Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2004 12:56:41 PM EDT
I have 100s of these little mounds in my yard. They look like small ant mounds and they are about 1-2" on diameter. I don't think they are fire ant related. I have broadcast fire ant killer on the entire yard and the large fire ant mounds have disappeared for now. But, these little mounds keep popping up. Any idea what might be creating these?

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#1]
worm shit?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Extra Terrestrial markings so they know where to land their ship during the invasion.  You don't have any crops so they used the next best thing.  If you looked at your yard from the air with a thermal imaging device you would see that the piles of crap actually spell "Wickie Ooompf Waght Nag Pui" which roughly translates to "Land mothership here".
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
worm shit?
View Quote

I would agree, but how moist is the soil?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Night-crawlers???
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
grubs. get it treated.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The begining of a caldera ??
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
clover.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybee that's how the large fire ant mounds start out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Extra Terrestrial markings so they know where to land their ship during the invasion.  You don't have any crops so they used the next best thing.  If you looked at your yard from the air with a thermal imaging device you would see that the piles of crap actually spell "Wickie Ooompf Waght Nag Pui" which roughly translates to "Land mothership here".
View Quote

A moose once bit my sister...
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Look like worm castings to me...if they were grubs it would probably be springtime and you'd find dig marks all over the area from raccoons, possums, skunks, etc. that just LOVE grubby-snacks. [lol]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#11]
looks like dirt to me
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

No realli!  She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies:  "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink".
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Pretty fucked up worthless looking lawn.
Stomp down the mounds, salt the entiree yard,
spray gas on it and ignite. Start over. Grow
something else. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#14]
If it's a sort of granular mound (bb size particles) it worm castings-- a very good thing!! Stop poisoning them!!!!

If it's grub- you'd have big dead patches.
turn over a shovelful and see if you have big fat grubs - or worms.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been told that it is cricket mounds!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe your yard has measles?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Demons are digging up to get you.

Get your AR and shoot into the ground while wearing Reynolds Wrap around your head.

P.S. Save the brass for me.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No realli!  She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies:  "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink".
View Quote

Well in light of that completely senseless information...

It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on earth has ever produced the expression "As pretty as an airport".
Airports are ugly.  Some are very ugly.  Some attain a degree of ugliness that can only be the result of a special effort.

This is my apology for the obligitory thread hijack.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Could be crawfish diddlings if you live near a swampy area.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#20]
These are worm castings.  For the love of god, man, [size=6]stop poisoning the worms!!!!!!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#21]
i think they are from earth worms.  Start a bait business.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top