http://www.uniontrib.com/news/uniontrib/sun/news/news_1n13own.html

If you think it can't be done...
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.uniontrib.com/news/uniontrib/sun/news/news_1n13own.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Reddobie, I screwed up the link.

I love the idea of owning the copyright to the 2nd Amendment...What else could we copyright?

Link Posted: 5/13/2001 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
let me be the first to dissappoint you.  the article is getting it wrong.  The law itself isn't copyrighted, it is the information that makes up the law that is. Also the author of
the building code is right, just b/c gov't adopts private intellectual property doesn't make it public.    
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 4:14:24 AM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#5]
hielo & MOD... did you ever feel like your getting robbed of post-counts?

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:58:42 AM EDT
[#6]
This could get interesting.

One thing I didn't know was that it was trade groups that brought this mountain of regulatory crap down upon us. So, if the supreme court were to rule against the copyright holders, their revenue source would dry up in a heart beat. They'd stop creating new, useless regs, and then the noose around our necks might loosen a bit.

The more I think about this, the more pissed off I'm getting. These groups, the NFPA in particular, have to change the codes periodically, in order to sell updates and new books. So we have persons with a profit oriented motive encouraging themselves to make new regs in order to maintain profitability. Hmmmmmm.... Ponder that for a few minutes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought it was the politicians forcing all the regs on us, besides building codes are a good thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top