Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2004 12:51:23 PM EDT
I went online today to buy some 124gr 9mm FMJ bullets (not loaded ammunition).  Well, I found out that most of the major sites no longer ship reloading components to MA.  The Attorney General's office has been notifying out of state catalog companies that components are now considered ammunition, and as such can not be sold in MA without a license.  Also the buyer has to have an LTC or FID.  'Cause you know, gang bangers reload!

Most companies can't or won't comply, so add reloading to the long list of restricted activities in our fair state.  You can't buy high cap mags, you have to register your firearms, and you have to pay $100 every five years for your permit.  You can't buy a new Glock, HK, Kimber, Colt, Ruger, etc. pistol here either.  The AG's "rules" mandate guns safe for idiots.

As the law is being interpreted, having a "bullet" keychain could land you a felony conviction if you lack a LTC or FID.

I have to last here about a year longer, and then I'm leaving.  Maybe NH, NC, or VT.  No wonder the middle class is vacating MA in record numbers.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I just moved here from VT!!!

The money is good but the gun laws suck!!!

I am in western Mass where are you from???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top