Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2004 2:42:20 AM EDT
From an AP report:
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- The U.S. military bombarded southern Baghdad with artillery to root out insurgents believed to be launching mortar shells and rockets, hours after a U.S. military helicopter was shot down west of the capital, killing one soldier.......................coalition forces raiding a Sunni Muslim mosque arrested 32 suspected non-Iraqi Arab insurgents and seized an arms cache. Hundreds of Iraqis protested outside the mosque after the raid...................... hundreds of angry protesters gathered outside the Ibn Taymiyyah mosque after U.S. soldiers and Iraqi defense force officers raided the mosque overnight.

Kimmitt said the U.S and Iraqi soldiers seized explosives, guns and ammunition and arrested 32 people believed to be non-Iraqi Arabs "based on their dialect." The military says foreign Islamic militants opposed to the occupation have infiltrated from neighboring borders..................... Soldiers in Samarra blew up the house of Talab Saleh, who is accused of orchestrating attacks against U.S. troops, witnesses said. They said the troops arrested Saleh's wife and brother and said they would not be released until Saleh surrenders. The military had no immediate comment.

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 2:49:30 AM EDT
[#1]
"What is THIS Private Pyle?  What the FUCK is this?"  [shock]

A TERRORIST...an ARMED TERRORIST...living in a MOSQUE!?!?  I am shocked, horrified and dismayed to learn that terrorists would be hiding out in a Muslim house of "worship"  [;D]  How can this BE?

I just can't tell you how surprised I am...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:49:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the gloves have been removed, well partially at least.
I read an article on the web a few weeks ago(don't remember where)that said the commander of that big task force is the same guy who lead the mission to kill Pablo Escobar.
According to the article he does whatever it takes to get the job done.
It also said that Israelis are acting as trainers at Ft Bragg and advisors in theater.

I won't believe the gloves are completely off until I read about targeted assasinations of iraqi terrorists.

How do you say Los Pepes in arabic? [sniper2]

Edited to add a link to the article:
[url]http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?031215fa_fact[/url]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:55:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Raiding the mosques, finally.  It's common sense the terrorists would organize and store their materiel where they knew the US was off-limits: the mosques.  Only the overwhelming power of political correctectness could have stopped the US military from bringing the fight to terror sanctuaries. Remember Vietnam, when the White House was too scared to hit the enemy where he was most vulnerable?  It cost us the fucking war.

The fact that the US is now more interested in winning than in making sure Muslims aren't offended shows we are on the path to ultimate victory. Those pussies Dean and Gore never would have approved of this. Dear lord, thank you for W.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:04:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Gee, I wonder if they(us) would find anything questionable if they(us) raided a bunch of mosques here in the U.S.

I say let's do a few just to see.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:11:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd say it's pretty damn nice of our guys to merely raid the mosques. It would be much easier to simply blast them to rubble.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#6]
The military says foreign Islamic militants opposed to the occupation have infiltrated from neighboring borders
View Quote

Well, how about that? Who could have seen that coming?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:57:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad to see our desire to win is stronger than our desire to "not offend."
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:38:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Ya know Our soldiers were jus itchin to go after these scumbags, whereever they may be hiding. I say screw the PC bullshit, level the freakin place and make it a nice big Superduper Walmart.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:04:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll know when the gloves are off when only "innocent civilians" start getting bombed, "innocent civilians" start dropping dead on the street from .50cal BMG rounds and when "innocent civilians" start disapearing in broad daylight...

Quoted:
Ya know Our soldiers were jus itchin to go after these scumbags, whereever they may be hiding. I say screw the PC bullshit, level the freakin place and make it a nice big Superduper Walmart.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd say it's pretty damn nice of our guys to merely raid the mosques. It would be much easier to simply blast them to rubble.
View Quote

I wondered how long it would take for these comments to start.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A TERRORIST...an ARMED TERRORIST...living in a MOSQUE!?!?  I am shocked, horrified and dismayed to learn that terrorists would be hiding out in a Muslim house of "worship"  [;D]  How can this BE?
View Quote

[b]Shocking[/b], just [b]shocking[/b]!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Raid the Mosque then burn the fucker down.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:35:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If the Islamic people in Iraq do not understand that the United States will do whatever it takes to bring an end to this nonsense, then they are incredibly blind.

View Quote

They are, indeed, incredibly blind.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I wondered how long it would take for these comments to start.
View Quote

Comments? I am only saying that if it were some other less civilized, or less caring country dealing with this, they would simply blow up all the mosques rather than bother to raid them. I support our course of action here. If we can get to the bad guys without destroying the churches, then go for it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I saw a movie I think called "civil war in algeria"it was about how the algerians gained independance from the french. But it was spooky similiar to our situation. The "freedom fighters" would dress up as westerners then plant bombs in Discos or cafes where europeans hung out then blow them to bits. later when the french cracked down they wore burkas and smuggled the explosives that way. Because it was culturally "wrong" for a french soldier to physically search a muslim woman they got away with it. Unless we do what is nessessary to beat them we'll lose too!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If the Islamic people in Iraq do not understand that the United States will do whatever it takes to bring an end to this nonsense, then they are incredibly blind.

If they value their mosques, then they should take every possible step to make certain that they do not become havens for terrorists.
View Quote

Short and to the point. A very quality post.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Remember W talking about how those who harbor terrorists are also our enemy?

This is the exact same thing, on a smaller scale.

Like ETH said - if the 'religion of peace' wants to keep it's mosques - then they better shape up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top