Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2004 1:36:09 PM EDT
Whats the difference in these two types?

Type 01 -
DEALER in firearms other than destructive devices.
(includes: rifles, shotguns, pistols, revolvers, gunsmith activities, and National
Firearms Act (NFA) weapons.)

18 U.S.C 923(a)(3)(B)

Fee:

$ 200.00 for the first three (3) years.
$   90.00 on renewal.
Application: ATF Form 7 (5310.12)

Type 02 -
PAWNBROKER in firearms other than destructive devices.
(includes: rifles, shotguns, pistols, revolvers, gunsmith activities, and National
Firearms Act (NFA) weapons.)

18 U.S.C 923(a)(3)(B)

Fee:

$ 200.00 for the first three (3) years.
$ 90.00 on renewal.
Application: ATF Form 7 (5310.12)

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
If I had to venture a guess I'd say dealer means you can sell new and used where as pawnbroker maybe can only sell used.

Only $200 for an FFL license huh.   Hmmmm it costs like $150 in fees just to have on handgunned shipped to me from www.gunbroker.com

Hmmmmmmmmmm....
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
an 02 can sell new and used guns, however, as a pawn broker, once a gun is taken in, it must be held for a certain period of time before if can be sold, I believe 30-45 days.  An 01 can buy a used gun and sell it right away
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top