Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2004 7:22:54 PM EDT
what do you think is the best deal on a low budget guitar right now?

i just picked up a shecter c1-a/e for $500 bucks

www.schecterguitars.com/

i swear these foreign made guitars are getting better and better. i really love the feel and sound of this thing.

i feel bad for not buying a US made guitar for about five minutes ... then i realize how well this korean made thing plays

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a Mexican Strat (go figure) that I put Kinman pickups in. I love it. Great price, tone, and action.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I am quite fond of my 1959 Danelectro and my Gretsch 6120's. They make me happy! Arvin
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
i've got a mexi strat too

i compared it to the USA models and the only thing i prefered was the tuning machines

everything else felt just as good on the beaner strat as on the USA made one
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i've got a mexi strat too

i compared it to the USA models and the only thing i prefered was the tuning machines

everything else felt just as good on the beaner strat as on the USA made one
View Quote

Yup, I put Sperzel locking tuners on mine and locked down the tremlo, never used it anyway. Stays in tune very well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Guitar prices are definitely not what they used to be in the mid/early 90s, when I was seriously playing.

Hell, a few years back I picked up a Jackson Dinky Reverse for $250.00
Back in my hey day...the same fiddle was at least $1000.00

Check the Musicians Friend catalouge...all the old "heavy metal" axes that used to be really expensive, are quite cheap now.
(Jackson, B.C. Rich, Charvell, ect. ect.)
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought a Fender "California" series Tele a few years ago.  Parts are made in the US, assemply in Mexico.   Not bad for $400.   Too bad they cancelled that line.

My pick right now for acoustics is the Martin 15 series.   You can pickup a nice sounding 000-15 or D-15 for $600-700.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Guitar prices are definitely not what they used to be in the mid/early 90s, when I was seriously playing.

Hell, a few years back I picked up a Jackson Dinky Reverse for $250.00
Back in my hey day...the same fiddle was at least $1000.00

Check the Musicians Friend catalouge...all the old "heavy metal" axes that used to be really expensive, are quite cheap now.
(Jackson, B.C. Rich, Charvell, ect. ect.)
View Quote

What comes around, goes around.   When  Charvell, BC Rich, etc. was hot you couldn't give a way a Gibson.   Now Gibson means $$$$$$, even thought their QC sucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top