Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2004 8:10:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#1]
How can you teach a one month old infant to be "crocodile savvy"? They have bowel movements in their own clothes for crying out loud!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#2]
He is bringing up that kid the way he was brought up.  If you wait til the kid is 3 or 4 and then put him in front of the croc, the kid will start bawling his eyes out and try to run away only to get hurt.  Also, on dry land, the croc can only reach forward a few inches in a lunge because of the length of the legs.  In water, however, it can use its tail for thrust to jump.  He was safe.  He knew what he was doing.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Saw this yesterday.  Still think he's a jackass.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I would trust Steve Irwin with my two girls in the same scenario. Steve Irwin has a special gift and keen senses which he has spent his entire life honing. I have no doubt that he would give up his own life in an instant in order to save anothers. He once risked his own life in order to save the life of his best mate, Wes who was locked in the jaws of large male croc. While I don't advocate such behavior, Steve Irwin is about the only guy in the world who would sanely and succesfully perform such a stunt. The guy is truly amazing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
ASSCLOWN of the first deg.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#6]
dummy
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would trust Steve Irwin with my two girls in the same scenario. Steve Irwin has a special gift and keen senses which he has spent his entire life honing.
View Quote

Kinda like that idiot out west last year who loved bears so much? You know, the expert who sang lullabys to the wild bears? He wound up in bear shit not too long ago.

BTW, dupe thread.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I think he's a genius!

If I was close to a big crocodile, I'd like to have a small child in my arms to throw at it in case it starts chasing me.

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think he's a genius!

If I was close to a big crocodile, I'd like to have a small child in my arms to throw at it in case it starts chasing me.

View Quote

That's rough, dude.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think he's a genius!

View Quote

That's rough, dude.
View Quote

Yeah, it's probably a good thing I got that vasectomy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Dumb, but I guess he knows what he's doing.  Funny that [i]coincidentally[/i] there were a couple camera crews there at the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top