Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2004 4:16:31 AM EDT
Saw SWAT last night, and I was amazed at the racist, anti-white comments emenating from the mouth of Samuel L. Jackson.  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I know some of you will call me a racist just because I bring this up.  Well screw you!  Anyway, first there are several references to the "stupidity" of the Polish.  I guess that's alright, there just white people, and they've only invented about a thousand different firearms or firearm related advancements.  Then, as Jackson's and LL Cool J's characters are going through the subway tunnels looking for the bad guy,  Jackson says to LL Cool J, "there's an old Indian expression--where there's one white man there are more white men."  I hear stuff like this and I just think how PC we've become.  You can make fun of any race as long its the white race.

Just my thoughts, but you have to wonder why the makers of this movie let those lines stay in the movie.  I think they did it just to make it clear that it's alright to make fun of "whitey".  

I suspect I'll see alot more of that in the near future.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
...Just my thoughts, but you have to wonder why the makers of this movie let those lines stay in the movie.  I think they did it just to make it clear that it's alright to make fun of "whitey". I suspect I'll see alot more of that in the near future.
View Quote

Sounds to me like they tried to make a non-PC movie by reflecting some real-world attitudes of some African-Americans. Would you prefer they didn't?

[devil]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:26:46 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as you pay to see it, they will provide it to you.  They are whores after all.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:29:15 AM EDT
[#3]
You seem to have forgot about LL's character berating a black woman after he caught and arrested a black suspect.

It went both ways in that film. I have no problem with that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You seem to have forgot about LL's character berating a black woman after he caught and arrested a black suspect.

View Quote

Or the Hispanic SWAT team female beating up a Hispanic male criminal.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:11:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

What you seem to be disregarding is that the African-American cop is policing African-Americans, and the Hispanic cop is taking care of her Hispanic brethren.  However the racist comments I am talking about are derogatory words directed at Whites by Blacks.  And this is entirely different from the above two justifications.  You need to compare apples to apples here.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're white, male, and Christian, you are fair game!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Lighten up... it's just a movie.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Come on guys! You know that black people are not racist! Look, they have suffered 100's of years of slavery then around 100 years more of racism from white people. Even today they aren't GIVEN a fair chance at live here in America. So if anyone is being racist it's the white people that would get offended by the kind of statements made in that movie.

Lastly, WE all know that white people are THE rasict of America and that the white person IS the "poster person" for racism in America. Always has been, always will be.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lighten up... it's just a movie.
View Quote

Unfortunately, it's a reflection on reality.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://www.mattdoughty.homestead.com/files/forumpics_whocares.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I can't believe you actually sat throught that POS movie.  It should have been called S.W.I.L.L.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I also noticed in the movie, that at the tactical range, the top 2 shooters were white.  Also, the main bad guy is a french man (any current animosities showing up there?)  The movie accurately reflects society.  I enjoyed it.  Primarily because I enjoyed the original series and because of the firearms.  But I have no problem with the comments made.  I have also noticed in life that the first to scream racism have racist tendencies of their own.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#14]
It's not 'white'...

It's "Caucasian"

You racist!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I dont watch movies with non-whites in them. So I can't say I've seen SWAT
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I think Jenna Jameson recently starred in a take-off movie from 'SWAT' called "Tactical Women Against Terrorism"  - it centered around a deep plot involving hot lesbian police officers battling lust and crime on the streets of LA.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#17]
You actually paid to see a movie with ll cool j??? He hasn't been on the radar in 10 years.
You deserve what ever you get.....

i think there's a new movie with icecube coming out soon....
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

What you seem to be disregarding is that the African-American cop is policing African-Americans, and the Hispanic cop is taking care of her Hispanic brethren.  However the racist comments I am talking about are derogatory words directed at Whites by Blacks.  And this is entirely different from the above two justifications.  You need to compare apples to apples here.  
View Quote

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#19]
people still pay for movies? what do you think the internet is for? [:p]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#20]
This is only for the ones that think that the movies or TV have no impact on society. Remember just 10 or 15 years ago that homosexuality was an abomination. Since the likes of Will and Grace and ALL of the other shows that highlight gays as the enlightened and persecuted has elevated them into the chic culture now we are talking about gay marraige.

Where do you think Dillon and Klebold learned to shoot their weapons sideways? I don't think it was at an NRA event.

Do you think that it was the 12 year old girl that came up with the idea on her own to wear the hip hugger jeans or did she see it first on TV?

What Hollywood wants us to comform to today and may very well be shocking, will be an American staple in 10 years
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Come on guys! You know that black people are not racist! Look, they have suffered 100's of years of slavery then around 100 years more of racism from white people. Even today they aren't GIVEN a fair chance at live here in America. So if anyone is being racist it's the white people that would get offended by the kind of statements made in that movie.

Lastly, WE all know that white people are THE rasict of America and that the white person IS the "poster person" for racism in America. Always has been, always will be.
View Quote

Imbroglio- you're back![party]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Don't sweat it... I mean how many black folks are going to see the movie anyway?

Everyone knows that Hollywood just makes movies for whites, and any other race that spends money at the theater is just frosting on the cake.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I seriously don't care if they make racist remarks in movies.  Hell if they made "White Hating Coon" the movie, I would probably see it.  Racist remarks are protected in the first amendment, now stop being so [b]niggardly[/b] and remember, if they can say racist comments so can we.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I seriously don't care if they make racist remarks in movies.  Hell if they made "White Hating Coon" the movie, I would probably see it.  Racist remarks are protected in the first amendment, now stop being so [b]niggardly[/b] and remember, if they can say racist comments so can we.
View Quote

Nice one [:P]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think I see where you are going with the use of that word - especially in light of the controversy in DC a few years back.  What I don't see is where he has shown himself to be acting as such.  Obstinate would be a better "big" word in the context you used it, but would clearly lack the impact you were looking for.

Proper use of "niggardly" would be in the context of his refusal to reward the studios financially for their movies.  So you see, it cold have been done.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Saw SWAT last night, and I was amazed at the racist, anti-white comments emenating from the mouth of Samuel L. Jackson.  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I know some of you will call me a racist just because I bring this up.  Well screw you!  Anyway, first there are several references to the "stupidity" of the Polish.  I guess that's alright, there just white people, and they've only invented about a thousand different firearms or firearm related advancements.  Then, as Jackson's and LL Cool J's characters are going through the subway tunnels looking for the bad guy,  Jackson says to LL Cool J, "there's an old Indian expression--where there's one white man there are more white men."  I hear stuff like this and I just think how PC we've become.  You can make fun of any race as long its the white race.

Just my thoughts, but you have to wonder why the makers of this movie let those lines stay in the movie.  I think they did it just to make it clear that it's alright to make fun of "whitey".  

I suspect I'll see alot more of that in the near future.
View Quote

I heard a shitload of Polish jokes growing up.  Maybe it was just where I was from.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I dont watch movies with non-whites in them.
View Quote

REALLY?

You must not watch very many movies then.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#28]
A film that started ok then went down the entertainment tubes rapidly.

You could tell it was Hollywood, not reality.

All in all, I rate it a LAME flik and won't  watch the re-runs on late nite TV.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#29]
The ads for SWAT were all action and attitude.  I couldn't find a good reason to want to see it.....EVER!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#30]
He called the french badguy a "frog" too.  I dont see anyone complaining about that one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top