Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 8:10:32 PM EDT
A truckdriver/Farmer from Australia!!!! His name is MR.Hastings!!!!

Being a truckdriver you know what that also makes him country music fans......................................................You got it!.........................
KING OF THE ROAD!

Sorry couldn't resist!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
This ain't a joke(except the part about King of the road!) This guy claims the Queen got knocked up by a French Archer and her offspring was eroniosly given the throne and that illegit branch of the family has held it for the past 400 years!!!!

I think the man ought to walk up to Buckingham palace with an Eviction notice and ask if he "can use the throne now?"
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This ain't a joke(except the part about King of the road!) This guy claims the Queen got knocked up by a French Archer and her offspring was eroniosly given the throne and that illegit branch of the family has held it for the past 400 years!!!!

I think the man ought to walk up to Buckingham palace with an Eviction notice and ask if he "can use the throne now?"
View Quote

He'd have to get in line. In the past 400 years or so, there have been (off the top of my head) at least five royal houses in the UK, not including Oliver Cromwell and his son. All of them would have legit claims, since "natural sons" are not recognized as legit heirs to the throne. Sorry ya little bastard!......[:D]

This guy's smoking some serious crack...
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
No the Australian isn't claiming it, the Historian found it out and searched out this truck driver/farmer! This guys claim would be that from George the 1st all royals have been bastards!!!!!!!!

Even Worse.......Gulp......... FRENCH BASTARDS!!!! UGH!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#5]
the royals being bastards is better than when they were all inbred, which is why so many had hemophilia
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Bosh and rubbish. The only family with rights to the British throne is the Von Battenberg clan :-)
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#7]
This has already been covered in the movie King Ralph.  hellooooooooooooooooooooo

LOL  I just had to get it in there.

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Who cares?

The current "British" royal family are nothing but sausage-sucking germans anyway

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]
What do you mean "when"? [lol]

Quoted:
the royals being bastards is better than when they were all inbred, which is why so many had hemophilia
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:42:40 AM EDT
[#10]
and William of Orange was Dutch, the Plantagenets were French/Norman, Stuarts were Scots weren't they?

It used to be said the Queen Mum was the only Royal with English Royal blood in her.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#11]
evict the bastages, we need to see a beer drinking, gun toting, barroom brawling trucker on the throne, ah yes, ye ole freightliner outside of the palace.....
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Why not just disband the lot of them, kick them out of the fancy houses, sell off all the fancy knick-knacks, and split the $$ between all of the Brits?  Are the Royals really anything other than rich bums?  Not meant to offend any Crown-lovers here, just the opinion of a guy from Alabama, so take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:23:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Who cares?

The current "British" royal family are nothing but sausage-sucking germans anyway

View Quote

Hey, thats my...uh...oh, forget about it.

What would your queen say about you badmouthing some fellow royals?

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:38:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why not just disband the lot of them, kick them out of the fancy houses, sell off all the fancy knick-knacks, and split the $$ between all of the Brits?  Are the Royals really anything other than rich bums?  Not meant to offend any Crown-lovers here, just the opinion of a guy from Alabama, so take it for what it's worth.
View Quote

I agree. Bunch of pompous elitist assholes. Why do they still have kings and queens??? Are the English people THAT stupid?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:40:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree. Bunch of pompous elitist assholes. Why do they still have kings and queens??? Are the English people THAT stupid?
View Quote

Remember that our british friends are "royal monarchists".

BUt, my favorite saying about *all* royalty is "the only good royal, is a dead royal".

(even the beloved ones).
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Remember that our british friends are "royal monarchists".

BUt, my favorite saying about *all* royalty is "the only good royal, is a dead royal".

(even the beloved ones).
View Quote

I think there are two issues that I just don't understand about people's dislike for royalty.

To a certain extent, their money and wealth is NO different from that of people like the Kennedy's, Vanderbilts, etc - there are millions of worthless human beings out there who haven't earned or deserved the money or priveledge their ancestor's hard work have given them.

Paris Hilton seems to be the perfect example of that.  Would you advocate that rich U.S. families should have their money and priviledge taken away from them if they didn't earn it in their own generation?  Of course not - so why hold inherited wealth in SOME specific European families to such an unfair standard.  I honestly don't understand that logic - it seems very inconsistent and unecessarily vindictive.

I suppose the repsonse could be that it is not just the money, but the priviledged positions - i.e. being BORN into a position.  However, I think that is a big misunderstanding.  First of all, people like Paris Hilton are clearly BORN into privildge and position, so I still don't see much of a difference - but second, I don't think you realize how little power and influence the royals have, and how much obligation and service these people have to perform their entire lives.  If you look at all the "priviledge" it really is not any different from the extremely wealthy - but the difference is that the wealthy can do whatever the hell they want, whereas royals (especially those in the line of suceession) have immense amounts of obligations.

Keep in mind as well, that some royal families (the one I am obviously most familiar with is the one of Denmark) pretty have held the country together for over a THOUSAND YEARS, and even though in some ways they pretty much owned it, they also gave it up as we moved into a more democratic and modern era.  I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping a monarchy to honor everything they have done for the country - in the same way that we honor veterans for their contributions to the country.

Plus, if you knew some of these people, it's not like they are automatically snobs or assholes.  The crown prince of Denmark, Frederik, served his military service as a recruit like everyone else and later served as a squad leader (I know he was held to the EXACT same standards and hard training, because we served int eh same regiment at the same time) - before ever going to officer's school to earn the officer's rank that he could just have had for the asking.  His brother did the same (we were at sergeant's school together).  After becoming an officer, he qualified for the Danish navy's counterpart to SEAL teams, and completed their version of "BUDs" training.  

Sorry about babbling - I'm sure I'm not going to change anyone's opinions, but I'm honestly confused about the hostility that some of you show.

(btw - I don't consider a whole lot of existing royal families to actually be royal - things like Saudi "princes", African "kings", those jokers in Monaco, and a lot of other "royalty" are nothing more than rich assholes who are trying to buy respectability.  I hate those people.  It wouldn't surprise me if Bill Gates became the next king of Sweden, for instance [;)] ).
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who cares?

View Quote

Hey, thats my...uh...oh, forget about it.

What would your queen say about you badmouthing some fellow royals?

View Quote

Hehe - as I tried to clarify (at the end of my rant above), there are real royals, and then there are pretend royals - and then there are the royals who stabbed the Danes in the back when they sent the pirate Nelson to burn our fleet.  Bastards [;)]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I've got them all beat.  As a direct descendent of William the Conqueror, I have more of a claim to the throne than any of those people.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#19]
careful dk, they might toss you in the tower.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top