Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2004 4:15:33 PM EDT
Well gents I've got a bit of a situation-

my local outdoor has closed, at least for the foreseeable future, leaving me with only the 75 foot, standard indoor range nearby.

my question is, do you have any or do you know where I might find any suggestions for good training drills in a relatively short indoor range using an AR?
I've been trying to come up with some multiple target aquisition drills and rapid fire stuff, but am very constrained by the lengeth of the lane and the fact that I can have just one large target to myself...

any advice is much appreciated, thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Use 1/4 size targets?

[edited for serious opinion]

You can practice for home defence situations, since those will be no longer than 25yds. Work on control pairs(double taps for carbine) along with fast target aquisition.

Hang on and I'll get a link to the Pat Rogers Carbine Test, which deals with this type of shooting.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually you should work on your defensive pistol shooting since most of the time you wont have your carbine. That is also included in the test.

(Right Click and Save As)
[url]www.quanticoshootingclub.com/Pat%20Rogers%20MEU(SOC)%20Carbine%20and%20Pistol%20Qualification%20Course.doc[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top