Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2004 12:40:52 PM EDT
Aside from the fact everything is priced higher than I can buy with a C&R.  

Is the fact that when someone leaves their (wife, girlfriend, friend, child, dog) to watch their table, they won't let them make deals.  I would say 90% of the time when I try to make a deal the person (or dog) says my (husband, boyfriend, gay lover) is not here but he will be back in a minute.  

I also hate when they don't put prices on their items.  Just put out a sign saying

"I'M ASKING WAY TO MUCH SO DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

ARHHHHHGGGG!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe you mean "ARGGGGHHHH"

Spelling, tsk, tsk....
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
i can handle that, i just hate being lied to.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate not having a gun show worth going to in the area.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I love the jerky vendors and hate the beenie baby vendors. The thing I love the most are the bullshit stories and total stupidity of many of the table jockeys. I equate gunshows with freak shows. If the Jim Rose Circus would perform at a gunshow, i'd be in heaven. If you do your homework, gunshows are a great place to spot rip-offs and deals!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#5]
awe come on guys they are fun, I have to go just to get my fix or delta ranger special ops navy seal stories. I never knew so many people at the gun show were covert black ops guys??
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
So let me get this straight: you're pissed because a guy loads up his truck, drives a couple hundred miles, pays for room lodging & meals & then doesn't sell his stuff below your cost? How DARE they?????????????

On the other hand, no one holds a gun to your head & makes you go to the shows either, eh?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So let me get this straight: you're pissed because a guy loads up his truck, drives a couple hundred miles, pays for room lodging & meals & then doesn't sell his stuff below your cost? How DARE they?????????????

On the other hand, no one holds a gun to your head & makes you go to the shows either, eh?
View Quote

I was kidding about the price part.  Hence the smiley face.  Guys have to make money.  If it is too high I walk, no big deal.

However, why can't they leave somebody to watch their table that can make a deal.  Seriously way over half the time I want to buy something the person on the other side is not allowed to make any decisions.  

It happened to me five times today, I only found three people to make offers to.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
awe come on guys they are fun, I have to go just to get my fix or delta ranger special ops navy seal stories. I never knew so many people at the gun show were covert black ops guys??
View Quote

There are a lot more than most people will ever know![:D]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I knew one guy, the only time he ever BATHED was when he worked at gun shows.  I guess the water pressure is better in the hotel than his home.  Normally, I think some guys get a good 4 day funk going before heading to a show.

I miss the pre-ban days where guys would walk around dressing like Rambo and Miami Vice thug extras.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#10]
What I hate most is this dialogue.

"That's too much for that gun!"
"No that's not too much. You just aren't the right buyer."

Tj
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#11]

There is a dealer in this part of the state that always prices his firearms way too high, and then as soon as you show interest in a particular weapon, he (or his assistants) immediately knock 10% or a little more off of the price.

I know exactly what he is doing of course, but it is nonetheless a very effective tactic.  I immediately think 'ooh, I had better jump on that before he rethinks his offer.'  

I have bought three firearms from this dealer, so I guess he must be doing something right.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#12]
You mean you don't have a problem with everyone not being "in costume"? [:D]
kidding
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had a table at the Cow Palace show today.  No special deals for C&Rs and all my prices are posted right there.  

Course it's only t-shirts and such, but still...  [;)]
View Quote

DVD, you have my respect.
Do you sell the peace through sup. firepower shirts?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I hate the 'finger-fuckers'.

When I take someting to sell, every broke toothless hick in the show wants to handle the gun. After smearing their greasy paws all over it, they hand it back, without even asking the price. Classic. And it's not just the patrons, vendors frequently do the same thing. I really like the guys with the 'Ask to touch' signs who want to paw everyone else's firearms.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I want one.  Please IM me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Funshows are a good time and great for entertainment in general.  However, my favorite reply I here to the question of "What will you take for it?" is the infamous reply of "It's not mine, it's on consignment, I'm selling it for a freind, I can't or am not able to come down on price".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top