation with The NRA can possibly defend any of what's going on or try to deflect the blame onto one involved party or the other.
Page / 51
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top